- Volume 33 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis and Optimization on Inside Flows of Fluid in Roll-to-Roll Slot-Die Nozzle by CFD Simulation
CFD 해석을 이용한 롤투롤 슬롯-다이 내부 유동 분석 및 최적화
Kim, Seongyong;Lee, Changwoo
- Received : 2016.05.24
- Accepted : 2016.07.13
- Published : 2016.08.01
Computational fluid dynamic simulation based on the ABAQUS software was conducted to observe the inside flow of slot-die nozzle. The slot-die nozzle was modeled as 3-dimensional structure and three significant parameters were determined: inlet velocity of fluid, reservoir angles, number of strips none of which have been mentioned previously in the literature. The design of experiment, full factorial analysis was performed within determined design and process levels. The simulation result shows the inlet fluid velocity is most significant factor for the flows of inside nozzle. As an interaction effect, reservoir angle is closely related with number of strip that should address when the nozzle is designed. Moreover, the optimized values of each determined parameter were obtained as 35 mm/s of inlet velocity, 3 of strip numbers, and
Computational fluid dynamics;Design of experiments;Roll-to-Roll system;Slot-Die coating
- Park, J., Shin, K., and Lee, C., "Roll-to-Roll Coating Technology and Its Applications: A Review," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 537-550, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-016-0067-z
- Romero, O., Suszynski, W., Scriven, L., and Carvalho, M., "Low-Flow Limit in Slot Coating of Dilute Solutions of High Molecular Weight Polymer," Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 118, No. 2, pp. 137-156, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnnfm.2004.03.004
- Lee, J. and Nam, J., "A Simple Model for Viscoplastic Thin Film Formation for Coating Flows," Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 229, pp. 16-26, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnnfm.2015.12.012
- Romero, O., Scriven, L., and Carvalho, M., "Slot-Coating of Mildly Viscoelastic Liquids," Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 138, No. 2, pp. 63-75, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnnfm.2005.11.010
- Chang, Y.-R., Chang, H.-M., Lin, C.-F., Liu, T.-J., and Wu, P.-Y., "Three Minimum Wet Thickness Regions of Slot Die Coating," Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 308, No. 1, pp. 220-230, 2006.
- Park, J., Shin, K., and Lee, C., "Optimized Design for Anti-Reflection Coating Process in Roll-to-Roll Slot-Die Coating System," Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 30, No. 10, pp. 432-441, 2016.
- Hecht, D. S., Hu, L., and Irvin, G., "Emerging Transparent Electrodes Based on Thin Films of Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene, and Metallic Nanostructures," Advanced Materials, Vol. 23, No. 13, pp. 1482-1513, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201003188
- Shin, K., Park, J., and Lee. C., "A 250-mm-Width, Flexible, and Continuous Roll-to-Roll Slot-Die Coated Carbon Nanotube/Silver Nanowire Film Fabrication and a Study on the Effect of Anti- Reflective Overcoat," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 598, pp. 95-102, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2015.12.004
- Kim, S., Kim, S. Y., Chung, M. H., Kim, J., and Kim, J. H., "A One-Step Roll-to-Roll Process of Stable AgNW/PEDOT: PSS Solution Using Imidazole as a Mild Base for Highly Conductive and Transparent Films: Optimizations and Mechanisms," Journal of Materials Chemistry C, Vol. 3, No. 22, pp. 5859-5868, 2015.
- Park, J., Shin, K., and Lee, C., "Improvement of Cross-Machine Directional Thickness Deviation for Uniform Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive Layer in Rollto-Roll Slot-Die Coating Process," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 937-943, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0122-1
- Krebs, F. C., Fyenbo, J., and Jorgensen, M., "Product Integration of Compact Roll-to-Roll Processed Polymer Solar Cell Modules: Method and Manufacture Using Flexographic Printing, Slot-Die Coating and Rotary Screen Printing," Journal of Materials Chemistry, Vol. 20, No. 41, pp. 8994-9001, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1039/c0jm01178a
- Schmidt, T. M., Larsen-Olsen, T. T., Carle, J. E., Angmo, D., and Krebs, F. C., "Upscaling of Perovskite Solar Cells: Fully Ambient Roll Processing of Flexible Perovskite Solar Cells with Printed Back Electrodes," Advanced Energy Materials, Vol. 5, No. 15, Paper No. 02164, 2015.
Lima, F. A. S., Beliatis, M. J., Roth, B., Andersen, T. R., Bortoti, A., et al., "Flexible ITO-Free Organic Solar Cells Applying Aqueous Solution-Processed
$V_2O_5$Hole Transport Layer: An Outdoor Stability Study," APL Materials Vol. 4, No. 2, Paper No. 1500569, 2016.
- Lee, C., Kang, H., Kim, C., and Shin, K., "A Novel Method to Guarantee the Specified Thickness and Surface Roughness of the Roll-to-Roll Printed Patterns Using the Tension of a Moving Substrate," Journal of Microelectromechanical, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 1243-1253, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/JMEMS.2010.2067194
Supported by : 한국연구재단