- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Dose Distribution between the Techniques of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
비소세포폐암의 방사선 치료기법간의 선량분포의 비교
Lee, Seung-chul;Kim, Young-jae;Jang, Seongjoo
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.06.30
- Published : 2016.06.30
Comparison of the dose aspect that radiation therapy treatments using IMRT, tomotherapy, mArc (modulated arc therapy). The experimental subject is non-small cell lung cancer patient. The prescription dose is 58.0 Gy to the volume of PTV(planning target volume). and spinal cord, esophagus, and liver organ is the normal organ(OAR, organ at risk). Average PTV value is 57.60 Gy in mArc and 61.04 Gy in tomotherapy and 58.95 Gy in IMRT. The average dose of the Esophagus is 2.84 Gy in m-Arc, 5.14 Gy in tomotherapy, 1.84 Gy in IMRT. The average dose of the Liver is 19.44 Gy in m-Arc, 12.22 Gy in tomotherapy, 21.97 Gy in IMRT. The average dose of the Spinal cord is 5.72 Gy in m-Arc, 7.08 Gy in tomotherapy, 6.15 Gy in IMRT. Results of this study is no significant difference between mArc and tomotherapy and Linac based IMRT in dose study and also, mArc's dose coverage and dose volume histogram is better than IMRT and tomotherapy. but, This study is limited to a disease of cancer. in addition, fewer number of groups. The wide range the more research can be developed patient-specific treatment techniques and be applied to the patients
Non small cell lung cancer;Radiation Therapy;IMRT
- ICRU, International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Report 62: Prescribing, Recording and Reporting Photon Beam Therapy (Supplement to ICRU Report 50), 1999.
- Bae JM, Won YJ, Jung KW, Suh KA, Ahn DH, Park JG : Annaual report of the central cancer registry in Korea-1999 : Based on registered data from 128 hospitals. Cancer Res Treat Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 367-72, 2001. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2001.33.5.367
- Mackie TR, "History of Tomotherapy" Phys Med Biol, Vol. 51, pp. 427-453, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/51/13/R24
- Kron T et al, Planning evaluation of radiotherapy for complex lung cancer cases using helical tomotherapy. Phys Med Biol, Vol. 49, pp. 3675-3690, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/49/16/014
- Hae-Jin Park, Mi-Hwa Kim, Mison Chun, Yeong-Teak Oh, Tae-Suk Suh, "Effects of Arc Number or Rotation Range upon Dose Distribution at RapidArc Planning for Liver Cancer", Korean society of Medical physics, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 165-173, 2010.
- Bae JM, Won YJ, Jung KW, Suh KA, Ahn DH, Park JG, "Annaual report of the central cancer registry in Korea-1999 : Based on registered data from 128 hospitals", Cancer Res Treat, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 367-72, 2001. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2001.33.5.367
- HY Kim, MP Jung, DS Heo, "Lung Cancer on Korean(1980-1984)", Kor J of Medicine, Vol. 46, pp. 221-8, 1994.
- Perez CA, Stanley K, Rubin P, et al, "A prospective randomized study of various irradiation doses and fractionation schedules in the treatment of inoperable non-oat cell carcinoma of the lung. Preliminary report by the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group", Journals of Cancer, Vol. 45, pp. 2744-53, 1980.
- Perez CA, bauer M, Edelstein S, et al, "Impact of tumor control on survival in carcinoma of the lung treated with irradiation", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol. 12, pp. 539-47, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(86)90061-1
- Perez CA, Pajak TF, Rubin P, et al, "Long-term observations of the patterns of failure in patients with unresectable nonoat cell carcinoma of the lung treated with definitive radiotheapy", Journals of Cancer, Vol. 59, pp. 1874-81, 1987.
- Emami B, Purdy J, Harms W, et al, "Three dimensional treatment planning for lung cancer", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol. 21, pp. 217-27, 1991.
- Graham MV, Matthews JW, Harms WB, et al, "3-D radiation treatment planning study for patients with carcinoma of the lung" Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol. 29, pp. 1105-17, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(94)90407-3
- MJ Lee, HJ Jung, Radiotherapy for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, Journal of Radiation Oncology, Vol. 21 No. 4, pp. 269-275, 2003.
- Tomas Kron, Grigor Grigorov, Edward Yu et al"Planning evaluation of radiotherapy for complex lung cancer cases using helical tomotherapy". Phys Med Biol, Vol. 49, pp. 3675-3690, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/49/16/014
- L Z. Nisce, M., W. Geller, M.D. et al. Experience with a new technique for "total node" irradiation Hodgkin's disease. British Journal of Radiology, Vol. 47, pp. 108-111, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-47-554-108
- Youngjae Kim, Gwanguk Seol, The Study of Dose Distribution according to the Using Linac and Tomotherapy on Total Lymphnode Irradiation, JKSR, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 285-291, 2013.