- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Linkage of Agricultural Research and Extension in Paraguay - Interview to Key Actors -
파라과이 농업연구와 지도의 연계 - 핵심 담당자 인터뷰 -
- Received : 2016.05.15
- Accepted : 2016.06.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
The linkages between agricultural research and extension are important to enhance farmers' competence. The objectives of the study were to explore the linkage between research and extension for the family farm. Data including quantitative and qualitative were obtained from the key actors about the public management regarding linkage which were the method, the topic of the agricultural technology dissemination, and the agricultural research topics. Results show that the main structural problems of the agricultural technology dissemination were technical support services, credit services, and farm planning and infrastructure deficit. Furthermore, as for the topics or content of agricultural technology dissemination, organic agriculture, soil management and conservation, agricultural credit, organizational strengthening, marketing, participatory research, dissemination of technology, equipment, infrastructure and agricultural mechanization were preferred.
agricultural research and extension;Paraguay
- Agbamu, J. U. (2000). Agricultural research-extension linkage systems: An international perspective. Agricultural Research and Extension Network, Network Paper No 106, 1-7.
- Deneke, T. T., & Gulti, D. (2016). Agricultural research and extension linkages in the Amhara Region, Ethiopia. In Deneke, T. T. & Gulti, D. Agricultural research and extension linkages in the Amhara Region, Ethiopia (pp. 113-124). Springer. http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-319-25718-1_7
- Juana Caballero. (2015). Enhancing Agricultural Technology Dissemination System for Small Farmers in Paraguay. 2015 KAPEX Workshop. Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Kaimowitz, D. (1991). The evolution of links between research and extension in developing countries. In Rivera, W. M. & Gustafsn, D. J. Agricultural extension: Worldwide institutional evolution and forces for change (pp. 101-112). New York: Elsevier.
- Kassa, B. (2008). Agricultural research and extension linkage in Ethiopia: A histrorical survey. Haromaya University, Ethiopia: Dire Dawa.
- Kyomo, M. L. (2016). Importance of strong researchextension linkages in increasing livestock production in sub-Saharan Africa. www.fao.org/Wairdocs/ILRI/x5485e06.htm
- Lee, Y. J. (2015). The Current Status of Paraguay Agriculture and Its Implication (Korean). KREI World Agriculture, 173, 65-79.
- MAXZA S. A. Consultancy. (2015). Preliminary report: Diagnosis about agricultural extension and research in Paraguay. Asuncion, Paraguay: Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock.
- Maykell Leite Da Costa, Andrea Cristina Dorr, Jaqueline Carla Guse. (2011). How to increase the competitiveness of small soybean farmers in Paraguay, Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, 11(3), 55-68
- Ministero de Agricultura y Ganaderia / SIGEST. (2013). Marco Estrategico Agrario Directrices Basicas 2014/2018.
- Ministero de Agricultura y Ganaderia. (2010). Programa de Apoyo a la Produccion y Comercializacion de Hortalizas del Paraguay 2010-2014.
- Ministero de Agricultura y Ganaderia. (2010). Programa de Fomento de la Produccion de Alimentos por la Agricultura Familiar 2010-2020.
- Ministero de Agricultura y Ganaderia. (2014). Plan Estrategico Institucional 2014-2018.
- Roling, N. (1990). The agricultural research-technology transfer interface. A knowledge systems perspective. In Kaimowitz, D. (ed.). Making the link. Agricultural research and technology transfer in developing countries. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Van den Ban, A. W., & Hawkins, H. S. (1997). Agricultural extension. Cambridge, MA: Blackwell Science.