- Volume 27 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on Cognitive Engine Platform Based on the Spectrum Sharing for the Military Tactical Communications
군 전술 통신에서의 주파수 공동사용 기반 인지엔진 플랫폼 연구
- Received : 2016.06.02
- Accepted : 2016.07.04
- Published : 2016.08.01
This paper proposes a cognitive engine platform that enables dynamic spectrum access(DSA) based on a spectrum sharing system for the military tactical network environment. The current military tactical wireless communication system is increasing need to secure a supplementary wireless spectrum to ensure that multiple wireless networks for different weapon systems co-exist, so that tactical wireless communication between the same or different systems can be operated effectively. This paper examined policy development and research activities engaged by the U.S. and European countries on wireless spectrum sharing to secure more spectrum. It also introduces the current status of cognitive engine development, which is the core technology of tactical wireless communication for DSA. In addition, based on the investigation performed into the latest trends, we propose a platform structure for a cognitive engine based on a spectrum sharing method where more frequencies can be added for tactical radio communication, so that DSA can be realized, and wireless networks of different weapon systems can co-exist.
Military Tactical Communication;Spectrum Sharing;Cognitive Engine;Integrated Policy Engine;REM
- 미래창조과학부, 무선데이터 트래픽 통계(2015년 7월말 기준), 2015년 8월.
- Cisco, "Cisco visual networking index: Global mobile data traffic forecast update, 2013-2018", Feb. 2014.
- Tom Meccia, Joint Spectrum Center, DISA(A Combat Support Agency).
- 전자신문, NCW 위한 무기체계 주파수 확보 시급...합참, 주파수 연구 착수, 2013년 6월.
- FCC, "Connecting america: The national broadband plan", Mar. 2010.
- The White House, "Presidential memorandum: unleashing the wireless broadband revolution", Jun. 2010.
- NTIA, "Second Interim Progress Report on the Ten-Year Plan and Timetable", NTIA Progress Report, Oct. 2011.
- PCAST, "Report to the president realizing the full potential of government-held spectrum to spur economic growth", Jul. 2012.
- FCC 14-49, "Further notice of proposed rulemaking", Apr. 2014.
- Official FCC Blog, "Creating a "Model city to test spectrum sharing technologies", Jul. 2014.
- FCC, "Model city for demonstrating and evaluating advanced sharing technologies", NTIA & FCC Joint Public Notice, Jul. 2014.
- ECO, "WAPECS: Flexibility vs. Harmonization", CEPT Workshop 2011, 28 Feb. 2011.
- Qualcomm, "Authorized shared access: An evolutionary spectrum access for sustainable economic growth and consumer benefit", Presentation at the WG FM-17, May 2011.
- E. Faussurier, "Licensed Shared Access(LSA): Regulatory aspects", Sep. 2013.
- CEPT ECC, "Licensed Shared Access(LSA)", ECC Report 205, Feb. 2014.
- ETSI, "Electromagnetic compatibility and radio spectrum matters(ERM); System reference document(SRdoc); frequency band under Licensed Shared Access regime", ETSI TR 103 113 v1.1.1, Jul. 2013.
- W. Cardoso, "LSA-Technology architecture, standardization and regulatory update", May 2014.
- M. Gundlach, "Overview of LSA activities in ETSI", EUCNC 2014, Jun. 2014.
- 방송통신위원회, "모바일 광개토 플랜 추진을 위한 주파수 정책방향", The 22nd High-Speed Network Workshop 2012, 2012년 1월.
- 미래창조과학부 보도자료, 미래부, 모바일 광개토플랜 2.0 확정, 2013년 12월.
- 미래창조과학방송통신위원장, "전파법 일부개정법률안(대안)", 의안번호 13292, 2014년 12월.
- George F. Elmasry, "The progress of tactical radios from legacy systems to cognitive radios", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 10, issue 10, Oct. 2013.
- BBN Technologies, XG Working Group, XG Vision RFC v2.0.
- DARPA, Wireless Network after Next, Proposer Information Pamphlet, available at: http://www.darpa.mil/sto/solicitations/WNaN/pip.htm
- Filip Perich, "Policy-based network management for NeXt generation spectrum access control", Dyspan 2007, Apr. 2007.
- SRI Project No. 16763, Cognitive Policy Radio Language(CoRaL), A Language for Spectrum Policies XG Policy Language, Version 0.1, Apr. 2007.
- Mark McHenry, "Adaptive spectrum technology: Findings from the DARPA XG project software radio summit", Feb. 2007.
- Mark McHenry, Karl Steadman, Alexe E. Leu, and Ed Melick, "XG DSA radio system", Dyspan 2008, Oct. 2008.
- Hamed Asadi, Haris Volos, Michael M. Marefat, and Tamal Bose, "Metacognitive radio engine design and standardization", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 33, issue 4, Apr. 2015.
- Hamed Asadi, Haris Volos, Michael M. Marefat, and Tamal Bose, "Metacognition and the next generation of cognitive radio engines", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, issue 1, Jan. 2016.
- 최주평, 이원철, "주파수 공동사용을 위한 최적의 후보대역 선정방안 연구", 한국전자파학회논문지, 25(1), 2014년 10월.
- Plum Consulting, "The economic benefits of LSA in 2.3 GHz in Europe", Study for Ericsson, NSN and Qualcomm, Dec. 2013.
- Deloitte, "The impact of licensed shared use of spectrum", A Report for the GSM Association, Jan. 2014.
- Bart Scheers, Austin Mahoney and Hans Akermark, "A realistic roadmap for the introduction of dynamic spectrum management in military tactical radio communication", MCC 2012, Oct. 2012.
- Serhan Yarkan and Huseyin Arslan, "Exploiting location awareness toward improved wireless system design in cognitive radio", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 46, issue 1, Jan. 2008.
- Youping Zhao, Shiwen Mao, James O. Neel and Jeffrey H. Reed, "Performance evaluation of cognitive radios: Metrics, utility functions, and methodology", Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 97, no. 4, Apr. 2009.
- H. Birkan Yilmaz, Tuna Tugcu, Fatih Alagoz, and Suzan Bayhan, "Radio environment map as enabler for practical cognitive radio networks", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 51, issue 12, Dec. 2013.
Supported by : 한국연구재단