- Volume 16 Issue 4
To decouple the secondary saliencies in sensorless permanent magnet synchronous machine (PMSM) drives, a repetitive control (RC) in the angle domain is proposed. In this paper, the inductance model of a concentrated windings surface-mounted PMSM (cwSPMSM) with strong secondary saliencies is developed. Due to the secondary saliencies, the estimated position contains harmonic disturbances that are periodic relative to the angular position. Through a transformation from the time domain to the angle domain, these varying frequency disturbances can be treated as constant periodic disturbances. The proposed angle-domain RC is plugged into an existing phase-locked loop (PLL) and utilizes the error of the PLL to generate signals to suppress these periodic disturbances. A stability analysis and parameter design guidelines of the RC are addressed in detail. Finally, the proposed method is carried out on a cwSPMSM drive test-bench. The effectiveness and accuracy are verified by experimental results.
CwSPMSM;Repetitive control;Secondary saliencies;Sensorless control
- G. Wang, Z. Li, G. Zhang, Y. Yu, and D. Xu, “Quadrature PLL-based high-order sliding-mode observer for IPMSM sensorless control with online MTPA control strategy,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 214–224, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2012.2228484
- Z. Peroutka, V. Šmídl, and D. Vošmik, "Challenges and limits of extended Kalman filter based sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous machine drives," in 13th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE), pp. 1-11, Sep. 2009.
- M. A. Hamida, J. De Leon, A. Glumineau, and R. Boisliveau, “An adaptive interconnected observer for sensorless control of PM synchronous motors with online parameter identification,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 739–748, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2206355
- M. W. Degner and R. D. Lorenz, “Using multiple saliencies for the estimation of flux, position, and velocity in AC machines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 1097–1104, Sep./Oct. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.720450
- D. Raca, M. C. Harke, and R. D. Lorenz, “Robust magnet polarity estimation for initialization of PM synchronous machines with near-zero saliency,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 1199–1209, Jul./Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.926195
- N. Teske, G. M. Asher, M. Sumner, and K. J. Bradley, “Suppression of saturation saliency effects for the sensorless position control of induction motor drives under loaded conditions,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 1142–1150, Oct. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.873224
- M. W. Degner and F. Briz, “Rotor position method,” IEEE Ind. Electron. Mag., Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 24–36, Jun. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIE.2011.941118
- D. Paulus, P. Landsmann, S. Kuehl, and R. Kennel, "Arbitrary injection for permanent magnet synchronous machines with multiple saliencies," in IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, pp. 511-517, Sep. 2013.
- P. García, S. Member, F. Briz, S. Member, D. Raca, and R. D. Lorenz, “Saliency-tracking-based sensorless control of AC machines using structured neural networks,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 77–86, Jan./Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.887309
- T. M. Wolbank and M. K. Metwally, "Speed sensorless flux and position control of induction machines based on pulse injection and multiple saliency extraction," in 34th Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON), pp. 1403-1408, Nov. 2008.
- Z. Chen, J. Gao, F. Wang, Z. Ma, Z. Zhang, and R. Kennel, “Sensorless control for SPMSM with concentrated windings using multisignal injection method,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 12, pp. 6624–6634, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2316257
- M. Seilmeier and B. Piepenbreier, “Sensorless control of PMSM for the whole speed range using two-degree-of-freedom current control and HF test current injection,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 4394–4403, Aug. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2353215
- Z. Chen, C. Wu, R. Qi, G. Luo, and R. Kennel, "Decoupling of secondary saliencies in sensorless AC drives using repetitive control," in 17th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE ECCE-Europe), pp. 1-10, Sep. 2015.
- M. Seilmeier, S. Ebersberger, B. Piepenbreier, and S. Member, "Identification of high frequency resistances and inductances for sensorless control of PMSM," in IEEE International Symposium on Sensorless Control for Electrical Drives and Predictive Control of Electrical Drives and Power Electronics (SLED/PRECEDE), pp. 1-8, Oct. 2013.
- L. Alberti, N. Bianchi, and S. Bolognani, “High frequency d-q model of synchronous machines for sensorless control,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 3923–3931, Sep./Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2015.2428222
- S. C. Yang and R. D. Lorenz, “Surface permanent magnet synchronous machine position estimation at low speed using Eddy-current-reflected asymmetric resistance,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 2595–2604, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2171507
- N. Bianchi, S. Bolognani, M. Dai Pré, and G. Grezzani, “Design considerations for fractional-slot winding configurations of synchronous machines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 997–1006, Jul./Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.876070
- F. Briz, M. W. Degner, P. García, and R. D. Lorenz, “Comparison of saliency-based sensorless control techniques for AC machines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 1107–1115, Jul./Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.830768
- S. C. Yang, T. Suzuki, R. D. Lorenz, and T. M. Jahns, “Surface-permanent-magnet synchronous machine design for saliency-tracking self-sensing position estimation at zero and low speeds,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 2103–2116, Sep./Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2011.2161630
- B. Prieto, M. Martínez-iturralde, L. Fontán, and I. Elosegui, “Analytical calculation of the slot leakage inductance in fractional-slot concentrated-winding machines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 2742–2752, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2362094
- R. Dutta, M. F. Rahman, and L. Chong, “Winding inductances of an interior permanent magnet (IPM) machine with fractional slot concentrated winding,” IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 48, No. 12, pp. 4842–4849, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2203140
- A. M. El-Refaie, Z. Q. Zhu, T. M. Jahns, and D. Howe, "Winding inductances of fractional slot surface-mounted permanent magnet brushless machines," in Conference Record - IAS Annual Meeting, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- R. Dutta and M. F. Rahman, “A comparative analysis of two test methods of measuring d - and q -axes inductances of interior permanent-magnet machine,” IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 42, No. 11, pp. 3712–3718, Nov. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.880994
- B. Prieto, M. Martínez-Iturralde, L. Fontán, and I. Elosegui, “Fault-tolerant permanent magnet synchronous machine – phase, pole and slot number selection criterion based on inductance calculation,” IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 138–149, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2014.0067
- S. Hara, Y. Yamamoto, T. Omata, and M. Nakano, “Repetitive control system: A new type servo system for periodic exogenous signals.pdf,” IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 659–668, Jul. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.1274
- P. Mattavelli, L. Tubiana, and M. Zigliotto, “Torque-ripple reduction in PM synchronous motor drives using repetitive current control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1423–1431, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.857559
- X. H. Wu, S. K. Panda, and J. X. Xu, “Design of a plug-in repetitive control scheme for eliminating supply-side current harmonics of three-phase pwm boost rectifiers under generalized supply voltage conditions,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 1800–1810, Jul. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2042304
- T.-Y. Doh and J. R. Ryoo, “Robust Stability Condition and Analysis on steady-state tracking errors of repetitive control systems,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 960–967, Dec. 2008.
- Z. Chen, F. Wang, G. Luo, Z. Zhang, and R. Kennel, “Secondary saliency tracking-based sensorless control for concentrated winding SPMSM,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 201–210, Feb. 2016.