- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Selection of Manageable Diseases for Quality Assessment in Korean Medicine by Delphi Method
한방분야 적정성 평가 대상 질환 선정을 위한 전문가 Delphi 조사
- Park, Chang-Hyun (College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University) ;
- Lim, Hyung-Ho (College of Korean Medicine, Gachon University)
- Received : 2016.06.16
- Accepted : 2016.07.07
- Published : 2016.07.31
Objectives As awareness of the public about Korean medicine health care and the social demand about improvement for quality of health care service is constantly rising, the quality evaluation of Korean medicine health care service is needed to improve the quality. Through trial of Delphi method, we tried to set the priority in short, medium, long term among the disease which is the subject of quality assessment. Methods Carrying out the delphi survey to 50 experts of korean medicine who were recommended by the 41 member societies of Korean medicine and related organizations, we selected final candidates for quality assessment. It is composed with total 2 rounds, and we investigated the priority in three aspects; the importance of the matter, possibility quality assessment, potential about if there's any chance of improvement. Results By delphi method, we set the priority of quality assessment. Base on the result of the second round, we classified importance of the questions into above average, average, below average, and categorized items as short, medium, long term according on the final priority. We classified of musculoskeletal diseases and diseases of connective tissues and musculoskeletal injury as short term and cerebrovascular disease and disease of nerve system and malignant neoplasm as medium term, disease of digestive organs and diseases, symptoms and abnormal findings in clinical field or inspections which are not categorized as long term. Conclusions We set the subjects of quality assessment by delphi survey by experts, and classified into short, medium, long term. Further research is necessary for execution the Quality Assessment to each of the candidate. Also, we can send feedback to medical institution base on the result of Quality Assessment. then it would be able to induce the improvement in quality of medical institution by itself.
Supported by : 가천대학교, 건강보험심사평가원
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2012 Reimbursement Quality Aseessment Result Report. Seoul: [cited 2013. October 15] available form: https://www.hira.or.kr/cms/notice/01/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2013/07/04/2012_report.pdf
- Park JS, Lim HH. A Study on the Korean Medical Quality Assessment of Spinal Disease-Focusing on Admission Patients-. J Korean Med Rehab. 2015;25(3):11-3. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.3.11
- Delphi method. Lee GS. Gyeonggi : Kyoyookkwahaksa. 2006:7-31.
- Yang DH, Park YJ, Park YB, Lee SC. Development of Questionnaires for Blood Stasis Pattern. J Society of Korean Med Diagnostics. 2006;10(1):141-52.
- Kim SG, Jung HG, Lee HL, Jang JY, Lee H, Kim CG, Shin WG, Shin ES, Lee YC. Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Helicobacter pylori Infection in Korea, 2013 Revised Edition. The Korean Journal of Gastroenterology. 2013;62(1):3-26. https://doi.org/10.4166/kjg.2013.62.1.3
- Ahn JH, Lee SH, Park YJ, Park YB. Developing Questionnaire of BiJeung which is similar to Arthralgia and Paresthesia Syndrome. J Korean Med. 2013;34(3):96-105. https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.13015
- Choi SH, Rhim HM, Oh JG, Rhim JY, Kang HW, Kim YS, Hang CH, Lee I, Moon SK, Yun HJ, Sung KK, Lee SK. Standard Pattern Identifications for Post Stroke Depression by Delphi Method. Korean J Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2012;26(3):367-75.
- Suh CJ, Chang DM. Current and Future R&D Manpower Requirements and Policy Recommendations in the Korean Oriental Medicine Research Area. The Society of Korean Preventive Medicine. 2009;13(1):1-11.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2013 Medical Expenses Statistical Indicators. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2014.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. Research on the Assessment of Korean Diagnosis Related Group-Korean Medicine. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2014:3-20.
- Lim MH. The Choice of Netherlands Health Care. Korean Health Policy & Administration Conference Reviews. 2001:1-25.
- Adams K, Corrigan JM, Editors. Priority areas for national action: transforming health care quality. Washington: Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. 2003:1-152.
- Shin SY, Park CS, Kim SM, Kim NS, Lee SY. Priority Areas for National Health care Quality Evaluation in Korea. Korean Journal of Health Policy & Administration. 2009;19(3):1-26.
- Mainz J. Developing evidence-based clinical indicators: state of art methods primer. International Journal for Quality in Health care. 2003;15:i5-i11. https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzg084
- Fitch K, Bernstein SJ, Aguilar MS, et al. The RAND/ULCA appropriateness method user's manual. RAND. 2001:13-31.
- Moon OR. Development for the Medical Benefit's Appropriateness. Seoul: National Health Insurance Service. 2001:80.
- Kim KS. Future Direction for the Healthcare Quality Assessment in NHI. Daejeon: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs . 2013:48-60.
- Bae NS, Park YJ, Oh HS, Park YB. Preceding Studies for Questionnaires on Han-Yol Patternization. J Society of Korean Med Diagnostics. 2005;9(1):98-111.
- Hasson F., Keeney S., McKenna H. Research guidelines for Delphi survey technique. J Advanced Nursing. 2000;32(4):1008-15. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.2000.t01-1-01567.x
- Danielle Cabral, Jeffery N. Katz, Michael E. Weinblatt, Gladys Ting, Jerry Avorn, Daniel H. Solomon. Develpment and Assessment of Indicators of Rheumatoid Arthritis Severity: Results of a Delphi Panel. Arthritis & Rheumaism. 2005;53(1):61-6. https://doi.org/10.1002/art.20925
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2013 National Health Insurance Statistical Yearbook. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2014.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. Development of Clinical Quality Indicators for Spinal Disease -Specialized hospital Related-. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2012:1-134.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. Development of Clinical Quality Indicators for Korean Medical Spinal Disease -Specialized hospital Related-. Seoul: Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2012:1-107.