- Volume 27 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
2D Microwave Image Reconstruction of Breast Cancer Detection for Breast Types
유방 조직형태에 따른 유방암 진단 2차원 마이크로파 영상복원
- Received : 2016.05.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.18
- Published : 2016.08.01
This paper presents a tumor detection for breast cancer that utilizes two-dimensional(2D) image reconstruction with microwave tomographic imaging. The breast cancer detection system under development consists of 16 transmit/receive antennas, and the microwave tomography system operates at 1,700 MHz. The four types of breast(ED-, HD-, SC-, and FT-type) are used for image reconstruction. To solve a 2D inverse scattering problem, the method of moments(MoM) is employed for forward problem solving, and the simplex method employed as an optimization algorithm. The results of the reconstructed image show that the ED- and HD-types of breasts are well reconstructed, but SC- and FT-type breasts are not well because of the error including.
Breast Cancer Detector;Microwave Tomography;Image Reconstruction
- P. M. Meaney, K. D. Paulsen, and T. P. Ryan, "Two-dimensional hybrid element image reconstruction for TM illumination", IEEE Trans. Ant. and Prop., vol. 43, pp. 239-247, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.371992
- S. C. Hagness, A. Taflove, and J. E. Bridges, "Two-dimensional FDTD analysis of a pulsed microwave confocal system for breast cancer detection: Fixed-focus and antenna-array sensors", IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1470-1479, Dec. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/10.730440
- P. M. Meaney, K. D. Paulsen, M. W. Fanning, and A. Hartov, "Nonactive antenna compensation for fixed-array microwave imaging: Part II-Imaging results", IEEE Trans. Med. Imag., vol. 18, pp. 508-518, Jun. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.781016
- P. M. Meaney, M. W. Fanning, D. Li, S. P. Poplack, and K. D. Paulsen, "A clinical prototype for active microwave imaging of the breast", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 48, pp.1841-1853, Nov. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.883861
- E. C. Fear, M. A. Stuchly, "Microwave detection of breast cancer", IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 48, pp. 1854-1863, Nov. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.883862
- Y. Chen, E. Gunawan, K. S. Low, S. C. Wang, C. B. Soh, and L. L. Thi, "Time of arrival data fusion method for two-dimensional ultrawideband breast cancer detection", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 2852-2865, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2007.905868
- 김보라, 이택경, 손성호, 전순익, "의용 전자파 영상을 위한 모멘트법 순방향 해석 알고리즘", 한국전자파학회논문지, 20(8), pp. 797-805, 2009년 8월.
- 서민경, 김태홍, 문지연, 전순익, 백정기, "LMA와 FDTD를 이용한 유방암 진단용 알고리즘 연구", 한국전자파학회논문지, 22(12), pp. 1124-1131, 2011년 12월.
- K. -C. Kim, B. -D. Cho, T. -H. Kim, J. -M. Lee, S. -I. Jeon, and J. -K. Pack, "2D microwave image reconstruction of breast cancer detector using a simplex method and method of moments", Journal of KIEES, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1-9, Dec. 2010.
Grant : 전자파 이용 조기진단 고정밀 MT 시스템 개발
Supported by : 정보통신기술연구진흥센터