- Volume 17 Issue 2
An attitude estimation algorithm which integrates gyroscope and vision measurements using an adaptive complementary filter is proposed in this paper. In order to make the filter more tolerant to vision measurement fault and more robust to system dynamics, fuzzy interpolator is applied. For recognizing the dynamic condition of the system and vision measurement fault, the cut-off frequency of the complementary filter is determined adaptively by using the fuzzy logic with designed membership functions. The performance of the proposed algorithm is evaluated by experiments and it is confirmed that proposed algorithm works well in the static or dynamic condition.
Adaptive complementary filter;Fuzzy logic;Gyro/Vision integrated attitude estimation
- Bachmann, E. R., Duman, I., Usta, U. Y., Mcghee, R. B., Yun, X. P. and Zyda, M. J., "Orientation Tracking for Humans and Robots Using Inertial Sensors", Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, International symposium of the IEEE, 1999, pp. 187-194.
- Geiger, W., Bartholomeyczik, J., Breng, U., Gutmann, W., Hafen, M., Handrich, E. and Zimmermann, S., "Mems IMU for AHRS Applications", Position, Location and Navigation Symposium, International symposium of the IEEE/ION, 2008, pp. 225-231.
- Jung, D. and Tsiotras, P., "Inertial Attitude and Position Reference System Development for a Small UAV", AIAA Infotech at aerospace, 2007, pp. 7-10.
- Brown, R. and Hwang, P., Introduction to Random Signals and Applied Kalman Filtering, Willey & Sons, 1992.
- Kang, C. W., Yoo, Y. M. and Park, C. G., "Performance Improvement of Attitude Estimation Using Modified Euler Angle Based Kalman Filter", Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 14, Issue 9, 2008, pp. 881-885. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2008.14.9.881
- Foxlin, E., "Inertial Head-tracker Sensor Fusion by a Complementary Separate-bias Kalman Filter", Virtual Reality Annual International Symposium, Proceedings of the IEEE, 1996, pp. 185-194.
- Mahony, R., Hamel, T. and Pflimlin, J. M., "Nonlinear Complementary Filters on the Special Orthogonal Group", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 53, Issue 5, 2008, pp. 1203-1218. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2008.923738
- Shen, X., Yao, M., Jia, W. and Yuan, D., "Adaptive Complementary Filter Using Fuzzy Logic and Simultaneous Perturbation Stochastic Approximation Algorithm", Measurement, Vol. 45, Issue 5, 2012, pp. 1257-1265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2012.01.011
- Loebis, D., Sutton, R., Chudley, J. and Naeem, W., "Adaptive Tuning of a Kalman Filter via Fuzzy Logic for an Intelligent AUV Navigation System", Control engineering practice, Vol. 12, Issue 12, 2004, pp. 1531-1539. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2003.11.008
- Kang, C. W. and Park, C. G., "Attitude Estimation with Accelerometers and Gyros Using Fuzzy Tuned Kalman Filter", European Control Conference, Proceedings of the EUCA, 2009, pp. 23-26.
- Titterton, D. and Weston, J. L., Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology, IET, UK, 2004.
- Heo, S., Shin, O. and Park, C. G., "Estimating Motion Parameters of Head by Using Hybrid Extended Kalman Filter", ION GNSS 2009, Proceedings of ION, 2009, pp. 736-742.
- Takagi, T. and Sugeno, M., "Fuzzy Identification of Systems and its Applications to Modeling and Control", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. 15, Issue 1, 1985, pp. 116-132.
- Metni, N., Pflimlin, J. M., Hamel, T. and Soueres, P., "Attitude and Gyro Bias Estimation for a Flying UAV", Intelligent Robots and Systems, International Conference on IEEE/RSJ, 2005, pp. 1114-1120.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning