- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Quantitative Image Quality using Frequency and Parameters in the Ultrasound Image
초음파영상에서 주파수와 파라미터를 이용한 정량적 영상평가
Kim, Changsoo;Kang, Se Sik;Kim, Junghoon
- Received : 2016.04.27
- Accepted : 2016.06.30
- Published : 2016.06.30
Ultrasound devices diagnose many disease, which is widely used, can not be standardized quantitative evaluated in order to evaluate sonography image of quality. Therefore, in this papers, aims to get correct image in order to accurate diagnosis by figuring out the appropriate parameter based on each target by measuring distortion which results in the analyzation of the sensitivity of SNR and the histogram of signal by manipulating parameter of 8 mm target in ATS-539 multipurpose phantom. Equipment using Acuson sequoia 512, convex probe and utilizes multi-objective phantom. experiment method is that first you put the phantom on the flat and acquire 85 sheets of image, changing frequency(2,3,4 MHz, harmonic 3, 4, 4.5 MHz), Focus(2, 4, 6 unit), and Dynamic Range(58, 68, 78, 88, 98) for a 8 mm structure. through the Image J program. The sensitivity angle of 8mm target through Image J program is gauged by each separate target SNR and the distorted angle subtract and measure Histogram of background from Histogram of signal and take top 40% from the given result value above. According to parameter variation we found out proper parameter by acquiring SNR of sensitivity and distortion data for aspect of transition. The more this findings have Focus, the lower distortion value and at 4 MHz frequency this result have high SNR and low distortion value. Dynamic Range got an appropriate image on 88 and 98. It is considered on the basis of the experimental data, the probability of disease diagnosis will get higher.
Sensitivity;SNR;Distortion;Frequency;Evaluation of ultrasound image
- B. S. Lee, "Evaluation of Depth Penetration by Changing Image Parameters using Phantom on Ultrasound," The graduate school of Changnam National University, pp. 1-38, 2006.
- M. J, Kim, "Quantitative Evaluation of Ultrasonographic Image Using ATS-539 Multipurpose Phantom," The graduate school of Catholic University of Pusan, pp. 1-51, 2004.
- P. N. Kim, J. W. Lim, H. C. Kim, Y. C. Yoon, D. J. Sung, M. H. Moon, J. S. Kim, J. C. Kim, "Quality Assessment of Ultrasonographic Equipment Using an ATS-539 Multipurpose Phantom," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 533-541, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2008.58.5.533
- N. M. Gibson, N. J. Dudley, K. A. Griffith, "A computerised quality control testing system for B-mode ultrasound," Ultrasound in medicine and biology, Vol. 27, No. 12, pp. 1697-1711, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-5629(01)00479-3
- H. J. Kim, S. H. Gwak, "A Parametric Image Enhancement Technique for Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasonography," Korea Information Processing Society, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 231-236, 2014.
- H. J. Chang, R. T. George, K. H. Schuleri, K. Evers, K. Kitagawa, J. A. Lima, A. C. Lardo, "Prospective electrocardiogram-gated delayed enhanced multidetector computered tomography accurately quantifies infarct size and reduces radiation exposure," JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 412-420, 2009.
- J. I. Choi, P. N. Kim, H. C. Kim, D. M. Yang, S. H. Cha, J. J. Chung, "Establishing cutoff values for a quality assurance test using an ultrasound phantom in screening ultrasound examinations for hepatocellular carcinoma: an initial report of a nationwide survey in Korea," Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, Vol. 30, No. 9, pp. 1221-1299, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7863/jum.2011.30.9.1221
- J. Y. Yu, "Performance of Ultrasonographic Equipment in General Hospitals: Quality Assessment using an ATS-539 Multipurpose Phantom," The graduate shool of Public Health Chonbuk National University, pp. 2-10, 2012.
- Y. S. Lee, "A study on the Parameter's Changes which are able to increase the Image Resolution in Ultrasound Medical Imaging," The graduate school of Bio-Medical Science Korea University, pp. 10-26, 2010.
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교