- Volume 40 Issue 8
Track rollers are the key parts that support the weight applied to the caterpillar track of construction machinery. The operating conditions of construction machinery are harsh; hence, the track rollers exposed to these conditions can experience failures such as oil leakage and breakdown of the machine, because of impacts during driving. The failure of track-rollers has a major effect on the operation of the construction machinery. Therefore, each manufacturer tries to evaluate the performance of their products by conducting a self-test. However, only the vertical loads applied to the track rollers are considered in most of the self-tests. This method has the problem of ignoring the horizontal loads that are applied to the track rollers while rotary driving, and hence it does not create the practical operating condition of the construction machinery. In this study, we have determined the experimental conditions that effectively consider the magnitudes of the vertical and horizontal loads. The results of simulations and experiments conducted to assess the influence of horizontal loads on the failure of track rollers are presented in this paper.
Track Roller;Floating Seal;Load Direction;Leakage;Failure Mode of Track Roller
- Ha, T. W., Lee, Y. B. and Kim, C. HS., 2002, "Leakage and Rotordynamic Analysis of a High Pressure Floating Ring Seal in the Turbo Pump Unit of a Liquid Rocket Engine," Tribology international, Vol. 35, pp. 153-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-679X(01)00110-4
- Oh, J. C., Kim, D. E., Kim, H. J., Kim, M. H. and Kim, C. I., 2009, "Experimental Investigation of Friction and Wear Characteristics of O-Ring," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, No. 10, pp. 1125-1131. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.10.1125
- Choi, J. W., Lim, D. P. and Shim, D. S., 2014, "Development and Evaluation of Link Seal for Excavator Undercarriage Track," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers Autumn Conference, pp. 85-86.
- 2005, "Recurdyn V3R8 Basic Training Guidem," Funtionbay.
- Hwang, Y. K., 1992, "Analysis of Road Wheel stress for Tracked Vehicle," Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, pp. 127-132.
- Kim, T. Y., Jung, S. and Yoo, W. S., 2015, "Lumped Track Modeling for Estimating Traction Force of Vecna BEAR Type Robot," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 275-282. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.3.275
- Wills, B. M. D., 1963, "The Measurement of Soil Shear Strength and Deformation Moduli and Comparison of the Actual and Theoretical Performance of a Family of Rigid Tracks," J. of Agricultural Engineering Research, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 115-131.
- Wong, J. Y., 1993, "Theory of Ground Vehicles," 3rd Ed. John Wiley&sons. pp. 88-166.
Grant : 소재부품기술기반혁신
Supported by : 한국기계연구원