- Volume 4 Issue 2
Purpose. This study was to identify the relationship between self-directed learning and nursing student's satisfaction of clinical practice. Methods. This study was designed to measure the level of satisfaction according to the contents, guidance, environment, time, and the evaluation of clinical practice. Two hundred thirty-one nursing student from baccalaureate program in H-gun was sampled. A scale consisting of 75 questions, developed by the researcher, was used to gather data from September 14 through 27, 2012. The data was analyzed by descriptive statistics, paired t-test, pearson correlation, and multiple linear regression using the SPSS WIN 18.0 program. Results. The results were summarized : Self-directed learning didn't show a significant different by grade(t=0.83, p=.934). Nursing student's satisfaction of clinical practice didn't show a significant different by grade(t=0.26, p=.798). The relationship between self-directed learning correlated with the degree of nursing student's satisfaction in clinical practice(r=.44, p<.001). The factors of self-directed learning described nursing student's satisfaction of clinical practice as
Nursing student;Self-directed learning;Satisfaction of clinical practice
- Lee SJ, Chang YK, Lee HN, et al. A study on the development of life-skills : Communication, problem solving, and self-directed learning. Seoul; Korean Educational Development Institute, 2003.
- Gu HJ. A study on relationship between perceived family support and nursing student's satisfaction of clinical practice by nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2008;14(2):205-215. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.205
- Joo HS. Conceptualization of self-regulated learning and educational implications. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 2003;21(1):203-221.
- Kim IS, Lee JH. Analysis for preparing self-directed learning of college students. Educational Theory and Implement, 2003;13(2):129-154.
- Long HB. Self-Directed Learning : Challenges and Opportunities, 1995.
- Ann MA. The study of preparing self-directed learning of adult learners. Unpublished master's thesis, Aju University, 2008.
- Han SJ. A study on relationship between empowerment and satisfaction of clinical practice in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2000;6(1):132-146.
- Spear GE, Mocker DW. The organizing circumstance : Environment determinate in self-directed learning. Adult education quarterly, 1984;35:1-10. https://doi.org/10.1177/0001848184035001001
- Seo WH. Nursing college student' nursing professional self-concept and their satisfaction with clinical nursing practicum. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2007.
- Lee JD. The study of preceptor-guided nursing students' critical thinking propensity, clinical competency and satisfaction for clinical practice. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, 2006.
- Yang JJ. The influencing factors on clinical competence of nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2009;15(2):159-165. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.159
- Kim YH. Relationship of self-efficacy, self-directedness and practice satisfaction to clinical practice education in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental of Nursing, 2009;16(3):307-315.
- Jung JS. Relationship of self-directedness and practice satisfaction to clinical practice in nursing students: the mediating effect of clinical competence. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental of Nursing, 2012; 18(1):53-61.
- Cho IY. The relationship of self-directedness, clinical practice experiences and clinical practice satisfaction. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 2014;15(6):3635-3647. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3635
- Bae KS, Song AR, Kim YH, et al. Relationship among satisfaction level with PBL-based clinical practice education, autonomy and achievement motivation : the Maternal-child clinical practice. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 2007;13(2):92-106.
- Park HS, Han JY. Self-leardership, critical thinking disposition, satisfaction of clinical practice and clinical practice competency of nursing students. Journal of the Korean Date & Information Science Society, 2015;26(3): 695-706. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.3.695