- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on Radioactive Waste Disposal Amount of Kori Unit 1 Reactor Vessel Considering Cutting and Packaging Methods
고리 1호기 원자로 압력용기 절단과 포장 방법에 따른 처분 물량 산정
- Choi, Yujeong (KEPCO International Nuclear Graduate School) ;
- Lee, Seong-Cheol (KEPCO International Nuclear Graduate School) ;
- Kim, Chang-Lak (KEPCO International Nuclear Graduate School)
- Received : 2015.08.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.04
- Published : 2016.06.30
Decommissioning of nuclear power plants has become a big issue in South Korea as some of the nuclear power plants in operation including Kori unit 1 and Wolsung unit 1 are getting old. Recently, Wolsung unit 1 received permission to continue operation while Kori unit 1 will shut down permanently in June 2017. With the consideration of segmentation method and disposal containers, this paper evaluated final disposal amount of radioactive waste generated from decommissioning of the reactor pressure vessel in Kori unit 1 which will be decommissioned as the first in South Korea. The evaluation results indicated that the final disposal amount from the top and bottom heads of the reactor pressure vessel with hemisphere shape decreased as they were cut in smaller more effectively than the cylindrical part of the reactor pressure vessel. It was also investigated that 200 L and 320 L radioactive waste disposal containers used in Kyung-Ju disposal facility had low payload efficiency because of loading weight limitation.
Supported by : 한국원자력안전재단
- J.S. Song, Y.G. Kim, and S.H. Lee, "A Study on Radioactive Source-term Assessment Method for Decommissioning PWR Primary System" JNFCWT, 2(2), 153-164 (2014).
- B.Y. Min, J.W. Park, W.K. Choi, and K.W. Lee, "Separation of Radionuclide from Dismantled Concrete Waste", J. of the Korean Radioactive Waste Society, 7(2), 79-86 (2009).
- K.J. Lee, H.S. Kim, S.W. Shin, M.J. Song, and Y.K. Lee, "Estimation of Radioactive Inventory for a Major Component of Reactor in Decommissioning", J. of the Korean Radioactive Waste Society, 2(1), 69-75 (2004).
- OECD, "Decommissioning Nuclear Power Plants: Policies, Strategies, and Costs", Nuclear Energy Agency., Paris (2003).
- G.D. Lee and J.S. Park, The Study of Establishing IES Baseline Supply Plan, Korea Energy Economics Institute Report, 2005-E-NM01-P-01 (2005).
- J.B. Park, H.R. Jung, E.Y. Lee, C.L. Kim, G.Y. Kim, K.S. Kim, Y.K. Koh, K.W. Park, J.H. Cheong, C.W. Jeong, J.S. Choi, and K.D. Kim, "Wolsong Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Center: Progressand Challenges." NET., 41(4), 477-492 (2009). https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.2009.41.4.477
- OECD. The Management of Large Components from Decommissioning to Storage and Disposal, The Task Group on Large Components of the NEA Working Party on Decommissioning and Dismantling Report, NEA/RWM/R(2012)8, (2012).
- G. Gestermann, "MOSAIK 20 Years of Experience with a Cask System for Transportation, Conditioning and Storage of Rdioactive Waste." 14th Int. Symp. on the Packaging and Transportation of Radioactive Materials, Paper No. 067, IAEA, Berlin (2004).
- I.J. Kim, "Evaluation of Optimized dismantling Techniques for Reactor Pressure Vessel Segmentation in KSNP", Master degree dissertation, Kepco International Nuclear Graduate School (2013).