- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Value of Reward Program on Loyalty Strengthening and Transference -Focusing on Reward Program of Performance Art/Exhibition-
보상프로그램의 가치가 충성도 강화 및 전이에 미치는 영향 -공연예술/전시장의 고객보상프로그램을 중심으로-
- Received : 2016.03.09
- Accepted : 2016.05.30
- Published : 2016.07.28
This study aims to investigate and measure the effectiveness between the value of the reward program and loyalty of the reward program as well as its influential transference effect of the loyalty of the entity (theater or exhibition) via investigating both its behavioral loyalty and attitudinal loyalty effectiveness. As a result, higher value of reward program increases the level of loyalty of the reward program. Key results were found that the behavioral loyalty positively influences the loyalty of the theatre/exhibition -the operator the loyalty program since the behavior loyalty requires participatory engagement, the reward program becoming a stimulator acting as a valuable component to drive consumer's revisit. However the attitudinal loyalty effectiveness was not as effectives as the behavioral loyalty since consumers tend to perceive a reward program as an informative beneficial tool rather than an emotionally engaging platform.
- 문화체육관광부, 2014공연예술실태조사, 2014.
- R. Ferguson and K. Hlavinka, Quo Vadis: Sizing Up the U.S. Loyalty Marketing Industry, Milford, OH: Colloquy, 2007.
- J. Cigliano, M. Georgiadis, D. Pleasance, and S. Whalley, "The Price of Loyalty," The McKinsey Quarterly, Vol.4, pp.68-77, 2000.
- L. O'Brien and C. Jones, "Do Rewards Really Create Loyalty?," Harvard Business Review, Vol.73, No.May/June, pp.75-86, 1995.
- M. D. Uncles, G. R. Dowling, and K. Hammond "Customer Loyalty and Customer Loyalty Programs," Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.20, No.4, pp.294-316, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760310483676
- R. Kivetz and I. Simonson, "Earning the Right to Indulge: Effort as a Determinant of Customer Preferences Toward Frequency Program Rewards," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.39, No.May, pp.155-170, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.220.127.116.1184
- A. W. Magi, "Share of Wallet in Retailing: The Effects of Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty Cards and Shopper Characteristics," Journal of Retailing, Vol.109, No.2, pp.1-11, 2003.
- A. H. Liu and R. Yang, "Competing Loyalty Programs: Impact of Market Saturation, Market Share, and Category Expandability," Journal of Marketing, Vol.73, No.January, pp.93-108, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.73.1.93
- B. Sharp and A. Sharp, "Loyalty Programs and their Impact in Repeat-purchase Loyalty Patterns," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.12, pp.473-486, 1997.
- Y. J. Yi and H. Jeon, "Effects of Loyalty Programs on Value Perception, Program Loyalty, and Brand Loyalty," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.31, No.3, pp.229-240, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070303031003002
- R. N. Bolton, P. K. Kannan, and M. D. Bramlett, "Implications of Loyalty Program Membership and Service Experiences for Customer Retention and Value," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.28, No.1, pp.95-108, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281009
- V. Kumar and D. R. Reinartz, Customer Relationship Management: A Database Approach, New York: Wiley, 2005.
- D. R. Bell and R. Lal, "The Impact of Frequent Shopper Programs in Grocery Retailing," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Vol.1, No.2, pp.179-202, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024682529912
- G. A. Taylor and S. A, Neslin, "The Current and Future Sales Impact of a Retail Frequency Reward Program," Journal of Retailing, Vol.81, No.4, pp.293-305, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2004.11.004
- I. Ajzen and M. Fishbein, Understanding Attitudes and Predicting Social Behavior, Englewood-Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1980.
- J. C. Anderson and J. A. Narus, "Business Marketing: Understanding What Customer Value Is," Harvard Business Review, No.November-December, 1998.
- K. P. Corfman and D. R. Lehmann, "Values, Utility, and Ownership: Modeling the Relationships for Consumer Durables," Journal of Retailing, Vol.67, pp.184-204, 1991.
- W. B. Dodds, K. B. Monroe, and D. Grewal, "Effect of Price, Brand, and Store Information on Buyer's Product Evaluations," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.28, pp.307-319, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866
- D. J. Flint, R. B. Woodruff, and S. F. Gardial, "Customer Value Change in Industrial Marketing Relationships," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.26, pp.163-175, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(96)00112-5
- C. Gronroos and A. Ravald, "The Value Concept, and Relationship Marketing," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.30, pp.19-30, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569610106626
- V. A. Zeithaml, "Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality, Value: A Means-End Model Synthesis of Evidence," Journal of Marketing, Vol.52, pp.2-22, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- W. D. Neal and S. Bathe, "Using the Value Equation to Evaluate Campaign Effectiveness," Journal of Advertising Research, Vol.37, No.3, pp.80-85, 1997.
- F. S. Houston and J. B. Gassenheimer, "Marketing and Exchange," Journal of Marketing, Vol.51, No.4, pp.3-18, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251244
- J. R. Hauser and G. Urban, "The Value Priority Hypotheses for Consumer Budget Plans," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.12, pp.446-462, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1086/208529
- K. B. Monroe, Pricing Making Profitable Decisions, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 1991.
- J. Baker, A. Parasuraman, D. Grewal, and G. B. Voss, "The Influence of Multiple Store Environment Cues on Perceived Merchandise Value and Patronage Intentions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.66, No.2, pp.120-141, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16870
- T. Chang and A. R. Wildt, "Price, Product Information, and Purchase Intention: An Empirical Study," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.4, pp.16-27, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394221002
- D. B. Grisaffe and A. Kumar "Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Value: Testing an Expanded Framework," MSI Working Paper Report, Marketing Science Institute, Cambridge, MA, pp.98-107, 1998.
- E. Mansfield, J. Rapoport, A. Romeo, S. Wagner, and G. Beardsley, "Social and Private Rates of Return from Industrial Innovation," Quarterly Journal of Economics, Vol.91, No.2, pp.221-240, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/1885415
- R. L. Oliver, Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on the Consumer, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, New York, 1997.
- R. P. Brody and S. M. Cunningham, "Personality Variables and the Consumer Decision Process?," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.10, pp.50-57, 1968.
- R. E. Du Wors and G. H. Haines, "Event History Analysis Measures of Brand Loyalty," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.27(November), pp.485-493, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172633
- A. S. Dick and K. Basu, "Customer Loyalty : Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp.99-133, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- M. P. Protchard, D. R. Haward, and M. E. Havitz, "Loyalty Measurement: A Critical Examination and Theoretical Extension," Leisure Sciences: An Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol.14. No.2, pp.155-164, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/01490409209513164
- J. B. Jacoby and R. W. Chestnut, Brand Loyalty, New York: John Wiley, 1978.
- 김종근, 김향미, 이종호, "PL의 브랜드확장이 소비자태도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 -모브랜드 적합도 인식 차이의 조절효과를 중심으로 -," 유통연구, 제14권, 제4호, pp.1-27, 2011.
- R. Heider, The Psychology of Interpersonal Relations, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1958.
- J. Leenheer, H. J. Heerde, T. H. A. Bijmilt, and A. Smitdts, "Do Loyalty Programs Really Enhance Behavioral Loyalty? An Empirical Analysis Accounting for Self-Selecting Members," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.24, No.1, pp.31-47, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2006.10.005
- R. F. Baumeister and M. R. Leary, "The Need to Belong: Desire for Interpersonal Attachments as a Fundamental Human Motivation," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.117, No.3, pp.497-529, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.117.3.497
- F. M. Feinberg, A. Krishna, and Z. J. Zhang, "Do We Care What Others Get? A Behaviorist Approach to Targeted Promotions," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.39, No.3, pp.277-291, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.39.3.277.19108
- M. E. Porter, Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors, New York: The Free Press, 1980.
- J. W. Thibaut and H. Kelley, The Social Psychology of Groups, New York; Wiley, 1959.
- A. Chaudhuri and M. B. Holbrook, "The Chain of Effects from Brand Trust and Brand Affect to Brand Performance: The Role of Brand Loyalty," Journal of Marketing, Vol.65, No.2, pp.81-93, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.12455
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error: Algebra and Statistics," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.3, pp.382-388, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150980
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. J. Yi, "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.16, No.1, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- K. Joreskog and D. Sorbom, LISREL 8: Structural Modeling with the SIMPLIS Command Language, Chicago: Scientific Software International, 1993.