- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Factors Affecting Housing Tenure of Single-Person Households of Young Generation Employing the Multinomial Logit Model
다항 로짓모형을 이용한 청년 1인가구의 주거 점유형태 영향요인 분석
- Received : 2016.03.15
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
The number of single households in Korea has been sharply increasing due to dissolution of the family community and changes in housing culture. Therefore, there is a need to develop a plan for diagnosis of changes in the housing market in response to a rapid increase of single household to suggest a proper direction of housing policy. This study was conducted to clarify the factors influencing housing occupancy type targeting a single adult household. To accomplish this, a cross-sectional analysis was conducted using the multi-nominal logit model and the Korea Welfare Panel's 9th survey materials. Occupants of ingle households in their 20s and 30s were found to be much poorer than those in their 40s, or older. Additionally, single household in their 20s and 30s, the characteristic of a household having an influence on the choice of housing occupancy type showed a result in a different direction even from the same household characteristic of those in their 40s, or older. Finally, the characteristics of occupants of single households in their 20s and 30s showed room for improvement through public support. Overall, the results of this study implied the need to inquire into the government's periodic support in more diverse ways.
Housing Tenure;Korea Welfare Panel Study;Multinomial Logit Model;Single-person Households;Young generation
- J.W.Lee,"A study on the improvement of Real estate Law's under changing Housimg Culture", KOREA LEGISLATION RESEARCH INSTITUTE", 2013.
- Yonhapnews,"One-Persondwelling 5million".2015.8.16.
- E.K.Son,"One-person Dwelling is the change in the housing market, according to a small sphere surge",KB Financial Group.pp.2-3.2011.5.
- Sisa Report,"Housing culture change, 7 of the apartment market trends change", 2015. 8. 15.
- Mankiw, N, D. Weil, "The Baby Boom, the Baby Bust and the Houseing Market", Regional Science and Urban Economics, Vol. 19, 1989.
- Campbell, J.Y, N.G. Mankiw, "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption", Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Vol.8, 1990.
- Jones, L. D., "Current Wealth constraints on the housing demand of young owners", The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol.72, 1990.
- J.W.Lee,"A study on the improvement of Real estate Law's under changing hoisimg culture", KOREA LEGISLATION RESEARCH INSTITUTE".pp.17-18, 2013.
- S.W.Lee,K.H.Soo,"A study on baby boomers and Their Housing Consumption Patterns in Korea", KRIHS, 2007.
- S.P.Hwang, W.S.Jung,"Relation between changes in the real estate market and consumption",BOK ISSUE.NOTE 2014 Vol.11, BOK, 2014.
- 2015 Basic Analysis Report South Korea Welfare Panel, KWP, 2015.
- Segye Daily Newspaper, "Take the family Alone, " 2015. 9. 1.
- Y.S.Lo,"Housing culture trends change and now concept Power House", Power House Vol.1, 2013.1.24.
- K-ngo-news,"One-Person Households the phrase surge, changes need to meet housing policy",2015.8.17.
- National unity Committee,"One-Person Households the phrase family values cause increased weakness",Press release, 2014.8.8.
- J.W.Kim, J.H.Cho, "A Study on charateristics of Housing Demand of Single-Person Households and Policy Proposals", KREUS Working Paper Series 2010-02, pp.1-23, 2010.
- G.Y.Ko,"One-Person Households the population growth, consumption terrain changes",LGERI REPORT, pp.1-16. 2014.
- C.S.Lee, Pre-social Work, HaeMin Books, 2013.
- C.G.Park, S.W.Lee, K. H. Sohn, "An Analysis of Housing Demand Functions considering Family Life Cycle", The Korea Spatial Planning Review, 60, pp.171-187, 2009 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15793/kspr.2009.60..010 https://doi.org/10.15793/kspr.2009.60..010
- Rhichardhycan et al., "Residential mobility Study for Portland, Oregon: Office of Planning and Development City of Portland", 1978
- Carber & McGoldrick, "The Changing Family Life Cycle & Framework for Family Therapym Gardner press, NewYork and London", 1988
- S.G.Ha, House Policy Theory, PakYoungSa Press, 2010.
- H.S.Chung, H.I.Kwon, "A Study of Family Life Cycle and Housing Consumption: Housing Studies, Vol 12. No.1, pp.5-25, 2004
- Ravenstein. F. C., "The Laws of Migration", Journal of the Statistical Social of London, Vol48. No.2, pp.67-235, 1885 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2979181 https://doi.org/10.2307/2979181
- S.H.Cho, E.J.Lee, A study on the Motives of Mobility and profile of Housing Environment Quality according to Household Characteristics, Korea Housing Association, Vol7. No.2, P.75, 1996.
- Korea Housing Association, Housing Welfare, GyomoonSa Press, 2007.
- J.H.Yoon, H.S.Kim, Evaluation and Improvement of Housing Welfare, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, 1997.
- S.C.Noh, H.Y.Lee, "An Analysis of the Changes in the Housing Instability by the Residential Mobility of Law-Income Households". Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, Vol12. No.4, pp.507-520, 2009. https://doi.org/10.23841/egsk.2009.12.4.507
- J.H.Cho, J.W.Kim, "A study on characteristics of Housing Demand of Single-person Households-focused on Seoul", Journal of the Korea Real Estate Analysis Association, Vol 16. No.4 pp.33-52, 2010.
- H.Y.Lee, S.C.RNo, E.Y.Choi, "Growth Pattern and Spatial Distribution of One-person Households by socio-Economic Demographic Characteristics", Journal of the Korean Geographical Society, Vol.46 No.4, The Korean Geographical Society, p.483-501, 2011.
- S.Y.Shin, "A study on the Spatial Distribution of One-person Households: The case of Seoul, Journal of Korea Planning Association", Vol.45. No.4, pp.81-85, 2010.
- M.W.Chung, N.Y.Lee, "Questioning the Meaning of Normative 'Home':Youth Experience Living in Gosiwon", Korean Social Association Renew, Vol 45. No.2, K.S.A., pp.130-175, 2011.
- J.W.Kim, E.C.Chung, "Estimation of Tenure choice and Housing Demand Decisions of small-sized Households in Korea", Housing studies, Vol 19, No.2, pp.123-150, 2011
- E.J.Park, "Co-housing experiment and the unstable labor market for Korea's the youth: Case study of guests'house, Binzib, in Haebanchon", Master's thesis, Yeonsei university, 2012.
- Y.M.Han, "An Analysis on the Newlyweds Housing choice Factors", Master's thesis, Dissertationm University of Seoul, 2010.
- M.Kang, J.W.Lee, "The Effects of Household Characteristics on Housing Choice: The case of ChungCheong Province Residents in Korea", Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association, Vol.24, No.5, pp.57-74, 2012.
- Wulff. M. "Growth and Change in one person households : Implications for the houseing market", Urban Policy and Research Vol 19. No.4, pp.467-489, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111140108727894 https://doi.org/10.1080/08111140108727894
- B.L.Park, T.H.Kim, M.J.Choi, "Housing Tenure of Single Person Households : Focusing on Age and income Factors", Jourral of The Korea Planning Association, Vol.48. No.1, pp149-163, 2013.
- H.J.Jung, D.H.Oh, "A study on the Factors Affecting Housing Tenure of Single or Two Person Households of Young Generation", Master's thesis University of Seoul, 2013.
- J.H.Lee, J.H.Lim, C.K.Lee, "A Study on the choice of Houseing Tenure and Housing Type accordling to Household characteristics", Journal of Korea Planners Association, Vol.44, No.3, pp.79-98, 2009.
- Y.M.Choi, J.Nam, "An analysis on the elements of housing choice by household attributes", Korea Planners Association, Vol.13, No.3, pp.195-210, 2008.
- J.A.Kim, M.H.Lim, E.C.Chung, "A Study on characteristics of housing demand of young households", Korean Association for Housing Policy Studies 2011 Fall Conference Dissertation Seoul, Sogang University, 2011.
- K.W.Yun, "The Index of South Korea to Entebbe Swabian Poverty", Asiatoday, 2013.7.21.
- Y.Choi, Y.K.Kang, "Analysis on the Preference against the Residential-building Forms in Multi-familiy Attached House Employing The Multinomial Logit Model", Journal of Architectual Institute of Korea, Vol 24. No.12. pp.57-65, 2008.