- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study of Search trends about herbal medicine on online portal
온라인 포털에서 한약재 검색 트렌드와 의미에 대한 고찰
Lee, Seungho;Kim, Anna;Kim, Sanghyun;Kim, Sangkyun;Seo, Jinsoon;Jang, Hyunchul
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.07.18
- Published : 2016.07.30
Objectives : The internet is the most common method to investigate information. It is showed that 75.2% of Internet users of 20s had health information search experience. So this study is aim to understanding of interest of public about the herbal medicine using internet search query volume data.Methods : The Naver that is the top internet portal web service of the Republic of Korea has provided an Internet search query volume data from January 2007 to the current through the Naver data lab (http://datalab.naver.com) service. We have collected search query volume data which was provided by the Naver in 606 herbal medicine names and sorted the data by peak and total search volume.Results : The most frequently searched herbal medicines which has less bias and sorted by peak search volume is 'wasong (와송)'. And the most frequently searched herbal medicines which has less bias and sorted by total search volume is 'hasuo (하수오)'.Conclustions : This study is showed that the rank of interest of public about herbal medicines. Among the above herbal medicines, some herbal medicines had supply issue. And there are some other herbal medicines that had very little demand in Korean medicine market, but highly interested public. So it is necessary to monitor for these herbal medicines which is highly interested of the public. Furthermore if the reliability of the data obtained on the basis of these studies, it is possible to be utilizing herbal medicine monitoring service.
Search trends;big data;herbal medicine monitering;web query;naver data lab
- Korea Internet & Security Agency. 2015 a study on internet usage. Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning. 2016 : 23-41.
- Rhee HS, Lee KS, Kim MS, Hwang SH, Kim DS, Woo JW, Mun DH, Ryu JS, Lee TR. A Study on Health Information and Medical Consulting via Internet Focusing on the Age Group of 20s. J of digital convergence. 2012 ; 10(2) : 255-67.
- Jeremy Ginsberg, Matthew H. Mohebbi, Rajan S. Patel, Lynnette Brammer, Mark S. Smolinski, Larry Brilliant. Detecting influenza epidemics using search engine query data. Nature. 2009 ; 457 : 1012-4. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature07634
- Kwon CM, Hwang SW, Jung JU. Application of Web Query Information for Forecasting Korean Unemployment Rate. J of the Korea Society for Simulation. 2015 ; 24(2) : 31-9. https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2015.24.2.031
- Ryu IG, Lee JY, Park GC, Choi KC, Hwang JM. Analysis of Highway Traffic Indices Using Internet Search Data. J of Korean Society of Transportation. 2015 ; 33(1) : 14-28. https://doi.org/10.7470/jkst.2015.33.1.14
- Kwon CM, Hwang SW, Jung JU. Monitoring Seasonal Influenza Epidemics in Korea through Query Search. J of the Korea Society for Simulation. 2014 ; 23(4) : 31-9 https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2014.23.4.031
- Herbology Editorial Committee of Korean Medicine School. Korean Herbology(Boncho-hak). Seoul : Younglimsa. 2010.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. The Korean Pharmacopoeia. 11th ed. Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2014.
- Ju YS. Ungok Herbology. Jeonju:Woosuk Press. 2015.
- Korea health industry development institute. A study on korea Medicine and herbal medicine usage. Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2014 : 318.