- Volume 21 Issue 7
This paper shows what kind of influence the learning motivation factors have on the effectiveness of Flipped Learning Model through the case of operating a JAVA programming subject. The Flipped Learning Approach consisting of Before Class, Before or At Start of Class, and In Class provides the students with learning motivation as well as satisfies Keller's ARCS(Attention, Relevance, Confidence, Satisfaction) to keep them studying steadily. This research conducts the operation of Flipped Learning and gets Exploratory Factor Analysis and Reliability Analysis from the result of the course experience questionnaire at the end of the class. Given this survey result, Flipped Learning approach improves the learners' satisfaction in class and the effectiveness in the fields of understanding learning context more than does the previous lecture-based learning approach by pacing learning procedure and conducting self-directed learning.
- jhlee, "Implementation and Evaluation of Blended PBL Systems for Information Communication Ethics Education," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 16, No 4., pp. 83-91, Apr. 2011.
- srjeon.twlee, "A Strategy using Writing based on STEAM Instruction for Information Gifted Students' Creative Problem-Solving," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 17, No 8., pp. 181-188, Aug. 2012.
- Twigg, C. A., "Improving Learning and Reducing Costs: New Modela for Online Learning," EDUCAUSE, pp. 28-38, 2003.
- bhkoo, "An Effectiveness Analysis of the Flipped Learning utilizing MOOC," A Thesis for th Degree of Master, Kongju National University, 2015.
- hslee.cskim, "The Effect of Flipped Learning on Learning Motivation," The Korean Association of Computer Education, Proceeding of Winter Annual Conference, 19(1), Jan. 2015.
- cskim, "Development and Adaptation of MET Flipped Learning," Korean Council for College Education, the Contest for Teaching and Learning, Dec. 2014.
- jbchoi.egkim, "Developing a Teaching-Learning Model for Flipped Learning for Institutes of Technology and a Case of Operation of a Subject," Journal of Engineering Education Research, Vol. 18, No 2., pp. 77-88, Mar. 2015. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2015.18.2.77
- dylee, "Research on Developing Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning," The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(12), pp. 83-92, Dec. 2013.
- CRLT, http://www.crlt.umich.edu/node/58368
- sgbeum.jhim, "The Case Study of UNIST e-Education: Inverted(Flipped) Learning Model," The Society of e-Learning, Proceeding of Spring Annual Conference, pp. 1-6, Apr. 2012.
- jhim, "WHY the Flipped Learning?," http://webzine.serii.re.kr, Nov. 2014.
- hslee.sckang.cskim, "A Study on the Effect of Flipped Learning on Learning Motivation and Academic Achievement," The Journal of Computer Education, Vol 18(2), pp. 47-57, Mar. 2015.
- Hae Ja H., Min Ryeol C., "Flipped Learning in the Middle School Math Class," Advanced Science and Technology Letters, Vol. 71, pp. 94-97, 2014.
- Strayer, J. F. "How Learning in an Inverted Classroom Influences Cooperation, Innovation and Task Orientation," Learning Environment Research, 15(2), p.171, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10984-012-9108-4
- Ginns, P. Ellis, R. "Quality in Blended Learning : Exploring the Relationships between On-line and Face-to-face Teaching and Learning," The Internet and Higher Education, 10(1), pp. 53-64, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iheduc.2006.10.003
- Herreid, C. F., Schiller, N. A., "Case Studies and the Flipped Classroom," Journal of College Science Teaching, 42(5), pp. 62-66, May/June 2013.
- Enfield, J. "Looking at the Impact of the Flipped Classroom Model of Instruction on Undergraduate Multimedia students CSUN," Tech Trends: Linking Research & Practice to Improve Learning, 2013.
- Srivastava K., "Role of Flipped Classroom in Education," Research Paper, Vol 3., pp. 81-83, Apr. 2014.
- Jacob L. B., Matthew A. V., "A Survey of the Research," American Society for Engineering Education, 120th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, 2013.
- Zhao, Y., Ho, A. D., "Evaluating the Flipped Classroom in An Undergraduate History Course," Harvard Graduate School of Education, Jun. 2014.
- jhjoo, "Study of e-PBL Teaching and Learning Model for Efficient Flipped Learning," The Journal of the Society of Computer Knowledge, 3(1), pp. 47-53, Jan. 2015.
- hjhan, "Instructional Strategies for Integrating Online and Offline Modes of flipped Learning in a College Course," A Thesis for the Degree of Master, Seoul National University, 2015.
- yskim.cskim, "A Study of Class Satisfaction for Flipped Learning in the JAVA Programming Course," International Conference Program, The Korea Academic Society of Digital Business Administration, pp. 251-260, Nov. 2015.