- Volume 40 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Study of Fuel Consumption Characteristics and Regenerative Braking Recovery Rate in a TMED Type Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle
TMED방식 병렬형 하이브리드 차량의 회생제동 회수율 및 연비 특성 연구
- Received : 2016.02.08
- Accepted : 2016.06.28
- Published : 2016.08.01
In this work, we conducted a study of fuel consumption characteristics and regenerative braking recovery rate by conducting an experiment using a TMED type parallel hybrid electric vehicle. As regenerative braking technology is considered essential to improve the energy efficiency of the hybrid vehicle, it is necessary to conduct research on the regenerative braking system. Therefore, the electrical characteristics, current balance, and fuel consumption were investigated using an EC type chassis dynamometer with experimental conditions as per IM240 mode. From the results, it was observed that when the initial SOC condition was lower, the engine operating time of the hybrid vehicle increased, and the energy efficiency decreased. While operating in the driving mode characteristics condition and the driving characteristics condition, the difference in the average fuel consumption was not significant. However, after completion of the experiment, there was a difference in the engine operation.
Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle;Regenerative Braking;Fuel Consumption Characteristics;Energy Efficiency
- Ueda, T. and Ohata, A., 2004, "Trends of Futre Power-train Development and the Evolution of Power-train Control Systems," SAE 2004-21-0063.
- Kuze, Y., Kobayashi, H., Ichinose. H. and Othuka, T. 2004, "Development of New Generation Hybrid System (THSII) -Development of Toyota Coolant Heat Storage System-," SAE 2004-01-0643.
- Kim, D. H., Ahn, S. J. and Choi, J. W., 2012, "Design and Analysis a Drive-train for a Parallel-type Hybrid Electric Vehicle," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering.
- Lee, D., Hwang, I. G., Jeon, D. and Park, S. 2008, "Development and Optimization of the Hybrid Engine System Model to Improve the Fuel Economy," Transaction of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 65-73.
- Chung, J., Seo, Y., Choi, Y., Choi, S.. Kim, H. and Jung, K., 2011, "A Study on the Fuel Economy Prediction Method Based on Vehicle Power Analysis of PRIUS III," Transactions of KSAE.
- Cho, S., Yu, S., Jung, D. and Min, K. 2009, "Energy Flow in Parallel Hybrid Vehicle," KSAE09-A0502.
- Zheng, K., Yao, Y., Shen, T., Hikiri, K. and Sasaki, M., 2008, "Modeling and Control of Regenerative Braking System in Heavy Duty Hybrid Electrical Vehicles," SAE 2008-01-1569.
- Kaul, S., Gupta, J., Sharma, S. and Kumar, N., 2013, "Scope of Regenerative (magnetic) Braking in the Production of Electricity in Automobiles," SAE 2013-01-2543.
- Park, H., Seo, Y., Kang, W., Chung, J., Choi, Y., Han, B., Hahn, C. and Sung, S., 2011, "F.E Comparison of Hybrid Electric Vehicles(HEV) with Regard to the Driving Cycle Variations," KSAE11- A0117.
- Kim, H. G., Kim, D., Choi, Y., Seo, Y., Lee, C. and Lee, C., 2010, "The Study for Characteristics of Hybrid Vehicle with Chassis Dynamometer," Transactions of KSAE.
- A bond graph model for simulating the effects of regenerative braking system on emission of a hybrid vehicle vol.232, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/1464419317748015
- Experimental Evaluation and Prediction Algorithm Suggestion for Determining SOC of Lithium Polymer Battery in a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle vol.8, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/app8091641
Supported by : 산업통상자원부