- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Novel Approach for Accessing Semantic Data by Translating RESTful/JSON Commands into SPARQL Messages
- Nguyen, Khiem Minh ;
- Nguyen, Hai Thanh ;
- Huynh, Hiep Xuan
- Received : 2016.04.20
- Accepted : 2016.06.03
- Published : 2016.06.30
Linked Data is a powerful technology for storing and publishing the structures of data. It is helpful for web applications because of its usefulness through semantic query data. However, using Linked Data is not easy for ordinary users who lack knowledge about the structure of data or the query syntax of Linked Data. For that problem, we propose a translator component that is used for translating RESTful/JSON request messages into SPARQL commands based on ontology - a metadata that describes the structure of data. Clients do not need to worry about the structure of stored data or SPARQL, a kind of query language used for querying linked data that not many people know, when they insert a new instance or query for all instances of any specific class with those complex structure data. In addition, the translator component has the search function that can find a set of data from multiple classes based on finding the shortest paths between the target classes - the original set that user provide, and target classes- the users want to get. This translator component will be applied for any dynamic ontological structure as well as automatically generate a SPARQL command based on users' request message.
Translator component;API;RESTful/JSON to SPARQL;Linked data search
- Christian Bizer, Tom Heath and Tim Berners-Lee, "Linked Data - The Story So Far," International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, 2009.
- Bastian Quilitz, Ulf Leser, "Querying distributed RDF data sources with SPARQL," in ESWC'08 Proceedings of the 5th European semantic web conference on The semantic web: research and applications, 2008.
- Jorge Perez, Marcelo Arenas, and Claudio Gutierrez, "Semantics of SPARQL" in Semantic Web Information.
- Roy T. Fielding, Richard N. Taylor, "Principled design of the modern Web architecture," ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 2002.
- John K. Zao, Tchin-Tze Gan, Chun-Kai You, Cheng-En Chung, Yu-Te Wang, Sergio Jose Rodriguez Mendez, Tim Mullen, "Pervasive brain monitoring and data sharing based on multi-tier distributed computing and linked data technology," Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 2014.
- Ying Wang, Weiru Liu, and David Bell ,"A Concept Hierarchy based Ontology Mapping Approach" School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Queen's University Belfast, Belfast, BT7 1NN, UK, 2013.
- Vinu, Sherimon and Reshmy Krishnan, "ontology construction and reasoning using owl: a case study from seafood domain", SENRA Academic Publishers, British Columbia Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 2979-2984, June 2014 Online ISSN: 1920-3853; Print ISSN: 1715-9997.
- Carlos R. Rivero, Inma Hernandez, David Ruiz, and Rafael. University of Sevilla, Spain, "Generating SPARQL Executable Mappings to Integrate Ontologies," in Proceeding ER'11 Proceedings of the 30th international conference on Conceptual modeling, 2011.
- Tuan-Dat Trinh, Ba-Lam Do, Peter Wetz, Amin Anjomshoaa, Elmar Kiesling and Amin Tjoa, "A Drag-and-block Approach for Linked Open Data Exploration" in ISWC 2014, 2014.
- Can Li , Xinyan Zhu , Wei Guo , Yi Liu , Liang Huang, "Research on Extension of SPARQL Ontology Query Language Considering the Computation of Indoor Spatial Relations", The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-4/W5, 2015 Indoor-Outdoor Seamless Modelling, Mapping and Navigation, 21-22 May 2015, Tokyo, Japan.
- Ayoub Oudani, Mohamed Bahaj, Ilias Cherti. "Creating an RDF Graph from a Relational Database Using SPARQL", Manuscript submitted May 11, 2014; accepted October 20, doi: 10.17706/jsw.10.4.384-391. https://doi.org/10.17706/jsw.10.4.384-391
- Ilaria Tiddi, Mathieu D'Aquin and Enrico Motta, "Walking Linked Data: A graph traversal approach to explain clusters" in ISWC 2014, 2014.
- Peter Bloem, Adianto Wibisono, Gerben De Vries, "Simplifying RDF Data for Graph-Based Machine Learning" in 11th ESWC 2014, 2014.
- Heiko Muller, Liliana Cabral, Ahsan Morshed, and Yanfeng Shu "From RESTful to SPARQL: A Case Study on Generating Semantic Sensor Data", The 12th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2013).
- Vries, G.K.D., de Rooij, S.d'Amato, C., Berka, P., Svatek, V., Wecel, K., eds., "A fast and simple graph kernel for RDF" in EUR Workshop Proceedings., CEUR-WS.org (2013), 2013.
- Haizhou Fu and Kemafor Anyanwu, "Effectively Interpreting Keyword Queries on RDF Databases with a Rear View" in ISWC 2011, 2011.
- Carlos Viegas Damasio and Filipe Ferreira, "Practical RDF Schema reasoning with annotated Semantic Web data," in The ISWC 2011, 2011.
- Gregory Todd Williams and Jesse Weaver, "Enabling fine-grained HTTP caching of SPARQL query results", in The ISWC 2011, 2011.
- Roi Blanco, Peter Mika and Sebastiano Vigna, "Effective and Efficient Entity Search in RDF data", in The ISWC 2011, 2011.
- Mohamed Morsey, Jens Lehmann, Soren Auer and Axel-Cyrille Ngonga Ngomo, "DBpedia SPARQL Benchmark Performance Assessment with Real Queries on Real Data" in The ISWC 2011, 2011.