- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Highly Efficient Mechanical Separation Process for the Recycling of Waste Jelly-Filled Communication Cables
고효율 기계적 박리기술을 이용한 폐 젤리충진 통신케이블 재활용 연구
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.05.26
- Published : 2016.06.30
Highly efficient and environmentally friendly mechanical process was developed for the higher recovery rate and productivity in the recycling of waste jelly-filled communication cables. Only the simplest mechanical method was designed and built for a continuous process, further proved experimentally along with the addition of several parts such as brush-type rollers and scrappers. In this process, the recovery rate and productivity were 98% and 55 Kg/hr respectively. This process is thought to be simple but highly advanced method for the commercialization of green process.
Jelly-filled communication cables;Recycling;high purity copper;Highly efficient mechanical process;productivity
- Seong-Kuk Han and Jae-Yong Ki, 2009: Low temperature pyrolysis for the recovery of value-added resources from waste wire (II), J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 20 (5), pp. 553-556.
- Jae-kwan Ku, Sang-su Kim, Yong-ho Lee, Byung-Geol Kim, Young-Ju Cho and Bong-Gyoo Cho, 2013: Trend on the Recycling Technologies for Spent Electric Wire by the Patent and Paper Analysis, J. Korean Inst. Resources Recycling, 22 (5), pp. 63-70. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2013.22.5.63
- Jung-Il Yang, Jung-Whan Oh, Woo-Zin Choi and Seon-Kook Hwang, 1994: Development of Recycling Technology for Used cables, J. Korean Inst. Resources Recycling, 3 (2), pp. 28-34.
- Y. Jung, T. H. Im, and J. O. Jung, 1995: Recovery of copper from waste wire using pyrolysis, J. Korean Solid Wastes Eng. Soc., 12, pp. 93-98.
- Y. H. Lee, T. D. Park, and B. K. Kim, 2010: Recycling device for jelly filling cable and recycling method for the same, KR Patent 10-0943060.
- M. C. P. B. de Araujo, A. P. Chaves, D. C. R. Espinosa and J. A. S. Tenorio, 2008: Electronic scraps - Recovering of valuable materials from parallel wire cables, Waste Manage., 28, pp. 2177-2182. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2007.09.019
- I. W. Sung and D. K. Min, 2003: A study on the recovery of copper from jelly cable, J. Korea Soc. Waste Manag., 20, pp. 260-265.
- D. K. Min and I. W. Sung, 2003: Evaluation of separation on the copper recovery from jelly filled type cable, Korean J. Sanitation, 18, pp. 20-26.
- Sungsu Cho, Sooyoung Lee, Minhye Seo and Sunghyun Uhm, 2014: A study on the scale-up of highly effective copper metal recovery from waste jelly-filled communication cables, Appl. Chem. Eng., 25 (2), pp. 157-160. https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2013.1120
- Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., 2004: Cascade extracting and solvent refreshing method for recycling jelly cables, US Patent 10767440.
- J. T. Kim, 2008: The cable insulation jelly of content washing and separation a way, KR Patent 10-0822639.
- Y. J. Park and Y. C. Jang, 2010: Apparatus and method for separating jelly from jelly filled cables for communication, KR Patent 10-0980077.
- Sungsu Cho, Sooyoung Lee, Myunghwan Hong, Minhye Seo, Dukhee Lee and Sunghyun Uhm, 2015: Upcycling of Waste Jelly-Filled Communication Cables, J. Korean Inst. Resources Recycling, 24, pp. 29-35. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2015.24.2.29
- M. Zackrisson and A. Boss, 2013: Recycling production cable waste - Environmental and economic implications, wastes: Solutions, Treatments and Opportunities - 2nd International Conference.
- Annika Boss, Jan-Ove Bostrom, Per-Hakan Nilsson, Andreas Farkas, Alf Eriksson, Erik Rasmussen, Elin Svenningsson, Mattias Dalesjo and Alf Johansson, 2011: New technology for recycling of plastics from cable waste, 8th International Conference on Insulated Power Cables.
- Sungsu Cho, Sooyoung Lee, Minhye Seo, Sunghyun Uhm and Myunghwan Hong, 2016: Method and apparatus for recycling a cable, KR Patent 10-1587507.
Supported by : 환경부