- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Development of Evaluation System for the Sustainable Conservation of Old Tree in Agricultural Landscape
농촌지역 노거수의 지속가능한 보전을 위한 평가체계 개발 연구
- Received : 2016.03.29
- Accepted : 2016.06.06
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study was conducted to develope an evaluation system for sustainable conservation of old trees with historic and traditional values in rural areas. Existing evaluation system was modified through field application of 10 old trees and expert research twice for development of new evaluation system. 4 evaluation items in 10 evaluation items were deleted by first expert research. Some items are proposed to offer a figure explanation by second expert research. End-developed evaluation items are consisted of 6 items ((1) Ground State, (2) Blight, Harmful Insects, (3) Tree Form, (4) Canopy Vitality, (5) Bark, (6) Damage) reflecting the order of importance evaluation. Old trees evaluation system developed in this study is expected to be utilized continuously to conserve the old trees in the rural areas and gradually help to increases the historic and traditional values.
Rural tourism;Traditional knowledge;Ecosystem service;Protected tree;Health assessment
- Cho SJ.Lee SM.Kim HM.Kang B.Kim SB.Choi JW.Kim HH.Park CS.Yoon HJ.Heo J.Yoon WG.Lee BK.Cho YK.Lee JJ.Jeon YO and Park H. 2004. Finding of Rural Amenity Resources(RAR) and Development of Site-Applied RAR Planning Techniques With Community Participation Model. Rural Development Administration, 59-64.
- Cultural Heritage Administration. 2002. A Study on the Growth Condition of Natural Monuments Old Trees: Seoul, Incheon, Gyeonggi, Chungbuk, Jeonbuk, Jeonnam.
- Forestry Commission. 2003. Forests & water guidelines 4th edn, Forestry Commission, Edinburgh.
- Jang EJ and Kim JW. 2007. The Ecology and Culture of Old Tree. World Science..
- Jang MJ. 2003. Research on the growth enviornment and protection of the old and large trees: with special reference to Dangjin county. Kongju University Graduate School, Master's Thesis.
- Jeju-si. 2011. Jeju Olle Eco-Management and Administrative Guidelines.
- Kang B.Cho SJ.Son JK.Kim MH and Ahn OS. 2011. A Study on the Management Plan by Actual Condition Survey of Protected Tree in Yesan-gun. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 17(3): 67-80.
- Kang B.Cho SJ.Son JK.Kim NC and Kim MH. 2011. The Health Analysis of Protected Tree 'Zelkova serrata' Using an Ultrasonic Tomograph. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology, 17(2): 73-83.
- Kang HK and Lee SJ. 2004. Management Guidelines of Natural Monuments Old Trees through an Ananlysis of Growing Environments II: A Focus on Seoul, Incheon and Gyeonggi provinces. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology, 7(2): 36-45.
- Kim DS and Choi HS. 2007. Development of Green-Tourism Potential Evaluation Method for Rural Villages Considering Amenity and Human Resources. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 13(2): 7-16.
- Kim EJ.Lee YK.Kim SB.Lim CS.Park MJ.Choi JA and Lee JW. 2013. A study on the Development course of guideline for fostering the Rural village roads. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 19(1): 189-207. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2013.19.1.189
- Kim HM. 2006. An Analysis of the Resources Utilization in Rural Tourism Villages. Proceeding of Korean Society of Environment and Ecology Conference, 2: 207-210.
- Kim JI. 2005. Research on the Growth Status and Protection Strategies of the Law-Protected Trees in Haenam Kun. Kangwon University Graduate School, Master's Thesis.
- Kim KH. 2011. Analysis of current status and utilization of protected trees in Gyeongsan city. Journal of Agriculture & Life Sciences, 45(2): 69-83.
- Kim SH and Kim SH. 1996. A study on old trees as they relate to the organization of space in Pusan: Attaching importance to the growth environment and arrangement form in space. Journal of Korean institute of landscape, 24(2): 86-98.
- Kim YS and Lim WH. 1996. A Study on the Remnant Forms and Effects of Big Trees in an Urban Area. Journal of Korean institute of landscape, 24(3): 14-28.
- Lee DK.Ok JH.Hong CS.Yoon SW.Park CS and Yoon HS. 2005. A Study on Assessment and Classification about Rural Landscape Resources: Centered on Comprehensive Development Project of Rural Village. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 11(2), 21-34.
- Lee JH and Lee HY. 2012. A Study on the Development of the Indicator Sets for Evaluating the Sustainable Eco-tourism and It's Application. Journal of the Korean Geographical Society, 47(6), 853-869.
- Lim HS and Shim WK. 2005. Cultural Landscape Values and Landscape Use of the Old and Large Trees in Korea. Journal of the Korean institute of traditional landscape architecture, 23(1), 94-101.
- Park CS. 2002. An Analysis of their Importance Degree and Ordinal Correlation of Rural Resources for the Rural Amenity. Journal of Korea Planners Association, 37(6): 21-35.
- Rhee SY.Kim MH.Kang B and Son JK. 2014. The Development of Evaluation Indicator for Eco-experience in Rural Village. Journal of Agricultural Extension & Community Development, 21(4): 1125-1147. https://doi.org/10.12653/jecd.2014.21.4.1125
- Shim GJ.Kang SY.Kim SB and Kim YS. 1999. A Study on the Transitions of ROGEOSU and Its Conservation Ideas: The Case of Hsb-Cheon Gun, Kyung-Nam Province. Journal of Nakdonggang Environment Reseaech Institute, 4(1): 79-95.
- Shim WK. 1991. Symbolic Values and Protection Strategies of the Law-Protected Trees in Korea. Journal of the Korean institute of traditional landscape architecture, 9(1): 91-104.
- Son JK.Shin JH.Ahn PG and Kang B. 2011. The study on the Image Evaluation of a Preserved Tree as Growth Environment: Focused on the Zelkova serrata in Yesangun. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning, 17(2): 33-42. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2011.17.2.033
Supported by : 국립농업과학원