- Volume 21 Issue 4
A new type of precast CFST column to RC beam braced frame is proposed in this paper. A series of shake table tests were conducted to excite a one-third scale six-story model for investigating the global seismic performance of this type of structure against earthquake actions. Particular emphasis was given to its dynamic property, global seismic responses and failure path. Correspondingly, a numerical model built on the basis of fiber-beam-element model, multi-layer shell model and element-deactivation method was developed to simulate the seismic performance of the prototype structure. Numerical results were compared with the measured values from shake table tests to verify the validity and reliability of the numerical model. The results demonstrated that the proposed novel precast CFST column to RC beam braced frame performs excellently under strong earthquake excitations; the "strong CFST column-weak RC beam" and "strong connection-weak member" anti-seismic design principles can be easily achieved; the maximum deflections of precast CFSTC-RCB braced frame satisfied the deflection limitations proposed in national code; the numerical model can properly simulate the dynamic property and responses of the precast CFSTC-RCB braced frame that are highly concerned in engineering practice.
precast building;concrete filled steel tubular (CFST) column;reinforced concrete (RC) beam;seismic performance;nonlinear FEM analysis
- Bai, Y., Nie, J.G. and Cai, C.S. (2008), "New connection system for confined concrete columns and beams.II:Theoretical modeling", J. Struct. Eng., 134(12), 1800-1809. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2008)134:12(1800)
- GB 50010-2010 (2010), Code for design of concrete structures, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China.
- GB 50011-2010 (2010), Code for seismic design of buildings, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China.
- GB 50017-2003 (2003), Code for design of steel structures, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural development of the People's Republic of China, Beijing, China.
- Han, L.H., Zhao, X.L. and Tao, Z. (2001), "Tests and mechanics model of concrete-filled SHS stub columns, columns and beam-columns", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 1(1), 51-74. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2001.1.1.051
- Han, L.H., Yao, G.H. and Zhao, X.L. (2005), "Tests and calculations for hollow structural steel (HSS) stub columns filled with self-consolidating concrete (SCC)", J. Construct. Steel Res., 61(9), 1241-1269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2005.01.004
- Han, L.H., Wang, W.H. and Yu, H.X. (2010), "Experimental behavior of reinforced concrete(RC) beam to concrete-filled steel tubular(CFST) column frames subjected to ISO-834 standard fire", Eng. Struct., 32(10), 3130-3144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.06.001
- Legeron, F. and Paultre, P. (2003), "Uniaxial confinement model for normal and high-strength concrete columns", J. Struct. Eng., 129(2), 241-252. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:2(241)
- Li, S. (2013), "Studies on method for modal parameter identification and damage identification of engineering structure", Ph.D. Dissertation; Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
- Li, G.C., Fang, C., An, Y.W. and Zhao, X. (2015), "Seismic behavior of rebar-penetrated joint between GCFST column and RGC beam", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 19(3), 547-567. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.19.3.547
- Liao, F.Y., Han, L.H. and Tao, Z. (2014), "Behaviour of composite joints with concrete encased CFST columns under cyclic loading: Experiments", Eng. Struct., 59, 745-764. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2013.11.030
- Lu, X.Z., Lin, X.C., Ma, Y.H., Li, Y. and Ye, L.P. (2008), "Numerical simulation for the progressive collapse of concrete building due to earthquake", Proceedings of the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing, China, October.
- Lu, X.Z., Ye, L.P. and Liao, Z.W. (2009), Elasto-plastic Analysis of Buildings Against Earthquake-theory, Model and Implementation on ABAQUS, MSC.MARC and SAP2000, China Architecture and Building Press, Beijing, BJ, China.
- Lu, X.Z., Lu, X., Guan, H., Zhang, W.K. and Ye, L.P. (2012), "Earthquake-induced collapse simulation of a super-tall mega-braced frame-core tube building", J. Construct. Steel Res., 82, 59-71.
- MSC.Marc (2010a), MSC.Marc Volume B: Element Library, MSC.Software Corp., Santa Ana, CA, USA.
- MSC.Marc (2010b), MSC.Marc Volume D: User Subroutines and Special Routines, MSC.Software Corp., Santa Ana, CA, USA.
- Nie, J.G., Bai, Y. and Cai, C.S. (2008), "New connection system for confined concrete columns and beams. I: Experimental study", J. Struct. Eng., 134(12), 1787-1799. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2008)134:12(1787)
- Qu, H. (2012), "Mechanical analysis of reinforced beam - CFST column joint under seismic loading", Eng. Mech., 29(7), 235-243.
- Ren, P.Q., Li, Y., Guan, H. and Lu, X.Z. (2015), "Progressive collapse resistance of two typical high-rise RC frame shear wall structures", J. Perform. Construct. Facil., 29(3), 04014087. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000593
- Sun, X.L. (2009), "Experimental research on seismic behavior of single span concrete-filled steel tubular frame with reinforced concrete beams", J. Build. Struct., 30(1), 142-146+156.
- Tan, Q.H., Han, L.H. and Yu, H.X. (2012), "Fire performance of concrete filled steel tubular (CFST) column to RC beam joints", Fire Safe. J., 51, 68-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.firesaf.2012.03.002
- Wang, X.L., Lu, X.Z. and Ye, L.P. (2007), "Numerical simulation for the hysteresis behavior of RC columns under cyclic loads", Eng. Mech., 24(12), 76-81.
- Zhang, Y.F., Zhao, J.H. and Cai, C.S. (2012), "Seismic behavior of ring beam joints between concrete-filled twin steel tubes columns and reinforced concrete beam", Eng. Struct., 39, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.01.014
연구 과제 주관 기관 : CCRDI