- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effective VTS Communications Analysis by the Method of VCDF in Busan Port
VCDF 방식을 통한 효율적인 VTS 통신 데이터 분석에 관한 연구 - 부산항을 대상으로 -
Kim, Bong-Hyun;Park, Young-Soo
- Received : 2016.05.09
- Accepted : 2016.06.27
- Published : 2016.06.30
The VTS concept was located as a principal methods of maritime safety administration in world's major harbors and expected to become the pivotal role for the future of the maritime and harbor society with e-Navigation epoch. If recent limelight concept of big-data has been included in aspect of information gathering and analysis with various studies, it's required advanced studies to improve the information analysis capability and application range of the data that can be mining by the VTS. In this study, contrast to other studies that aimed quantitative analysis as communication number, it can be mining the time information and each of the communication VTS for the target vessel, including qualitative analysis, such as the purpose or the type of communication. This comparison across multiple items of the collected information, and presenting the VTS data mining model (VCDF) that can be analyzed for the purpose of analyzing way, type and number of communication by ship's type, also number of violations through VTS communication. First, In Busan port case, it shows frequently information service and shows frequently communicating with particular types of vessels. Second, Passive VTS carried out notwithstanding many kinds of traffic violations due to communication congestion. This arranged information can be used as data for the analysis, as possible the level of traffic for VTSO situational awareness, which pointed to the 'workloads' in 'IALA Guideline' and could be used as a database for future research of e-Navigation.
VTS Communication;Information service;Navigation assistance;Traffic organization;VCDF (VTS Communication Data Frame) Model;Risk Factor
- Hong, S. I.(2012), A Study on Effective operational plan through the Analysis of Traffic volume in VTS area, The Joint Academic Journal of Navigation and Port Research 2012, p. 535.
- Korea Shipping Association(2015), Shipping Statistics Annual Report 2014, http://wwwhaewoon.or.kr.
- Park, S. Y.(2008), A Study on Evaluation of Harbor VTS Operators' Workload by the Analysis of Marine Traffic, Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 32, No. 8th, p. 570.
- Pusan Harbor VTS(2014), South Regional Headquarters Korea Coast Guard, MPSS, VTS Debriefing system Log File (Data server No. 1 Sector 2014.08.11.-14.).
- Yun, J. S.(2001), A Study on the Enhancement of Quality of Pusan Port Traffic Management Service, Korea Maritime Ocean University, Graduate school of Master's degree Dissertation, p. 115.
- A study on appearance frequencies and fishing ground exploration of low-run fishing obtained by analyzing AIS data of vessels in the sea around Jeju Island vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.157