- Volume 58 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of SWAT Model Applicability for Runoff Estimation in Nam River Dam Watershed
남강댐 상류 소유역의 유출량 추정을 위한 SWAT 모형의 적용성 평가
- Received : 2016.02.19
- Accepted : 2016.06.28
- Published : 2016.07.31
The objective of this study was to evaluate the applicability of SWAT (Soil and Water Assessment Tool) model for runoff estimation in the Nam river dam watershed. Input data for the SWAT model were established using spatial data (land use, soil, digital elevation map) and weather data. The SWAT model was calibrated and validated using observed runoff data from 2003 to 2014 for three stations (Sancheong, Shinan, Changchon) within the study watershed. The
SWAT model;Nam river dam watershed;runoff;hydrology statistics
- Green, W. H. and G. A. Ampt, 1911. Studies on soil physics, 1. the flow of air and water through soils. Journal of Agricultural Sciences 4: 11-24.
- Jung, J. Y., B. S. Kang, and Y. K. Cha, 2007. Separation of baseflow using antecedent recession requirement and estimation of representative unit hydrograph by the Nash model. Proceedings of Korea Water Resources Association 1762-1767 (in Korean).
- Jung, Y. H., C. G. Jung, S. W. Jung, J. Y. Park, and S. J. Kim, 2012. Estimation of upstream ungauged watershed streamflow using downstream discharge data. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(6): 169-176 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.6.169
- Kang, M. S., S. K. Yang, W. Y. Jung, and D. S. Kim, 2013. Characteristics of runoff on southern area of Jeju island, Korea. Journal of environmental science international 22(5): 591-597 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.591
- Kim, K., J. H. Kim, C. K. Park, 1997. Pesticide runoff from soil surface by rainfall. Korean Journal of Environmenral Agriculture 16(3): 274-284 (in Korean).
- Kim, P. W., 2012. A Study on simulation on runoff and pollution load of Namgang-dam basin using SWAT model. Master's thesis, Gyeongnam University (in Korean).
- Kim, S. M., S. J. Kim, and S. M. Kim, 2012. A comparative study of unit hydrograph models for flood runoff estimation for the streamflow stations in Namgang-dam watershed. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 54(3): 65-74 (in Korean).
- Lee, J. M., Y. D. Kim, B. S. Kang, and H. S. Yi, 2012. Impact of climate change on runoff in Namgang dam watershed. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 45(6): 517-529 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2012.45.6.517
- Lee, Y. J., 2011. Application of SWAT for estimating daily inflow of Jinyang reservoir. Master's thesis, Changwon University (in Korean).
- Moon, J. P., and T. C. Kim, 2006. Streamflow estimation for subbasins of Gap stream watershed by using SWAT2000 model. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 48(5):29-38 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2006.48.5.029
- Neitsch, S. L., J. G. Arnold, J. R. Kiniry, and J. R. Williams Grassland, 2009. Soil and water assessment tool theoretical documentation version 2009. Soil and Water Research Laboratory-Agricultural Research Service Blackland Research Center-Texas AgriLife Research.
- Park, J. Y., M. J. Park, S. R. Ahn, and S. J. Kim, 2009. Watershed modeling for assessing climate change impact on stream water quality of Chungju dam watershed. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 42(10): 877-889 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2009.42.10.877
- Soil Conservation Service. 1972. Section 4: Hydrology in national engineering handbook. SCS.
Supported by : Gyeongsang National University