- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
PWSCC and System Engineering Development of Internal Inspection and Maintenance Methodology for RCS
Abdallah, Khaled Atya Ahmed;Mesquita, Patricia Alves Franca de;Yusoff, Norashila;Nam, GungIhn;Jung, JaeCheon;Lee, YoungKwan
- Received : 2015.11.18
- Accepted : 2016.06.11
- Published : 2016.06.30
Due to safety of the plant, it became very clear the importance of study occurrence reactor coolant system (RCS) issues specially the primary water stress corrosion cracking (PWSCC). The Systems Engineering (SE) approach is characterized by the application of a structured engineering methodology for the design of a complex system or component. Robotic devices have been used for internal inspection, maintenance and performing remote welding and inspection in high-radiation areas. In this paper, PWSCC overview and inlay and over lay welding methodology introduced, concept of robotic device that can be inserted into the piping via Steam Generator (SG) main way to access to primary piping of pressurized water reactor (PWR) is developed based on SE methodology. A 3D model of the inspection system was developed along with the APR1400 (Advanced Power Reactor)reactor coolant systems (RCS) and internals with virtual 3D simulation of the operation for visualization to prove the validity of the concept.
PWSCC;SE approach;Robotic;Internal inspection;RCS pipe inspection
- Blanchard, B.S., and W.J. Fab yrcky, "Systems Engineering and Analysis," 5th ed. Prentice-Hall International series in Industrial and Systems Engineering. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall, pp. 142-161, (February 2010).
- INCOSE, "Systems Engineering Handbook," version 3.2.2., INCOSE-TP-2003-002-03.2.2., pp. 61-218, (October 2011).
- Henry Offer; Hsueh-Wen Pao, Saratoga; William Dale Jones, Phoenix. "Method and apparatus for remotely inspection and/or for remotely inspection and/or other components used in reactor coolant systems or other process applications," Pub. No.: 2009/0307891 A1, pp. 1-2, (December 2009).
- K. Smith, A. Klein, P. Saint-Paul, J. Blanchet, "Inconel 690 A material with improved corrosion resistance for PWR steam generator tubes," in: Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Environmental Degradation of Materials in Nuclear Power Systems-Water Reactors, Monterey, California, September 9-12, (1985).
- ASME, "ASME Code Case N-766-Mitigation activity," (2011).
- Paul J. Kreitman, P.E., "Mitigation and repair of reactor vessel inlet/outlet nozzle using weld inlay process," Westinghouse electric company, PCI Energy service, Lake Bluff 60048, (2007).
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI), "Advanced INLAY System for Reactor Vessel of PWR," E-Journal of Advanced Maintenance, Vol.4, No.3, NT49, (2009).
- S.A. Attanasio, D.S. Morton, "Measurement of the Nickel/Nickel oxide transition in Ni-Cr-Fe alloys and updated data and correlations to quantify the effect of aqueous hydrogen on primary water SCC," LM-03K049, Lockheed Martin, Schenectady, NY 12301, (2003).
- http://www.jsm.or.jp/ejam/Vol.4No.3/NT/NT49/ article.html.
- K.Dozaki. D. Akutagawa, N. Nagata, H. Takiguch, K Noring, E-jornal Adv. Maint. 2 (2010) 65-76.
- IAEA, "Assessment and Management of Ageing of Major Nuclear Power Plant Com-ponents Important to Safety: Steam Genera-tors," Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear energy series, ISSN 1011-4289; IAEA-TECDOC-1668, (2011).
- Nuclear Code "Kerntechnischer Ausschuss," website (www.kta-gs.de).
- IAEA, "In-Service Inspection of Nuclear Power Plants", Safety Series No. 50-P-2, IAEA Manual, 1991, pp. 3.
- Kossiakoff, A. and W.N. Sweet, "Systems Engineering: Principles and Practice," Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, pp. 69-109, (2011).
- IAEA, "Stress corrosion cracking in light water reactors: good practices and lessons learned," Vienna, International Atomic Energy Agency nuclear energy series, ISSN 1995-7807; no. NP-T-3.13, STI/PUB/1522, PP. 5-10, (2011).
- W. S. Hazelton, W. H. Koo, "Technical Report on Material Selection and Processing Guidelines for BWR Coolant Pressure Boundary Piping," NUREG-0313; Rev. 2, (1988).
- R. Boudot, "Stress Corrosion Cracking of Pressurizer Nozzles in French 1300 MW(e) units," (Proceedings Fontevraud II, France, 1994) SFEN, Paris, (1994).
- EPRI-1009801, Materials Reliability Program (MRP), "Resistance to Primary Water Stress Corrosion Cracking of Alloys 690, 52, and 152 in Pressurized Water Reactors," (MRP-111), EPRI, Palo Alto, CA, USA, (2004).
Supported by : KEPCO International Nuclear Graduate School (KINGS)