- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Estimating of Probability Distribution and Mean Life of Bridge Member for Effective Maintenance of the Bdrige
효율적인 고속도로 교량의 유지관리를 위한 교량 부재별 수명분포 및 평균수명 산정 방안 연구
- Received : 2016.03.25
- Accepted : 2016.05.13
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study found a proper parametric life distribution based on maintenance history data of each bridge member under the jurisdiction of the Korea Expressway Corporation for the past 10 years by introducing the concept of reliability and suggested a measure to calculate the mean life and reliability of each bridge member using the parameter obtained with the maximum-likelihood classification. As a result of analyzing the exponential distribution, weibull distribution and log normal distribution being utilized frequently in order to find the parametric life distribution type which well described the life data of each bridge member, it was found that the log normal distribution and weibull distribution described the characteristics of the relevant life data the best. As a result of calculating the mean life of each bridge member based on the estimated parameter, the average life of the steel bridge coating was 18.51 years which was the longest, followed by the bridge deck as 17.56 years. The mean life of the drainage facility and the bridge bearing were 12.27 years and 12.57 years respectively, showing the shortest life.
Bridge Member;Suvival Analysis;Bridge Management System;Mean Life;Probability Distribution
- Ahn, J., Park, J., Lee, D., and Lee, M (2012). "A Study on Asset Valuation Method for Road Facilities Maintenance" Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 13(4), pp. 141-151. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2012.13.4.141
- Bae, D. S., and Jeon, Y. L. (1999). "Reliability Analysis" ARKHE.
- Do, M. S., and Kim, J. H. (2009). "Asset Evaluation Method for Road Pavement Considering Life Cycle Cost" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 29(1D), pp. 63-72.
- Do, M. S. (2010). "Estimation of Mean Life and Reliability of Highway Pavement Based on Reliability Theory" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 30(5), pp. 497-504.
- Do, M. S., and Kwon, S. A. (2010). "Selection of Probability Distribution of Pavement Life Based on Reliability Method" Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, 12(1), pp. 61-69.
- Do, M., Kwon, S., and Back, B. (2012). "Necessity of the Decision Making System for Efficient Road Management" KSRE J. of Road Engineering, 12(4), pp. 23-31.
- Do, M., Kwon, S., Lee, S., and Kim, Y. (2014). "Development of the Decision-Making System for National Highway Pavement Management" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 34(2), pp. 645-654. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.2.0645
- FHWA (2006). 2006 Status of the Nation's Highways, Bridges, and Transit: Conditions & performance, US DOT.
- Hong, T., Chung, S. Han, S., and Lee, S. (2006). "Service life estimation of concrete bridge decks" KSCE J. of Civil Engineering, 10(4), pp. 233-241. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02830777
- Hudson, W., Hass, R. and Uddin, W. (1997). Infrastructure Management, McGraw Hill.
- Kang, J., Lee, D., Park, J., and Lee, M. (2012). "A Study on Development of BIM-based Asset Management Model for Maintenance of the Bridge" Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 13(5), pp. 3-11.
- KICT (2010). Annual Research Report of the National Highway Pavement Management System 2009.
- Kim, S., and Kim, N. (2006). "Development of performance prediction models in flexible pavement using regression analysis method" KSCE J. of Civil Engineering, 10(2), pp. 91-96. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02823926
- KEC (2012). Pavement Management and Maintenance Manual.
- KEC (2010). Exposure Environment Level Manual.
- KEC (2011). "A Review of Performance Grade Level Standard of Asphalt"
- Kwon, S. W., Jung, K. Y., and Seo, Y. C. (2002). "A Study on Decision Criteria of traffic volumes for Choosing of Modified Asphalt Pavement in Korea National Highway" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 4(3), pp. 25-33.
- Lee, Y., Kim, Y., and Lee, M. (2014). "Basic Study for Effective Management of Repairable Bridge" Proceedings of KICEM Annual Conference 2014, KICEM, pp. 2287-6065.
- Loizos, A. and Karlaftis, M. G. (2005). "Prediction of pavement crack initiation from in-service pavements: A duration model approach" J. of the Transportation Research Board, 1940, TRB, pp. 38-42. https://doi.org/10.3141/1940-05
- Louisiana DOT (2015). "Transportation Asset Management Plan"
- Minnesota DOT (2014). "Transportation Asset Management Plan"
- NewYork DOT (2014). "Transportation Asset Management Plan"
- MOLIT (2011). "Statistics Annual Report"
- MOLIT (2013). "Korea Highway Capacity Manual
- Seo, Y., Kim, J., Jeong, K. and Lee, K. (2000). "Development of the Main Algorithm of Pavement Management System for the Korea Expressway System" Proceedings of the KSRE Conference 2000, pp. 133-138.
- TRB, NCHRP Report 632 (2009). "An Asset-Management Framework for the Interstate Highway System" Transportation Research Board.
- Paterson, W. D. O. (1987). "Road Deterioration and Maintenance Effects, World bank Publications" Washington, USA.
- Park, K., Song, J., and Hwang, Y (2014). "Bridge Management System Considering Life-Cycle Cost and Performance of Bridges" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 62(6), pp. 10-15.
- Park, D., Lim, J., and Nam, K (2006). "Life Distribution Concepts and Applications for Engineers" Youngji Publishers.
- Park, J., Jo, N., Lee, J., Lee, D., Chae, M., and Kim, K . (2011). "Comparative Analysis of Asset Management in Highway considering LoS - Comparing FHWA vs EX" Proceedings of the KICEM Conference 2011, KICEM, pp. 185-186.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 국토교통부