- Volume 5 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Probability-Based Message Forwarding Scheme with Buffer Management for Spray and Wait Routing Protocol
Spray and Wait 라우팅을 위한 확률 기반의 메시지 전달 방안 및 버퍼 관리 방안
- Received : 2016.02.12
- Accepted : 2016.06.09
- Published : 2016.07.31
Delay Tolerant Network (DTN) is a network that employed method of store-carry-forward in intermittently connected networks. In DTNs, routing and buffer management scheme are important to improve successful message delivery. This paper proposes an improve spray and wait routing protocol based on delivery probability to a destination. Also, a buffer management scheme is proposed to drop the queued messages according to the number of copies (L value). Simulation results show that the proposed method provides a better delivery ratio and lower communication overhead when compared to existing schemes such as Epidemic, PRoPHET and spray and wait.
Delay Tolerant Network (DTN);Epidemic;PRoPHET;Spray and Wait;Buffer Management Policies
- Fall, Kevin, "A Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture for Challenged Internets," in Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM, Aug., 2003.
- V. Cerf, S. Burleigh, A. Hooke, L. Torgerson, R. Durst, K. Scott, K. Fall, and H. Weiss, "Delay-Tolerant Networking Architecture," IETF RFC 4838, Apr., 2007.
- E. P. C. Jones, L. Li, and P. A. S. Ward, "Routing strategies for delay tolerant networks," Submitted to Computer Communication Review (under review), 2008.
- A. McMahon and S. Farrell, "Delay and Disruption Tolerant Networking," IEEE Internet Computing, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 82-87, Nov., 2009.
- A. Vahdat and D. Becker, "Epidemic routing for partially-connected ad-hoc networks," Technical Report CS-2000-06, Duke University, 2000.
- J. Leguay, T. Friedman, and V. Conan, "Evaluating mobility pattern space routing for DTNs'," Proc. int. Conf. IEEE Infocom, pp.1-10, Barcelona, Spain, Apr., 2006.
- R. Ramanathan et al., "Prioritized Epidemic routing for opportunistic networks," in Proc. ACM MobiOpp, pp.62-66, Jun., 2007.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. Raghavendra, "Efficient routing in intermittently connected mobile networks: the multi-copy case," IEEE ACM Trans. Netw., pp.77-90, Feb., 2008.
- A. lindgren, A. Doria, and O. Schelen, "Probabilistic routing in intermittently connected networks," ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Comp. and Commun. Review., Vol.7, No.3 pp.19-20, Jul., 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/961268.961272
- J. Lebrun, C.-N. Chuah, D. Ghosal, and M. Zhang, "Knowledge-based opportunistic forwarding in vehicular wireless ad hoc networks," Proc. Int. Conf. IEEE Vehicular Technology, pp.2289-2293, Stockholm, Sweden, May, 2005.
- S. C. Nelson, M. Bakht, and R. Kravets, "Encounter-based routing in DTNs," Proc. Int. Conf. IEEE Computer Communications, pp.846-854, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April, 2009.
- K. Shin and D. Lee, "Fame-based probabilistic routing for delay-tolerant network," IEICE Trans. Commun., pp.1451-1458, 2010.
- T. Spyropoulos, K. Psounis, and C. S. Raghavendra, "Spray and Wait : an efficient routing scheme for intermittently connected mobile networks," in Proceedings of ACM Workshop on Delay Tolerant networking (WDTN), pp. 239-254, Aug., 2005.
- S. Lee and S. Lee, "Buffer management for Improving performance in WiMedia WLP-based mobile IP networks of ship area," J. KICS, Vol.40, No.06, pp.1208-1216, Jun., 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.6.1208
- The ONE [Internet], http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/dtn/theone/
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터, 한국연구재단