- Volume 40 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of Dual Sensor for Prognosticating Fatigue Failure of Mechanical Structures
구조물의 피로파괴 예지를 위한 이중센서 개발
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.06.21
- Published : 2016.08.01
Because of the inherent uncertainties caused by the manufacturing process variations, future loading conditions, and incomplete damage models, the lifetimes of mechanical structures under field conditions are significantly different from the results obtained in the laboratories. In this study, a dual sensor was developed to prognosticate the fatigue failure of structures under these uncertain conditions, and its effectiveness was demonstrated on a rectangular columnar structure under repeated uni-axial loading. The dual sensor is a slightly weaker structure embedded in the target structure, so that failure occurs in the sensor earlier than in the target structure. From the signal differences in the strain gauges in the embedded dual sensor, it is possible to differentiate between the normal status and warning status, even under variable loads.
Dual Sensor;Fatigue Failure;Mechanical Structure;Prognostics and Health Management
- Sankaraman, S., Teubert, C. and Goebel, K., 2014, "Uncertainty in Steady-State Diagnostics of a Current-Pressure Transducer: How Confident are we in Diagnosing Faults?," Annual Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society, pp. 356-366.
- Lim, J. B., 2011, "Fatigue Life Estimation of a Aircraft Lug Considering Model Uncertainty," The conference of Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, pp. 792-796.
- Seo, J. W., Goo, B. C., Kim, N. P., You, W. H. and Chung., H. C., 2001, "Probabilistic Estimation of the Fatigue Strength of an Electric Car Bogie Frame," The Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 261-266.
- Kim, B. S., 2014, "Multi-MW Class Wind Turbine Blade Design Part II: Structural Integrity Evaluation," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 311-320. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2014.38.4.311
- Seo, B. S., Jang, B. C. and Youn B. D., 2015, "Success Cases and Vision on PHM technology in Engineering System," The Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 7-15.
- Baek, D. C., Bae, K. H. and Park, J. W., 2015, "Prediction of Fatigue Failure of Mechanical Structure using Embedded Design," The Conference of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering: Materials and Fracture, pp. 95-96.
- Deviation based fault detection method for shackles under variable loading vol.32, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0124-2
Grant : 신뢰성평가기술 고도화를 통한 중소기업 기술지원
Supported by : 과학기술연구회