- Volume 40 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Prediction of Overriding Behavior Leading Vehicle in Train Collision
철도차량 충돌시 선두차량의 타고오름량 예측 연구
Kim, Jun Woo;Koo, Jeong Seo;Kim, Geo Young;Park, Jeong Pil
- Received : 2015.12.16
- Accepted : 2016.06.29
- Published : 2016.08.01
In this study, we derived an theoretical equation, using a simplified spring-mass model for the rolling stock, to obtain the overriding behavior of a leading vehicle, which is considered as the main factor in train accidents. To verify the derived equation, we created a simple 2D model based on the theoretical model, and a simple 3D model considering the characteristics of the power bogie. We then compared the theoretical results with the simulation results obtained using LS-DYNA. The maximum relative derivations in the vertical displacements at the first end-buffer, which is the most important point in overriding, were 3.5 [%] and 1.7 [%] between the two results. Further, we evaluated collision-induced overriding displacements using the theoretical equation for a rubber draft gear, a hydraulic buffer under various collision conditions. We have suggested a theoretical approach for the realization of overriding collision accidents or the energy absorption design of the front end of trains.
Overriding;Free-body Diagram;Theoretical Model;Leading Vehicle;Pitching
- Jung, H. S., Son, S. W., Kwon, T. S. and Kim, J. S., 2015, "Study on Computational Simulation of a Metro Collision Accident and Improvement of Passive Safety," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 9, pp. 885-892.
- Kwak, S. L., Park, C. W., Wang, J. B. and Cho, Y. O., 2012, "A Study on the Utilization of Railway Accident Data," Korean Society for Railway Autumn Conference, pp. 571-575.
- European Committee for Standardization, 2010, "The European Standard EN15227 : Railway Applications-Crashworthiness Requirement for Railway Vehicle Bodies".
- Han, H. S. and Koo, J. S., 2002, "Simulation of Train Crashes in Three Dimensions," Journal of Korean Soc. Railway, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 116-124.
- Kim, G. Y., Koo, J. S. and Kwon, T. S., 2011, "Study on a 2-Dimensional Dynamic Modeling Technique to Analyze the Overriding Phenomena of Rolling Stock," Journal of Korean Soc. Railway, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 11-18. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.11
- Micahael, C., Karina, J., Partricia, L., Kristine, S., Benjamin, P. and David, T., 2011, "Technical Criteria and Procedures for Evaluating the Crashworthiness and Occupant Protection Performance of Alternatively Designed Passenger Rail Equipment for Use in Tier/ Service," U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Railroad Administration.
- Kim, G. Y. and Koo, J. S., 2010, "A Study on Overriding Analysis Using Mathematical Model of Railway Vehicle," The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, pp. 1907-1908.
- Jin, S. Z., Jung, H. S., Kwon, T. S. and Kim, J. S., 2015, "A Study on 3-D Simulation for Override Evaluation of Urban Train," The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers Autumn Conference, pp. 51-52.
- LSTC, LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual Version 971.
Supported by : 국토교통부