- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Variability of CDOM Along the Salinity Gradients of the Seomjin River Estuary During Dry and Wet Seasons
우기와 건기 중 섬진강 하구역에서 염분경사에 따른 유색용존유기물의 변동성
Lee, Jae Hwan;Park, Mi Ok
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.06.27
- Published : 2016.06.30
The distribution patterns of Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) and the chemical characteristics of CDOM in the Seomjin river estuary were investigated in March, June and July 2012 in order to determine the spatial and temporal variability of CDOM along the salinity gradient considering the effects of mixing, nutrients and Chl a. The average CDOM values were
CDOM;FDOM;Salinity;Slope;Chlorophyll a;Seomjin river estuary
- Blough, N. V. and S. A. Green(1995), Spectroscopic characterization and remote sensing of non-living organic matter, In "The role of Non-living Organic Matter in the Earth's Carbon Cycle" (R. G. Zepp and C. Sonntag, Eds.), Wiley, Chichester, pp. 23-45.
- Blough, N. V., O. C. Zafiriou and J. Bonilla(1993), Optical absorption spectra of waters from the Orinoco River outflow: Terrestrial input of colored organic matter to the Caribbean, J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 98, C2, pp. 2271-2278. https://doi.org/10.1029/92JC02763
- Carder, K. L., R. G. Steward, G. R. Harvey and P. B. Ortner(1989), Marine humic and fulvic acids: Their effects on remote sensing of ocean chlorophyll. Limnol. Oceanogr., Vol. 3, pp. 68-81.
- Coble, P. G.(1996), Characterization of marine terrestrial DOM in seawater using excitation-emission matrix spectroscopy, Marine Chemistry, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 325-346. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4203(95)00062-3
- Granskog, M. A., A. K. Pavlov, S. Sagan, P. Kowalczuk, A. Raczkowska and C. A. Stedmon(2015), Effect of sea-ice melt on inherent optical properties and vertical distribution of solar radiant heating in Arctic surface waters, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, Vol. 120, pp. 7028-7039. https://doi.org/10.1002/2015JC011087
- Green, S. A. and N. V. Blough(1994), Optical absorption and fluorescence properties of chromophoric dissolved organic matter in natural waters, Limnology and Oceanography, Vol. 39, pp. 1903-1916. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.1918.104.22.1683
- Ha, S. Y., S. W. Kang, M. O. Park, Y. N. Kim, S. H. Kang and K. H. Shin(2010), Photoinduction of UV-absorbing Compounds and Photo-protective Pigment in Phaeocystis pouchetii and Porosira glacialis by UV Exposure, Ocean Polar Research, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 397-409. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2010.32.4.397
- Hansell, D. A. and C. A. Carlson(2002), Marine Dissolved Organic Matter, Elsevier Science, pp. 516-543.
- Hill, V. J.(2008), Impact of chromatographic dissolved organic material on surface ocean heating in the Chuck Sea, J. Geophys. Res. Oceans, Vol. 113, No. C07024.
- Hojerslev, N. K., N. Holt and T. Aarup(1996), Optical measurements in the North Sea-Baltic Sea transition zone. I. On the origin of the deep water in the Kattegat, Cont. Shelf. Res., Vol. 16, No. 10, pp. 1329-1342. https://doi.org/10.1016/0278-4343(95)00075-5
- Kowalczuk, P.(1999), Seasonal variability of yellow substance absorption in the surafce layer of the Baltic Sea, J. Geophys. Res. Ocean, Vol. 104, No. C12, pp. 169-217.
- Kwon, K. Y., C. H. Moon and H. S. Yang(2001), Behavior of Nutrients along the Salinity Gradients in the Seomjin River Estuary, J. Korean Fish. Soc, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 199-206.
- McKnight, D. M. and G. R. Aiken(1998), Sources and age of aquatic humus, In: Hessen, Tranvik (Eds.), Ecological Studies: Aquatic Humic Substances, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Vol. 133, pp. 9-39.
- McCallister, S. L., J. E. Bauer, H. W. Ducklow and E. A. Canuel(2006), Source of estuarine dissolved and particulate organic matter: A multi tracer approach, Org. Geochem, Vol. 37, pp. 454-468. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orggeochem.2005.12.005
- Moran, M. A., W. M. Sheldon and R. G. Zepp(2000), Carbon loss and optical property changes during long-term photochemical and biological degradation of estuarine dissolved organic matter, Limnol. Oceanogr, Vol. 45, pp. 1254-1264. https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.2000.45.6.1254
- Nelson, J. R. and S. Guarda(1995) Particulate and dissolved spectral absorption on the continental shelf of the southeastern United States, J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 100, pp. 8715-8732. https://doi.org/10.1029/95JC00222
- Nieke, B., R. Reuter, R. Heuermann, H. Wang, M. Babin and J. C. Therriault(1997), Light absorption and fluorescence properties of chromophoric dissolved organic matter (CDOM) in the St. Lawrence estuary (Case 2 waters), Continental Shelf Research, Vol. 17, pp. 235-252. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-4343(96)00034-9
- Pavlov, A. K., C. A. Stedmon, A. V. Semushin, T. Martma, B. V. Ivanov, P. Kowalczuk and M. A. Granskog(2016), Linkages between the circulation and distribution of dissolved organic matter in the White Sea, Arctic Ocean. Continental Shelf Research, Vol. 119, p. 13.
- Rochelle-Newall, E. J. and T. R. Fisher(2002), Production of chromophoric dissolved organic matter fluorescence in marine and estuarine environments: an investigation into the role of phytoplankton, Mar. Chem, Vol. 77, pp. 7-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-4203(01)00072-X
- Stedmon, C. A., R. M. W. Amon, A. J. Rinehart and S. A. Walker(2011), The supply and characteristics of colored dissolved organic matter (CDOM) in the Arctic Ocean: Pan Arctic trends and differences Marine Chemistry, Vol. 124, No. 1, pp. 108-118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marchem.2010.12.007