- Volume 17 Issue 4
Korean Government is implementing green remodeling projects on existing buildings and structures in a way of promoting low carbon green growth. However, the current regulations and systems do not clearly define the scopes and contents of the green remodeling. Also, the lack of the inducement measure is another reason of the low engagement of the private enterprises to the green remodeling business. Therefore, this study proposes a tax exemption plan to promote green remodeling business implementation, with the consideration on practical applicability. And the proposed plan was applied to the green remodeling pilot project case in2 014 and the effect was quantitatively analyzed. The result is expected to be used as a base data to improve the tax exemption benefit system to invigorate green remodeling later.
Green Remodeling;Tax Exemption;Pilot Project;Case Study;Post Opening Project Evaluation
- Bae, J., Chung, Y., and Yoon, C. (2005). "The Study on the Improvement Plans of the Apartment Housing Remodeling System" Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 21(6), pp. 31-41.
- Building Act (2015).
- Energy Performance Improvement Regulation on Existing Buildings (2015).
- Enforcement Decree of Restriction of Special Taxation Act (2015).
- Green Buildings Creation Support Act (2015).
- Green Growth Korea (2009). National Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Roadmap 2020.
- Jung, S. and Yu, J. (2015). "Method of Evaluating Green Value for Activating Green Remodeling Project" Annual Conference of Architectural Institute of Korea, 35(2), pp. 143-144.
- KB Research. (2014). "Status and activation on Green Remodeling" KB Viamin of Knowledge, 14(95).
- Kim, Y., and Lee, C. (2001). "Improvement Scheme of System for Apartment Housing Remodeling Activity" Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 2(1), pp. 57-67.
- Korea Infrastructure Safety Corporation (KISTEC) (2015). White paper on public pilot project in 2014 for Activating Green Remodeling, 2015-06.
- Lee, S., Park. J., Shin, M., and An S. (2015). "Policy Recommendation to Improve the Local Tax Relif Operations - Knowledge Industrial Center and Disaster Field-" Research Report of Korea Institute of Local Finance, 8, pp. 1-78.
- Lee, Y., Koo, B., and Lee, K. (2015). "A Study on Policy Alternatives for Activating Green Remodeling of the Existing Building" Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, 9(2), pp. 151-156.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2015). Government Figures.
- Municipal Ordinance of Seoul Green Building Creation Support Act (2015).
- Noh, K., Hwang, U., Lee, J., and Kim, Y. (2010). "A Study on the Application of Zero Rate of V.A.T. to National Housing Supply and Construction Service" Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 11(2), pp. 64-73.
- Park, K. (2012). "Impact Analysis of Climate Change on Energy Consumption" Research Report of Korea Energy Economics Institute.
- Restriction of Special Taxation Act (2015).
- Seoul Green Building Designing Standard (2015).
- Seoul Green Building Creation Support Act (2015).
- Yoon, C. (2006). "A Study on the Reduction of VAT about E-Commerce" Advanced Commercial Law Review, 36, pp. 66-84.
- Yoon, Y. (2007). "Business Prospect and Policy Recommendation on the Apartment Remodeling" Review of Architecture and Building Science, 51(12), pp. 14-17.