- Volume 5 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Digital Blood Pressure Estimation with the Differential Value of the Arterial Pulse Waveform
맥파의 차동값에 의한 디지털 방식의 혈압 추정 기법
- Received : 2016.04.04
- Accepted : 2016.06.08
- Published : 2016.06.30
We proposed the new method to estimate the blood pressure with the differential value of the digital arterial pulse waveform and BP relation equation. To get the digital arterial pulse waveform, we use the arterial pulse waveform measurement system that has digital air-pressure sensor device and smart phone. The acquired digital arterial pulse waveforms are classified as hypertension group, normal group, and hypotension group, and we can derive the average differential value between the highest point and lowest point of a single waveform of individuals along with the group. In this study, we found the functional correlation between the blood pressure and differential value as a form of BP relation equation through the regression process on the average of differential value and blood pressure value from a tonometer. The Experimental results show the BP relation equation can give easy blood pressure estimation method with a high accuracy. Although this estimation method has over 66 % error rate and does not give the high level of the accuracy for the diastolic compares to the commercial tonometer, the estimation results for the systolic show the high accuracy that has less than 10 % error rate.
Digital Arterial Pulse Waveform;Blood Pressure Measurement;Differential Value;BP Relation Equation;Non-Kortokoff Method
- K. Barbe and W. V. Moer, "An Innovative Oscillometric Blood Pressure Measurement: Getting Rid of the Traditional Envelope," in Proceedings of the 2012 Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), IEEE Conference Publications, 2012.
- B. Williams, "Achieving Blood Pressure Control in Clinical Practice," Journal of the American Society of Hypertension, Vol.2, No.4, pp.10-15, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jash.2008.03.009
- Y. Gen, O. Nariaki, S. Gaku, A. Daisaku, S. Shibata, U. Satoshi, and T. Osamu, "Effects of Perindopril on 24-H Blood Pressure in Pypertensive Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy," American Journal of Hypertension, Vol.17, No.5, 2004.
- T. Osamu, K. Yoshihiro, Y. Youji, and T. Ikuo, "Noninvasive Measurement of Baroreflex Sensitivity Index using an Indirect and Continuous Blood-Pressure Recorder," Japanese Heart Journal, Vol.27, No.6, pp.849-857, 2008.
- J. M. Kang, T. Yo, and H. C. Kim, "A Wrist-Worn Integrated Health Monitoring Instrument with a Tele-Reporting Device for Telemedicine and Telecare," IEEE Transactions on Instrument and Measurement, Vol.55, No.5, 2006.
- M. C. Ahn, J. G. Choi, I. H. Son, S. S. Lee, and K. H. Kim, "Estimated Blood Pressure Algorithm of Wrist Wearable Pulsimeter using by Hall Device," Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, Vol.20, No.3, pp.106-113, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2010.20.3.106
- W. Ryu, E. Kim, K. An, S. Woo, and Y Chang, "A Bluetooth based 5-HD Measurement System for u-Healthcare," International Journal of Control and Automation, Vol.6, No.1, pp.141-150, 2013.
- Y. D. Cha and G. Yoon, "Ubiquitous Health Monitoring System for Multiple Users using a Zigbee and WLAN Dual-Network," Telemedicine and e-Health, Vol.15 No.9, pp.891-897, Nov., 2009. https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2009.0049
- Y. Chang and B. Kim, "A Wireless ECG Measurement System based on Zigbee USN," The Korea Information Processing Society Transactions: Part C, Vol.18-C, No.3, pp.195-198, 2011.
- D. Nair, S-Y. Tan, H-W. Gan, S-F. Lim, J. Tan, M. Zhu, H. Gao, N-H Chua, W-L. Peh, and K-H. Mak, "The Use of Ambulatory Tonometric Radial Arterial Wave Capture to Measure Ambulatory Blood Pressure: The Validation of a Novel Wrist-Bound Device in Adults," Journal of Human Hypertension, Vol.22, No.3, pp.220-222, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1002306
- Y. Yoon, J. H. Choi, and G. Yoon, "Non-Constrained Blood Pressure Monitoring using ECG and PPG for Personal Healthcare," Journal of Medical Systems, Vol.33, No.4, pp. 261-266, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-008-9186-0
- W. Shin, Y. Cha, and G. Yoon, "ECG/PPG Integer Signal Processing for a Ubiquitous Health Monitoring System," Journal of Medical Systems, Vol.34, No.5, pp.891-898, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-009-9304-7
- G. Ray, J. Nawarskas, and J. Anderson, "Blood Pressure Monitoring Technique Impacts Hypertension Treatment," Journal of General Internal Medicine, Vol.27, No.6, pp. 623-629, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-011-1937-9
- B. Kim, W. Jin, S. H. Woo, and Y. Chang, "A New Approach on Digital Blood Pressure Measurement Method for u-Healthcare Systems," International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, Vol.7, No.1, pp.169-178, 2015.