- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Shear Behavior of Shear Key for Concrete Track on Railway Bridge Considering Construction Joint
타설 경계면을 고려한 철도교 콘크리트궤도 전단키의 전단 거동 해석
Lee, Seong-Cheol;Kang, Yun-Suk;Jang, Seung Yup
- Received : 2016.01.20
- Accepted : 2016.05.04
- Published : 2016.06.30
Concrete track on railway bridges should be designed to effectively respond to the movement of the superstructure of the bridge. In the design procedure, shear keys are generally placed on the protection concrete layer (PCL) before casting the concrete track so the shear force due to slip between the concrete track and the bridge super-structure can be transferred. In this paper, a nonlinear structural analysis procedure that considers the construction joint has been developed to predict the shear behavior of a shear key. With the developed analysis procedure, it was possible to predict the shear force-shear slip response at the construction joint in a shear key by considering the friction of concrete surface and the dowel action of the rebars. The analysis results showed good agreement with the test results for 4 specimens.
Concrete track;Railway bridge;Shear key;Shear;Friction
- International Union of Railways (2001) Track/bridge Interaction Recommendations for Calculations, UIC Code 774-3R.
- I.-Y. Choi, H.-C. Cho, S.-C. Yang, J.-Y. Choi (2009) Development of design chart for investigating an additional rail stress and displacements on CWR (II) Design chart for railway bridge of conventional line, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(4), pp. 574-581.
- I.-Y. Choi, H.-C. Cho, S.-C. Yang, J.-Y. Choi, J.Y. Yu (2009) Development of design chart for investigating an additional rail stress and displacements on CWR (I) Design chart for high-speed railway bridge, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(4), pp. 565-573.
- C. Esveld (2001) Modern Railway Track, MRT-Productions, Zaltbommel, The Netherlands, p. 653.
- DB Systemtechnik (2002) Requirements Catalog for the Construction of Fixed Track, 4th ed. (in German).
- http://www.railone.de/en/products-solutions/railways-and-commuter-traffic/ballastless-track-systems/rheda-2000r.html (Accessed on June 2016).
- Korea Railroad Technical Corporation (2006) Execute Design of Track for Gyeong-Bu High Speed Line 2nd Phase(Dong-Daegu-Busan), Korea Railway Network Authority.
- British Standards Association (2004) Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete Structures - Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings, BS EN 1992-1-1.
- F.J. Vecchio, D. Lai (2004) Crack shear-slip in reinforced concrete elements, Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 2(3), pp. 289-300. https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.2.289
- J.C. Walraven (1981) Fundamental analysis of aggregate interlock, ASCE Journal of the Structural Division, 107(11), pp. 2245-2270.
- P. Soroushian, K. Obaseki, M.C. Rojas, J. Shim (1986) Analysis of dowel bars acting against concrete core, ACI Structural Journal, 83(4), pp. 642-649.
- P. Soroushian, K. Obaseki, M.C. Rojas, H.S. Najm (1987) Behavior of bars in dowel action against concrete cover, ACI Structural Journal, 84(2), pp. 170-175.
- N. Randl (2007) Load bearing behaviour of cast-in shear dowels, Beton-und-Stahlbetonbau, 102, pp. 31-37. https://doi.org/10.1002/best.200710103
- Y.-S. Kang et al. (2015) Study on Design Standards of Track Systems for the High-Speed Railway at 400km/h, Final Report, Korea Railroad Research Institute, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, Korea Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- K. Maekawa, H. Okamura, A. Pimanmas (2003) Non-linear mechanics of reinforced concrete, CRC Press, p. 768.
Supported by : 국토교통부