- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study on Signal to Noise Ratio of Single-Shot Turbo Spin Echo to Reduce Image Distortion in Brain Stem Diffusion MRI
뇌줄기 확산강조 자기공명영상검사 시 뒤틀림을 줄이기 위한 SS-TSE 기법의 신호대잡음비 연구
Koo, Nohyun;Lee, Hobeom;Choi, Kwanwoo;Son, Soonyong;Yoo, Beonggyu
- Received : 2016.05.18
- Accepted : 2016.06.30
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the problems of low signal-to-noise ratio(SNR) of single-shot turbo spin echo(SS-TSE) by quantifying numerically decreased signal to noise ratio. Thirty five patients without brain disease underwent diffusion MRI in 3T scanner from July to October in 2015. Single shot echo planar imaging(SS-EPI) which is conventionally used in MRI was taken to compared SS-TSE in SNR of medulla oblongata. As a result, SNR of SS-TSE diffusion(b0=
Diffusion weighted image;Single-shot turbo spin echo(SS-TSE);Single-shot echo planar imaging(SS-EPI);Signal to noise ratio;Brain stem
- C. Z. Simonsen, M. H. Madsen, M. L. Schmitz, I. K. Mikkelsen, M. Fisher, G. Andersen, "Sensitivity of diffusion- and perfusion-weighted imaging for diagnosing acute ischemic stroke is 97.5%", Stroke, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 98-101, 2015.
- J. H. Lee, Y. S. Yu, J. S. Lee, I. C. Im, Application of the Orally Inserted Guiding Device for the Improved Motion Artifacts of the Cervical Spine MRI", Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 6, 2014.
- Y. L. Thian, W. Xie, D. A. Porter, A. B. Weileng, "Readout-segmented echo-planar imaging for diffusion-weighted imaging in the pelvis at 3T-A feasibility study", Academic Radiology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 531-537, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2014.01.005
- S. J. Holdsworth, M. U. Antonucci, J. B. Andre, J. Rosenberg, M. Aksoy, M. Straka, N. J. Fischbein, R. Bammer, M. E. Moseley, G. Zaharchuk, S. Skare, "Diffusion-weighted imaging with dual-echo echo-planar imaging for better sensitivity to acute stroke", American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 1293-1302, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3921
- K. W. Yeom, S. J. Holdsworth, A. T. Van, R. M. Lober, R. Bamme, "Comparison of readout-segmented echo-planar imaging (EPI) and single-shot EPI in clinical application of diffusion-weighted imaging of the pediatric brain" American Journal of Roentgenology, Vol. 200, No. 5, pp. 437-443, 2013. https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.12.8792
- K. P. Pruessmann, M. Weiger, M. B. Scheidegger, P. Boesiger, "SENSE: sensitivity encoding for fast MRI", Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 952-962, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1522-2594(199911)42:5<952::AID-MRM16>3.0.CO;2-S
- H. Tokoro, Y. Fujinaga, A. Ohya, K. Ueda, A. Shiobara, Y. Kitou, H. Ueda, M. Kadoya, "Usefulness of free-breathing readout-segmented echo-planar imaging (RESOLVE) for detection of malignant liver tumors: comparison with single-shot echo-planar imaging (SS-EPI)", European Journal of Radiology, Vol. 83, No. 10, pp. 1728-1733, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2014.06.013
- B. D. Foer, J. P. Vercruysse, B. Pilet, J. Michiels, R. Vertriest, M. Pouillon, T. Somers, J. W. Casselman, E. Offeciers, "Single-shot, turbo spin-echo, diffusion- weighted imaging versus spin-echo-planar, diffusion- weighted imaging in the detection of acquired middle ear cholesteatoma", American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 1480-1482, 2006.
- R. Bammer, "Basic principles of diffusion-weighted imaging", European Journal of Radiology, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 169-184, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0720-048X(02)00303-0
- K. O. Lovblad, P. M. Jakob, Q. Chen, A. E. Baird, G. Schlaug, S. Warach, R. R. Edelman, "Turbo spin-echo diffusion-weighted MR of ischemic stroke", American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 201-208, 1998.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Available from: http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/Publications/PDF/Pub1642web-16821314.pdf, accessed Feb, 10, 2016.
- A. J. McCann, A. Workman, C. McGrath, "A quick and robust method for measurement of signal-to-noise ratio in MRI", Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 58, No. 7, pp. 3775-3790, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/58/11/3775
- P. D. Graaf, P. J. Pouwels, F. Rodjan, A. C. Moll, S. M. Imhof, D. L. Knol, E. Sanchez, J. A. Castelijns, "Single-shot turbo spin-echo diffusion- weighted imaging for retinoblastoma: initial experience", American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 110-118, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A2729
- M. H. Verhappen, P. J. Pouwels, R. L. jumanovic, D. L. Knol, R. De Bree, J. A. Castelijns, "Diffusion-weighted MR imaging in head and neck cancer: comparison between half-fourier acquired single-shot turbo spin-echo and EPI techniques", American Journal of Neuroradiology, Vol. 33 No. 7, pp. 1239-1246, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A2949
Supported by : 원광보건대학교