- Volume 11 Issue 7
The difference of oral environment improvement effect of the test dentifrice was examined by applying the Centella Asiatica extract on the oral dentifrice composed by above ingredients. And by using the double blind manner the plaque, gingival index and probing pocket depth were measured and the corresponding changes were set to be verified.
Centella Asiatica Extract;Addition;Preventive Effects;Oral Health
- K. Bae, B. Lee, and Y. Jang, "The effect of mouthrinse products containing sodium fluoride, cetylpyridinium(CPC), pine leaf extracts and green tea extracts on the plaque, gingivitis, dental caries and halitosis," J. Korean Acad. Dent health, vol. 25, no. 1, 2001, pp. 51-57.
- H. Kwon, D. Kim, and B. Kim, "Primary preventive dentistry. 6th ed," DH 2006, pp.20-35.
- J. Kim, Y. Choi, and H. Moon, Public oral health. 4th ed," KMS 2008, pp.264-269.
- J. Moran, M Addy, R. Newcombe, Marlow I, "A study to assess the plaque inhibitory action of a newly formulated triclosan toothpaste," J. Clin. Periodontol, vol. 28, no. 1, 2001, pp. 86-89. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-051x.2001.280113.x
- M. Caelli, J. Porteous, C. Carson, R. Heller, T. Rilev, "Tea tree oil as an alternative topical decolonization agent for methicillin resistant Staphylococcusaureus," J. Hosp. Infect vol. 46, no. 3, 2000, pp. 236-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0195-6701(00)90830-2
- C. Park and C. Park, "The Antibacterial and Antioxidative Activity of Licorice and Spice Water Extracts," Korean J. of Food and Cookery Science, vol. 23, no. 6, 2007, pp. 793-799.
- M. Bae, S. Yee, and E. Ye, "Anti-Cancer and Anti-Allergy Activities of Mycelia Extracts of Lentinus edodes Mushroom-Cultured Glycyrrhiza radix," J. East Asian Soc. Dietary Life, vol. 17, no. 1, 2007, pp. 43-50.
- J. Choi, J. Choi, K. Hwang, and Y. Park, "Improvement effect of oral environment after using mouthwash containing cetylpyridinium chloride or triclosan," J. Korean Acad. Dent health vol. 31, no. 3, 2007, pp. 330-337.
- S. Turesky, N. Gilmore, and I. Glickman, "Reduced plaque formation by the chloromethyl analogue of vitamine C," J. periodontol, vol. 41, no. 1, 1970, pp. 41-43. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.19220.127.116.11
- K. Talbott, I. Mandel, N. Chilton, "Reduction of baseline gingivitis scores with repeated prophylaxes," J. Prev. Dent, vol. 4, no. 6, 1977, pp. 28-29.
- J. Cho, S. Lee, and S. Yoo, "Practical approach experiment of whitening effect of dentifrice containing 1.2% and 1.5% hydrogen peroxide," J. Korean Acad. Dent health, vol. 62, no. 3, 2007, pp. 61-70.
- J. You, Y. Kim, and Y. Lee, "Comparative effects of the green tea extracts depending on different extraction methods on reduction of oral malodor," J. Korean Acad. Dent health, vol. 15, no. 2, 1991, pp. 377-389.
- S. Jung, K. Bae, and H. Moon, "Effects of mouth spray containing GFSE, tea extract & UDCA on antimicrobial effect of streptococcus mutans, reducing of oral malodor and reduction of gingivitis," J. Korean Acad. Dent health, vol. 22, no. 1, 1998, pp. 37-44.
- Y. Yun, W. Kwak, and J. Cho, "Effect of grapefruit seed, cassiae torae semen and angelicae gigantis radix on growth streptococcus mutans," J. Korean Acad. Oral Health, vol. 20, no. 1, 1996, pp. 107-120.