- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Radiation Dose Calculation using MIRD TYPE PHANTOM in the Surrounding Organs during Brachytherapy of Breast Cancer
유방암의 근접치료 시 수학적 모의피폭체를 이용한 인접장기의 선량평가
- Received : 2016.05.26
- Accepted : 2016.06.30
- Published : 2016.06.30
This study was fulfilled to evaluate the absorbed dose of breast and adjacent organs using MIRD type phantom in brachytherapy of breast cancer. The absorbed dose was analyzed assuming left or right breast is source organ which is
Breast cancer;Brachytherapy;MIRD type phantom;Absorbed dose
- World Cancer Report 2014, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, 2014.
- GLOBOCAN 2012, "Estimated cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide in 2012," Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer, Accessed September 1st, 2014.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, "Annual report of cancer statistics in Korea in 2013," Korea, 2015.
- Korean Breast Cancer Society, "Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2015," Korean Breast Cancer Society, 2015.
- S. S. Kang, I. H. Go, G. J. Kim, S. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, "Radiation Therapeutics, third edition," Chung-ku munhwasa, Korea, 2014.
- F. M. KHAN, "The Physics of Radiation Therapy 4/E," Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Radionuclide Transformations Energy and Intensity of Emissions," Pergamon Press, Oxford, England, 1984.
- XU XG, "An exponential growth of computational phantom research in radiation protection, imaging, and radiotherapy: a review of the fifty-year history," Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 59, No. 18, pp. R233-R302, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/59/18/R233
- J. S. LEE, "Dose Evaluation Using Mathematical Simulation of Radiation Exposure Body in Mammography System," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 155-161, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.4.155
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Basic Anatomical and Physiological Data for Use in Radiological Protection Reference Values," A report of ICRP Publication 89, Ann. ICRP 32 (3-4), 2002.
- International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (1992c), "Photon, Electron, Proton and Neutron Interaction Data for Body Tissues," ICRU Report 46 (Bethesda, MD: ICRU), 1992.
- D. Y. LEE, S. J. Ko, S. S. Kang, C. S. Kim, D. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Dose Evaluation of Childhood Leukemia in Total Body Irradiation," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 259-264, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2013.7.4.259
- LANL, User's manual version 2.5.0, Los Alamos National Laboratory, LA-CP-05-0369, 2005.
- E. F. Richard, J. K. Shultis, "Radiological Assessment sources and Doses. 2nd ed," Americal Nuclear Society, USA, 1999.
- P. B. Zanzonico, "Internal Radionuclide Radiation Dosimetry: A Review of Basic Concepts and Recent Developments," Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 297-308, 2000.
- R. Loevinger, T. F. Budinger, E. E. Waston, "MIRD Primer for Absorbed Dose Calculations(revised)," The Society of Nuclear Medicine, New York, 1991.
- J. A. Hattanqadi, S. N. Powell, T. Mauceri, P. Freer, M. A. Gadd, A. G. Taqhian, "Accelerated partial breast irradiation with low-dose-rate interstitial implant brachytherapy after wide local excision: 12-year outcomes from a prospective trial," International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, Vol. 83, No. 3, pp. 791-800, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.09.003
- Xu XG, B. Bednarz, H. Paganetti, "A review of dosimetry studies on external-beam radiation treatment with respect to second cancer induction," Physics in medicine and biology, Vol. 53, pp. 193-241, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/53/13/R01
- T. J. Ban, S. D. Jeon, J. W. Kwak, G. M. Baek, "Evaluation of Scattered Dose to the Contralateral Breast by Separating Effect of Medial Tangential Field and Lateral Tangential Field: A Comparison of Common Primary Breast Irradiation Techniques," The journal of the korean radiotherapeutic technology, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 183-188, 2012.
- S. M. Park, G. S. Cheon, G. H. Heo, S. P. Shin, K. S. Kim, C. U. Kim, H. N. Kim, "The Study of Dose Varian and Change of Heart Volume Using 4D-CT in Left Breast Radiation Therapy," The journal of the korean radiotherapeutic technology, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 187-192, 2013.
- H. S. Lee, "A Study on Dose Analysis of Left Breast Cancer Radiation Therapy According to Using Cardiac Shielding Block," Department of Radiological Science, The Graduate School of Health Promotion, Hanseo University, Korea, 2014.