- Volume 16 Issue 3
In this paper, a frequency tunable double band-stop resonator (BSR) with voltage control by varactor diodes is suggested. It makes use of a half-wavelength shunt stub as its conventional basic structure, which is replaced by the distributed LC block. Taking advantage of the nonlinear relationship between the frequency and electrical length of the distributed LC block, a dual-band device can be designed easily. With two varactor diodes, the stop-band of the resonator can be easily tuned by controlling the electrical length of the resonator structure. The measurement results show the tuning ranges of the two operating frequencies to be 1.82 GHz to 2.03 GHz and 2.81 GHz to 3.03 GHz, respectively. The entire size of the resonator is
Band-Stop Resonator;Dual-Band;Half-Wavelength;Transmission Line;Varactor Diode
- M. Bemani and S. Nikmehr, "Dual-band N-way series power divider using CRLH-TL metamaterials with application in feeding dual-band linear broadside array antenna with reduced beam squinting," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 3239-3246, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2013.2255631
- R. Gomez-Garcia and A. C. Guyette, "Reconfigurable multi-band microwave filters," IEEE Transactions on Micro- wave Theory and Techniques, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 1294-1307, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2015.2405066
- F. Mkadem, A. Islam and S. Boumaiza, "Multi-band complexity-reduced generalized-memory-polynomial power-amplifier digital predistortion," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1763-1774, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2016.2561279
- D. R. Jachowski, "Folded multiple bandpass filter with various couplings," U.S. patent 5410284, April 25, 1995.
- J. Lee, M. S. Uhm, and I. B. Yom, "A dual-pass band filter of canonical structure for satellite applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 271-273, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2004.828010
- P. Jamjareekul, "Compact microstrip band stop resonator for dual-band wireless communication," in Proceedings of 2011 8th International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE), Nakhon Pathom, Thailand, 2011, pp. 399-402.
- C. Karpuz, G. M. Eryilmaz, and A. Gorur, "Compact dual-mode microstrip quasi-meander loop resonator for filter applications," in Proceedings of 38th European Microwave Conference (EuMC), Amsterdam, 2008, pp. 630-633.
- A. A. Ibrahim, A. B. Abdel-Rahman, M. A. Abdalla, and H. F. A. Hamed, "Compact size microstrip coupled resonator band pass filter loaded with lumped capacitors," in Proceedings of 2013 Japan-Egypt International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (JECECC), 6th of October City, Egypt, 2013, pp. 64-67.
- J. R. Montejo-Garai, "Synthesis of N-even order symmetric filters with N transmission zeros by means of source-load cross coupling," Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 232-233, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20000242
- S. Amari and U. Rosenberg, "New building blocks for modular design of elliptic and self-equalized filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 721-736, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2003.821923
- E. T. Rahardjo, W. Yuswardi, and F. Y. Zulkifli, "Size reduction of microstrip antenna with CRLH-TL metamaterial and partial ground plane techniques," in Proceedings of the 2012 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), Nagoya, Japan, 2012, pp. 898-901.
- C. Wang, Y. Shi, S. Liu, and W. Tang, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter using simplified dual composite right/left-handed transmission line structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1165-1167, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.27508
- Frequency-Switchable Microfluidic CSRR-Loaded QMSIW Band-Pass Filter Using a Liquid Metal Alloy vol.17, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/s17040699
- Microfluidic High-Q Circular Substrate-Integrated Waveguide (SIW) Cavity for Radio Frequency (RF) Chemical Liquid Sensing vol.18, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/s18010143
- Microfluidically Frequency-Reconfigurable Quasi-Yagi Dipole Antenna vol.18, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/s18092935
- Fluidically Switchable Metasurface for Wide Spectrum Absorption vol.8, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-28574-9
- Design of a Multi-Layered Reconfigurable Frequency Selective Surface Using Water Channels vol.14, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-018-00034-4