- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Developing Stereo-vision based Drone for 3D Model Reconstruction of Collapsed Structures in Disaster Sites
재난지역의 붕괴지형 3차원 형상 모델링을 위한 스테레오 비전 카메라 기반 드론 개발
Kim, Changyoon;Lee, Woosik
- Received : 2016.05.03
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
Understanding of current features of collapsed buildings, terrain, and other infrastructures is a critical issue for disaster site managers. On the other hand, a comprehensive site investigation of current location of survivors buried under the remains of a building is a difficult task for disaster managers due to the difficulties in acquiring the various information on the disaster sites. To overcome these circumstances, such as large disaster sites and limited capability of rescue workers, this study makes use of a drone (unmanned aerial vehicle) to effectively obtain current image data from large disaster areas. The framework of 3D model reconstruction of disaster sites using aerial imagery acquired by drones was also presented. The proposed methodology is expected to assist fire fighters and workers on disaster sites in making a rapid and accurate identification of the survivors under collapsed buildings.
3D Model;3D Reconstruction;Disaster;Drone;Topography;Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV)
- P. Liu, A. Y. Chen, Y.-N. Huang, J.-Y. Han, J.-S. Lai, S.-C. Kang, T.-H. Wu, M.-C. Wen, and M.-H. Tsai, "A Review of Rotorcraft Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Developments and Applications in Civil Engineering", Smart Structures and Systems. vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1065-1094, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12989/sss.2014.13.6.1065 https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2014.13.6.1065
- T. Yamamoto, K., Kusumoto, and Banjo, "Data Collection System for a Rapid Recovery Work: Using a Digital Photogrammetry and a Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV)." Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, pp. 875-882, 2014.
- N. Menti and T. Hamel, "A UAV for Bridge Inspection: Visual Servoing Control Law with Orientation Limits", Automation in Construction, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 3-10, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2006.12.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2006.12.010
- C. Zhang and A. Elaksher, "An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle-Based Imaging System for 3D Measurement of Unpaved Road Surface Distresses", Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 118-129, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8667.2011.00727.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8667.2011.00727.x
- S. Siebert and J. Teizer, "Mobile 3D mapping for surveying earthwork projects using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) system", Automation in Construction, vol. 41, pp. 1-14, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.01.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2014.01.004
- J. Irizarry, M. Gheisari, and B. N. Walker, "Usability Assessment of Drone Technology as Safety Inspection Tools", ITcon, vol. 17, pp. 194-212, 2012.
- C.Kim, H. Moon, and W. Lee, "Automated 3D Model Reconstruction of Disaster Site Using Aerial Imagery Acquired By Drones", The 6th International Conference on Construction Engineering and Project Management (ICCEPM2015), Busan, Korea, 2015.
- Institute of Information Science and Technologies - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/, 2015.11.15.
Supported by : 한국연구재단