- Volume 58 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Stability Evaluation of Armor Stones in the Seadike of Incoming High Waves - Focused on Saemangeum Seadike -
고파랑이 내습하는 방조제 피복석의 안정성 평가 - 새만금방조제를 중심으로 -
Son, Jae Gwon;Goh, Nam Young;Kim, Duk Gu;Park, Seol Hwa
- Received : 2016.03.31
- Accepted : 2016.07.27
- Published : 2016.07.31
This study is on the stability re-evaluation of armor stones in saemangum seadike according to recently increased sea-level and frequent high wave incoming and the results are in the following. The field inspection of armor stones in the seadike revealed that damages of armor stones have been caused by higher waves than designed waves and that the reconstruction of armor stones and concrete grouting method have been used as the reinforcement work. The result of numerical simulation of wave channel conducted to estimate the safety weight of armor stones influenced by flows revealed that the safety weight of armor stones in the seadike No.4 was estimated as 5.47 tons by using the Isbash method, which is about 122 % more than 4.49 tons estimated by using Van der Meer method. Therefore, in designing armor stones which can be influenced by high waves such as the case of Saemangum seadike, it is necessary to apply the safety weight method of armor stones, based on the Isbash method, which produced the significant figures among the safety weight methods using flows as well as the safety weight method using high waves based on the Hudson method.
seadike;armor stone;safety weight;high wave
- Baek, seung cheol, Lee, so yeul, 2011, Study on movement features of seaside armor stones according to wave in saemangum sea dike, Korean geo-environmental society 12-7 (in Korean).
- Coastal Engineering Research Center(CERC), 1984, Shore Pretection Manual, Department of Army Corps of Engineers.
- Goh, N. Y., H. W. Kim, J. K. Choi, T. I. Jang, J. G. Son, 2015, Abrasion Characteristics of Seaside Armor Stones of Seadike, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 57(5): 19-27 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2015.57.5.019
- Hirt, C. W., B. D. Nichols, 1991, Volume of Fluid(VOF) Method for the Dynamics of Free Boundaries, Journal of Computational Physics 39: 201.
- Hudson. R.Y. 1959, Laboratory investigation of rubble-mound breakwater, Proc. ASCE 85(3): 93-121.
- Isbash, S. 1935, Construction of Dams by Dumping Stones into Flowing Water, Rep., U.S. Army Engineering District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Eastport, Maine.
- Komen, G.J., L. Cavaleri, M. Donelan, K. Hasselmann, S. Hasselmann, and P.A.E.M. Janssen, 1994: Dynamics and Modelling of Ocean Waves, Cambridge University Press, 532.
- Korea ocean research & development institude (KORDI), 2005, Deep waters design wave estimation report II (in Korean).
- Korea rural community corporation(KRC), 2009, Report of Tideland reclamation 3-10 (in Korean).
- Korea rural community corporation(KRC), 2011, Study of abrasion proection of seaside armor stones of saemangeum seadike (in Korean).
- Korea rural community corporation(KRC), 2015, Study of saemangeum no. 1, 4 seadike bottom protection reinforcement construction test (in Korean).
- Ministry of oceans and fisheries, 2005, Harbor and fishing port design criteria (in Korean).
- Numerical wave channel committee, 2003, Research and development of numerical wave channel (in Korean).
- Son, J. G., N. Y. Goh, J. K. Choi, H. W. Kim, 2013, Analysis on the Cause of Abrasion according to Deformation Types of Seaside Armor Stones in Saemangeum Seadike, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 55(6): 187-196 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.6.187
- The SWAN team, 2013, SWAN Cycle III version 40.91A. Technical documentation, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, 2003, Coastal Engineering Manual(C.E.M).
- Van der Meer J.W., 1987, Stability of breakwater amour layer-Design formulae, Coastal Engineering 11: 219-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3839(87)90013-5
- Wesseling, P., An introduction to multigrid methods, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1992.
Supported by : 한국농어촌공사