- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on the Flow Characteristics of Urea-SCR Swirl Injector according to the Needle Lift Profile
Urea-SCR용 스월 인젝터의 니들 리프트 형상에 따른 유동특성에 대한 연구
Gwak, Eun-Jo;Park, Sung-Young
- Received : 2016.03.28
- Accepted : 2016.06.02
- Published : 2016.06.30
In this study, a computational simulation of the internal flow characteristics was carried out for a Urea-SCR Injector. A single hole swirl injector with a swirl disk and slanted nozzle was used in this simulation. The maximum needle lift and opening velocity were selected as the design parameters. To analyze the unsteady internal flow characteristics of the Urea-SCR injector, the moving grid technique was applied to simulate the delicate needle movement. According to the simulation results, the injected mass flow rate from the Urea-SCR injector decreased with increasing needle opening velocity and maximum needle lift. This is because the Urea-solution tends to fill the empty space that the needle previously occupied. The swirl flow is decreased as the flow goes through the injector nozzle, because of the friction with the nozzle wall. Also, during the maximum needle lift period, the swirl coefficient and mean swirl coefficient increase with increasing needle lift. The results of this study may be used as the basic design data of related injectors.
Computational simulation;Injector;Internal flow;Moving grid;Urea-SCR
- R. Snow, G. Cavatatio, D. Dobson, C. Montreuil and R. Hammerle, "Calibration of a LNT-SCR Diesel Aftertreatment System," SAE 2007-01-124, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1244
- Y. Ham and Y. Park, "Development of Map based Open Loop Control Algorithm for Urea-SCR System," Transaction of KSAE, Vol.19, No.2, pp.95-105, 2011.
- S. J. Jeong, W. S. Kim, J. K. Park, H. K. Lee and S. D. Oh, "The Development and Implementation of Model-based Control Algorithm of Urea-SCR Dosing System for Improving De-NOx Performance and Reducing NH3-slip," Transaction of KSAE, Vol.20, No.1, pp.50-56, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7467/ksae.2012.20.1.095
- M. Colombo, I. Nova, E. Tronconi, V. Schmeisser, B. Banbl-Konrad and L. Zimmermann, "NO/NO2/N2O-NH3 SCR Reactions over a Commercial Fe-Zeolite Catalyst for Diesel Exhaust Aftertreatment : Intrinsic Kinetics and Monolith Converter Modelling," Applied Catalysis b: Environmental, pp.106-118, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2011.09.023 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2011.09.023
- M. Koebel, M. Elesner and M. Kleemann, "Urea-SCR: A Promising Technique to Reduce NOx Emissions from Automotive Diesel Engines," Applied Catalysis, pp.335-345, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/s0920-5861(00)00299-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/s0920-5861(00)00299-6
- J. Oh, W. Cha, K. Kim, J. Lee and K. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristics and Droplet Uniformity of Spray Injection to Exhaust Gas Flow from Urea Solution Injector," Transaction of KSAE, Vol.19, No.3, pp.83-89, 2011.
- J. W. Seo, K. I. Lee, J. T. Oh, Y. H. Choi and J. H. Lee, J. I. Park, "The Study on the Effects of Mixer Configurations on Fluid Mixing Characteristics in SCR System," Transaction of KSAE, Vol.16, No.6, pp.192-199, 2008.
- S. I. Lee, S. Y. Park, "Numerical analysis of internal flow characteristics of urea injectors for SCR dosing system", Fuel, Vol.129, pp.54-56, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2014.03.031 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2014.03.031
- CD-Adapco, "SATR-CCM+ ver. 8.06 User Guide", 2013.
Supported by : 공주대학교