- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Research on Meaning of Conflict Experience in Cooperative Learning Activity of Pre-service Early Childhood Teachers
예비유아교사의 협동학습에서의 갈등경험 의미 탐색
Ma, Ji-sun;An, Ra-ri
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the meaning of conflict experience in cooperative learning activities of pre-service early childhood teachers. The subjects were 85 pre-service early childhood teachers in W university. The data were collected through unstructured interviews and journal writings of the participants. The study results were as follow. First, pre-service early childhood teacher's conflict experiences in cooperative activity are team meeting, fair participation and evaluation, and conflict of the personal relations. Second, pre-service early childhood teacher's conflict resolution experiences in cooperative activity are autonomy of the team meeting time, reflective thinking, sentimental support, recognition of others, and solving problems by the time spending together. Third, the meanings of conflict experience in cooperative activity are formation of felt responsibility, self-growth through consideration of others, reciprocity, and recognition of the meaning of cooperation.
Cooperative Learning Activity;Conflict Experience
- Bogdan, C., & Biklrn, S. K, Qualitative research for education: MA: Allyn & Bacon. 2007.
- K. Ho, "A study of perception of official's outcome evaluation on justice factor," Korean Public Personnel Administration Review, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 309-330. 2012.
- S. T. Hong, S. K. Lee, "An analysis of korean college student' s verbal interactions during their cooperative reading activity," Journal of English Language and Literature, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 555-594. 2013.
- H. M. Kang, & K. J. Choi, "The Relationship Between Psychology Ownership and Role Differentiation among Sport Group Members," Korean journal of physical education, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 69-76. 1999.
- M. S. Lee, "Narrative inquiry on experiences and recognition about care-oriented morality of student teachers," Journal korean elementary moral education 38, pp. 155-176. 2012.
- Y. M. Choi, "Learners' evaluation on team learning activities in college education," The Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 143-163. 2010.
- Creswell, J. W, "Research design-Qualitative & Quantitative approaches," Thousand Oak, California: Sage Publications Ins. 1994.
- E. J. Kim, S. L. Do, "The relationship among college students' competence, relatedness, intrinsic motivation and engagement in cooperative learning", The korean journal of educational psychology, vol. 23, no.1, pp. 181-196. 2009.
- Johnson, D. W., & Johnson, F. P., "Joining together" Group theory and group skills(7 th ed.)," Boston: Allyn & Bacon. 2000.
- H. J. Kim, S. K. Kim, M. G. Kim, "The study on evaluation of team grouping method using cooperative education program," The journal of the Institute of Internet Broadcasting and Communication, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 125-130. 2010.
- E. Y. Choi. "Learners' experiences during cooperative learning, in college english reading classroom," English 21, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 133-180. 2007.
- H. S. Kang, M. C.l Kang, "A meta-analysis of the effects of cooperative learning," The journal of child education vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 69-82. 2006.
- Fantuzzo, J. W., Riggio, R. E., Connelly, S., & Dimoff, L. "A. Effects of reciprocal peer tutoring on academic achievement and psychological adjustment: A component analysis," Journal of Educational Psychology, 81, pp. 173-177, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.11 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0618.104.22.168
- J. S. Hee. "The Effects of the Discussion and Debate-Based Class in Jigsaw Cooperative Learning Settings on TOEIC Learners -Focused on Learning Attitudes and Motivations," The Journal of Yeolin Education, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 181-206. 2014.
- Cohen, E. G, "Restructuring the classroom conditions for productive small groups," Review of educational research, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 1-35. 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3102/00346543064001001 https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543064001001
- Johnson, D. W., & Johnson, R. T. "Positive interdependence: Key to effective cooperation," In R. Hettz-Lazaowitz & N. Miller(Eds., pp. Interaction in cooperative groups, New York: Cambridge University Press, pp. 174-197, 1992.
- J. Y. Choi, "Educational Implications of Cooperative Learning based on Brain-Science," Institute of Brain Education vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 129-146. 2006.
- Ames, C. "Achievement attributions and self-instructions under comparative and individualistic goal structures," Journal of Educational psychology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 478-487, 1984. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-0622.214.171.1248 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1998
- M. K. Lee, "The effects of TOEIC reading comprehension classes using STAD cooperative learning," Modern English Education, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 125-148. 2012.
- Brooks, C. M, & Ammons, J. L. "Free riding in group projects and the effects of timing, frequency, and specificity of criteria in peer assessments," Journal of Education for Business, 77, pp. 268-272, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08832320309598613
- T. H. Noh, K. H. Yeo, K. M. Jeon, Instructional effect of cooperative learning in problem solving strategy. Journal of the Korean association for science education, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 635-644, 1999.
- S. L. Do. E. J. Kim, "The actions and interactions between content and social aspect in small group cooperative learning situation," The korean journal of educational psychology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1047-1070, 2007.
Supported by : 원광보건대학교