- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fragmentation Analysis of Daejeon City's Green Biotope Using Landscape Index and Visualization Method
경관의 지수화 및 시각화 기법을 활용한 대전광역시 녹지비오톱 파편화 분석
- Received : 2016.02.05
- Accepted : 2016.06.09
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study is to quantitatively and visually analyze the degree of green biotope fragmentation caused by road construction and other development work using FRAGSTATS and GUIDOS tool. Moreover, linking of the endangered species research, we mapped "Biotope Fragmentation Map" of Daejeon-city. The findings of the study are summarized as follows: First, as the result of FRAGSTATS, landscape indices : number of patch(NP), mean patch size (MPS), edge length(TE), mean nearest neighbor distance(MNN), edge shape(LSI) showed meaningful change from fragmentation. Moreover, the result of GUIDOS analysis, middle core-small core-bridge-branch-edge-islet-perforation showed increase of area percentage without large core. Lastly, analysis result of 'Biotope Fragmentation Map' revealed that changing site of large core's size appeared eighteen-site and designated as the special protection area appeared forty-one site. As the result of the two data, overlapping areas that showed both change of core size and revealed special protection areas revealed four site. For example, five species of endangered species appeared on the NO. 4 site in 'Biotope Fragmentation Map'. The findings of this study as summarized above are considered to play an important role in basic data preventing green biotope fragmentation at the planned level from various development work.
- Choi TY.Kwon HS.Woo DG and Park JH. 2012. Habitat Selection and Management of the Leopard Cat(Prionailurus bengalensis) in a Rural Area of Korea. Korean Journal of Environmental and Ecology 26(3): 322-332.
- Forman, R. T. T. 1995. Land mosaics: the ecology of landscape and regions. Cambridge University Press.
- Gillees, C. S. and C. C. St. Clair. 2008. Riparian corridors enhance movement of a forest specialist bird in fragmented tropical forest. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 105(50): 19774-19779. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0803530105
- Heo SG.Kim KS.Ahn JH.Yoon JS.Lim KJ.Choi JD.Shin YC and Lyou CW. 2007. Landscape Analysis of the Forest Fragmentation at Doam-Dam Watershed using the FRAGSTATS Model. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information 10(1): 10-21.
- Jung JC. 1999. The Analysis Method of Landscape Fragmentation using Normalized Difference Vegetation Index. Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information 2(3): 16-22.
- Jung SK.Park KH and Oh JH. 2002. Effect of Linear Development Projects on Forest Fragmentation in the Nakdong River Watershed. Environmental Impact Assessment 11(3) 117-127.
- Kang WM.Ko IS.Park CH and Lee DW. 2012. An Analysis of Changes in Forest Fragmentation and Morphology in Surrounding Landscapes of Maeulsoops and Jinan-gun. Korean Journal of Environmental and Ecology 26(6): 941-951.
- Kim EY.Song WK and Lee DG. 2012. Forest Fragmentation and its impacts: A review. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology 15(2): 149-159. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2012.15.2.149
- Laurance, W. F. 1997. Hyper-disturbed parks: Edge effects and the ecology of isolated rainforest reserves in tropical Australia. In W. F. Laurance, R. O. Bierregaard(ed). Tropical forest remnants: Ecology, management, and conservation of fragmented communities. Chicago, University of Chicago Press, pp: 71-83.
- MacArthur, R. H. and E. O. Wilson. 2007. The Theory of Island Biogeography. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- McGarigal K..S. A. Cushman and E. Ene. 2002. FRAGSTATS v4: Spatial pattern analysis program for categorical maps. http://www.umass.edu.
- Ministry of environment. 2011. Current Status of Installing and Operating Eco-corridor, 3-4.
- Murica, C. 1995. Edge effects in fragmentation forests: Implications for conservation. Trends. Ecol. Evol. 10: 58-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-5347(00)88977-6
- Paek KJ.Park K and Kang HS. 2005. Forest Fragmentation Due to Roads in Chirisan National Park. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology 8(1): 63-72.
- Park CR and Lee D. 2010. Comparison of wildlife between connected(Sugumagi) and isolated maelsoops(Meoi). Presented at the third international conference on forest-related traditional knowledge and culture in Asia, Kanasawa, Japan, December 14-15. pp. 23-28.
- Park JJ.Woo DG.Oh DH and Park JH. 2012. Site Selection of Wildlife Passage for Leopard Cat in Urban Area. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 40(1): 92-99. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2012.40.1.092
- Seok SM and Lee JY. 2015. A Study on the Correlation between Road-kill Hotspot and Habitat Patches. Environmental Impact Assessment 24(3): 233-243. https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2015.24.3.233
- Shiliang L.Yuhong D.Li D.Qi L.Haidi Z and Shikui D. 2014. Forest fragmentation and landscape connectivity change associated with road network extension and city expansion: A case study in the Lancang River Valley. Journal of Ecological Indicators 36: 160-168. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2013.07.018
- Spellerberg, I. F. 2002. Ecological Effects of Roads, Plymouth: Science Pub. Inc.
- Tscharntke, T..A. M. Klein.A. Kruess.I. Steffan-Dewenter and C. Thies. 2005. Landscape perspectives on agricultural intensification and biodiversity-ecosystem management. Ecol. Lett. 8: 857-874. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2005.00782.x
- Tuner, I. M. 1996. Species loss in fragments of tropical rain forest: a review of the evidence. Journal of Applied Ecology 33: 200-209. https://doi.org/10.2307/2404743
- Turner II, B.L., E.F. Lambin and A. Reenburg. 2007. The emergence of land change science for global environmental change and sustainability. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104: 20,666-20,671. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0704119104
- Vogt P..Ritters, K. H..Estreguil C.Kozak J.Wade T. G and Wickham J. D. 2007. Mapping spatial patterns with morphological image processing. Landscape ecology 22: 171-177. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10980-006-9013-2