- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Leaching of Copper and Other Metal Impurities from a Si-Sludge Using Waste Copper Nitrate Solution
실리콘 슬러지로부터 폐질산구리용액을 이용한 구리 및 금속불순물의 침출
Jun, Minji;Srivastava, Rajiv Ranjan;Lee, Jae-chun;Jeong, Jinki
- Received : 2016.03.08
- Accepted : 2016.04.22
- Published : 2016.06.30
A fundamental study to recycle a Si-Sludge and waste copper nitrate solution acid solution generated by domestic electronic industries was carried out. The waste copper nitrate solution was used as the lixiviant to leach the metals like Cu, Ca, Fe, etc. from the sludge leaving Si in the residues. The effect of reaction temperature, time and pup density on the metals leaching from the sludge was investigated. To enhance the extractability of Fe, the effect of HCl,
Si-Sludge;Waste copper nitrate solution;Copper;Leaching;Recycling
- Yoko, A., and Oshima, Y., 2013: Recovery of silicon from silicon sludge using supercritical water, J. of Supercritical Fluids, 75, pp. 1-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2012.12.019
- Abe, T., 1994: Silicon Crystal Growth and Wafer Processing, Baifukan, Tokyo.
- Kim, G., and Khoe, K-I., 2012: A Study on Managerial Efficiency of Global IDM Semiconductior Suppliers: Based on Super Efficiency DEA by Scale Categorization, Korean Journal of Business Administration, 25(1), pp. 369-394.
- Santos, I. C. et al., 1990: Purification of Metallurgical Grade Silicon by Acid Leaching, Hydrometallurgy, 23, pp. 237-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-386X(90)90007-O
- Won, C. W., Nersisyan, H. H., and Won, H. I., 2011: Solargrade silicon powder prepared by combining combustion synthesis with hydrometallurgy, Solar energy materials & solar Cells, 95, pp. 745-750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solmat.2010.10.016
- Ma, X. et al., 2009: Hydrometallurgical purification of metallurgical grade silicon, Rare Metals, 28(3), pp. 221-225. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12598-009-0043-1
- Gribov, B. G., and Zinov'ev, K. V., 2003: Preparation of High-Purity Silicon for Solar Cells, Inorganic Materials, 39(7), pp. 653-662. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024553420534
- Park, J., Jang, H. D., and Lee, C. K., 2012: Recovery of Silicon from Silicon sludge by Electrolysis, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 21(5), pp. 31-37. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2012.21.5.31
- Kil, D.-S. et al., 2008: Analysis of Patents on the Recycling Technologies for the Waste Silicon Sludge, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 17(4), pp. 66-76.
- Nishijima, S. et al., 2003: Recycling of Abrasives From Wasted Slurry by Superconducting Magnetic Separation, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, 13(2), pp. 1596-1599. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.812800
- Neesse T., 2006: Review on SiC-Recycling in Wafer Sawing Operations, Interceram, 55(6), pp. 430-433
- Sohn, Y.-U. et al., 2003: Synthesis of SiC from the Wire Cutting Slurry of Silicon Wafer and Graphite Rod of Spent Zinc-Carbon Battery, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 12(3), pp. 25-30.
- Lee, H.-J. et al, 2005: Microstructures Of Continuously Porous SiC-Si3N4 Composites Fabricated Using Waste SiC Sludge, Korean J. of Materials Research, 15(3), pp. 177-182. https://doi.org/10.3740/MRSK.2005.15.3.177
- Jha, M. K. et al., 2010: Leaching Studies for the Recovery of Metals from the Waste Printed Circuit Bords (PCBs), Proc. of Intern. conf. on the Minerals, Metals & Materials society (TMS), Seattle, Washington USA, February 14-18, 2010.
- Ahn, J.-W., and Seo, J.-S., 2009: Nitric acid leaching of electronic scraps and the removal of free nitric acid from the leaching solution for the recovery of copper and tin, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 18(5), pp. 44-51.
- Le, L. H. et al., 2008: Leaching of copper and silver from ground mobile phone printed circuit boards using nitric acid, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 17(3), pp. 48-55.
- Ahn J.-W. et al., 2009: Removal of impurities from the rutenium containing scraps by nitric acid leaching, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 18(5), pp. 26-36.
- Lazarova, Z., and Lazarova, M., 2005: Solvent Extraction of Coper from Nitrate Media with Chelating LIX-Reagents: Comparative equilibrium Study, Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange, 23, pp. 695-711. https://doi.org/10.1080/07366290500230701
- Cooper, C. W., 1985: Advances and future prospects in copper electrowinning, J. of Applied Electrochemistry, 15, pp. 789-805. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00614357
- Ha, Y. et al., 2013: Recovery of Nitric acid and Copper from plating Waste of Automobile Wheel, J. of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation society, 14(11), pp. 6015-6022. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.6015
- Habashi, F., 1969: Principles of Extractive metallurgy, (2), Gordon and Breach, New York.
Mishra, D. et al., 2011: Leaching of roast-reduced manganese nodules in
$NH_3-(NH_4)_2CO_3$medium, Hydrometallurgy, 109(3-4), pp. 215-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2011.07.006
- Koyama, K., Tanaka, M., and Lee, J.-c., 2006: Copper leaching Behavior from Waste Printed Circuit board in ammoniacal Alkaline solution, Materials Transactions, 47(7), pp. 1788-1792. https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans.47.1788
- Jun, M. et al., 2016: Simple recycling of copper by the xynergistic exploitation of industrial wastes: a step towards sustainability, Green Chemistry, DOI: 10.1039/c6gc00332j. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6GC00332J
- Heslop R. B. et al., 1982: Inorganic Chemistry, pp. 478-481, Munundang.