- Volume 1 Issue 3
In this work, we extend the split previously developed kinetic energy (dubbed as KEP) method Mineo and Chao (2012) by modifying the mass parameter to include the negative mass. We first show how to separate the total system into the subsystems with 3 attractive delta potentials by using the KEP method. For repulsive delta potentials, we introduce "negative" mass terms. Two cases are demonstrated using the "negative" mass terms for repulsive delta potential problems in quantum mechanics. Our work shows that the KEP solution scheme can be used to obtain not only the exact energies but also the exact wavefuctions very precisely.
kinetic energy partition;
- Demkov, Y.N. and Ostrovski, V.N. (1988), "Basic principles of the zero-range potential method", Springer, 1-21.
- Dirac, P.A.M. (1958), The Principle of Quantum Mechanics, Oxford U.P., Oxford.
- Fermi, E. (1936), "Sul moto dei neutroni nelle sostanze idrogenate", Ric. Sci., 7(2), 13-52.
- Holden, H., Hoegh-Krohn, R., Gesztesy, F. and Albeverio, S. (2005), Solvable Models in Quantum Mechanics, AMS Chelsea Publishing, Rhode Island.
- Mineo, H. and Chao, S.D. (2012), "Split kinetic energy method for quantum systems with competing potentials", Ann. Phys., 327(9), 2061-2073. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aop.2012.05.010
- Mineo, H. and Chao, S.D. (2014), "Kinetic energy partition method for competing modes", J. Chin. Chem., 61(11), 1205-1210. https://doi.org/10.1002/jccs.201400008
- Yakovlev, S.L. and Gradusov, V.A. (2013), "Zero-range potential for particles interacting via Coulomb potential", J. Phys. A, 46(3), 035307. https://doi.org/10.1088/1751-8113/46/3/035307
- The kinetic energy partition method applied to quantum eigenvalue problems with many harmonic-oscillator potentials vol.55, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10910-017-0745-9
- Kinetic energy partition method applied to ground state helium-like atoms vol.146, pp.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4978897
Supported by : CQSE of NTU