- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Simulation and Testing of the Effect of Current Collection Performance According to Pre-sag in 400km/h Overhead Contact Lines
400km/h 전차선로에서 사전이도가 집전성능에 미치는 영향에 대한 시뮬레이션 및 시험
- Received : 2015.09.28
- Accepted : 2016.04.08
- Published : 2016.06.30
A 400km/h simple catenary system was constructed as a test line in Korea. In the design stage of this system, the pre-sag was one of the engineering issues most focused on. It is known that the pre-sag improves the current collection performance in a certain band of high speed. However, the effect of pre-sag at 400km/h has not yet been established. To grasp a better pre-sag in the 400km/h catenary, we transacted the dynamic performance prediction simulation between catenary and pantograph under conditions of 0 and 1/3000 pre-sag. The level of 0 pre-sag was adapted for the 400km/h catenary design after reviewing predictions. We constituted the 1/3000 pre-sag sample section (about 1km) while constructing the 400km/h catenary test-bed (28km) of 0 pre-sag. With a HEMU-430X train, the contact forces were measured in the test-bed including the pre-sag sample section. In this paper, the predicted and measured dynamic performance values (contact forces) for 0 and 1/3000 pre-sag are described and compared. It is conclusively confirmed by analytical and experimental examination that the non pre-sag showed better dynamic (current collection) performance than that of the 1/3000 pre-sag for the 400km/h catenary system.
Pre-sag;400km/h catenary;Current collection;400km/h test-bed;HEMU-430X
- SIMENS (2009) Contact lines for electric railways-planning, design, implementation, maintenance, Publicis Publishing, pp. 636-638.
- Bauer, K.H., Seifert, R. (1991) Testing of the high-speed overhead contact line Re250 of Deutsche Bundesbahn, Elektrische Bahnen 89, pp. 424-425.
- F. Kiessling (1985) Contribution to Siemens railway symposium, Erlangen.
- O. Dorenberg (1965) German railway tests to develop an overhead contact line for very high speeds, Elektrische Bahnen 63, 6, pp. 148-155.
- Y.H. Cho, K.W. Lee, Y. Park, B.B. Kang, K.N. Kim (2010) Influence of contact wire pre-sag on the dynamics of pantograph- railway catenary, I. J. of Mechanical Sciences, 52, pp. 1471-1490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2010.04.002
- Y.H. Cho (2008) Numerical simulation of the dynamic response of railway overhead contact lines to a moving pantograph , considering a nonlinear dropper, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 315, pp. 433-454. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.02.024
- T.X. Wu, M.J. Brennan (1999) Dynamic stiffness of a railway overhead wire system and its effect on pantograph-catenary system dynamics, J Sound Vib 1999, 219(3), pp. 483-502. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.1869
- W. Zhang, G. Mei, J. Zeng (2002) A study of pantograph/catenary system dynamics with influence on pre-sag and irregularity of contact wire, Vehicle System Dynamics, Suppl. 37, pp. 593-604. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2002.11666265
- Railways Technical Research Institute (1993) Characteristics of contact wire and pantograph, Yeonusa publishing authority, pp. 7-9.
- S.Y. Kwon, S.H. An, J.S. Choo (2009) A review on the geometry changes when increasing the contact wire tension to implement 400km/h test run of the next high speed train HEMU-430X, Proc. of autumn conference of the Korean society for railway, Jeju, pp. 206.
- Stefano Bruni, Jorge Ambrosiob, Alberto Cariceroc,Y.H. Cho, et al. (2015) The results of the pantograph-catenary interaction benchmark, Vehicle System Dynamics, 53(3), pp. 412-435. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2014.953183
- S.H. An, Y.H. Kim (2012) A study on the geometry change for the increased contact wire tension in the pre-sagged existing catenary, Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, 15(5), pp. 447-453. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.5.447
- Y.H. Cho, K.W. Lee, S.Y. Kwon, et al. (2013) The analysis of fatigue test load for droppers in overhead contact line for 400km/h operation, Proceedings of Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Daegu, pp. 41-48.
- Kunio Ikeda (2005) Optimization of overhead contact lines for Shinkansen speed increases, JR EAST technical review-No.12 Special edition paper, pp. 64-69.
Grant : 경량 저소음 팬터그래프 개발, 증속에 따른 전차선로 시스템 기술개발
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원, 국토교통과학기술진흥원