- Volume 33 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of an Advanced Oil Deflector Used in Thermoelectric Power Plant
화력발전소에 사용되는 개선된 오일 디플렉터 개발
Choi, Yong Hoon;Kwak, Hyo Seo;Lee, Chang Ryeol;Kim, Chul
- Received : 2016.01.04
- Accepted : 2016.05.03
- Published : 2016.08.01
Oil deflector prevents oil leakage that occurs in thermoelectric power plant at operating lubricant facilities. Vibration of rotating rotor-induced wear of aluminum tooth in existing oil deflector leads to oil leakage as well as life shortening of the tooth. In this study, an advanced oil deflector was developed for shock absorption and prevention of wear by decreasing clearance (from 0.5 mm to 0.2 mm) between rotor and tooth to minimize oil leakage, and by replacing 2 aluminum teeth in outmost of the oil deflector with hi-performance seal made of engineering plastic. The CFD results were compared between advanced vs. existing oil deflector to determine the amount of oil loss. Structural safety was verified through impact analyses according to the three kinds of engineering plastics, considering cost efficiency, and optimal material of hi-performance seal was chosen.
Oil deflector;Engineering plastic;CFD analysis;Impact analysis
- Yang, S. H., Park, C. H., Kim, J. C., and Ha, H. C., "Examination of the Periodic High Vibration by the Accumulated Carbide at Oil Deflector of a Steam Turbine for Power Plant," Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 897-903, 2002. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2002.12.11.897
- Ha, T. W. and Kang, J. H., "Leakage Analysis of Angled-Labyrinth-Packing-Ring Seal for Steam Turbine Using CFD," Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 298-304, 2009.
- Hur, J. H., Ahn, J. H., Park, J. G., Moon, S. J., Lee, J. H., et al., "Analysis of Leakage through Labyrinth Seal in a Steam Turbine due to Modification the Teeth Angle," Proc. of the Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea on Winter Annual Conference, pp. 313-318, 2009.
- Kim, J. W. and Pack, J. W., "A Study on Mathemetical Model for Analysis of the Retractable Packing Seals for Steam Turbine Rotors," Proc. of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers on Fall Annual Conference, pp. 43-48, 2007.
- Kweon, Y. S. and Suh, J. S., "A Study on the Turbine Performance in the Steam Seal Variable Clearance Packing Type of Steam Turbine," Proc. of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers on Fall Annual Conference, pp. 1676-1681, 2004.
- Kim, J. H., Bae, J. H., Lee, C. R., and Kim, C., "Development of Flexible Packing Ring in Steam Turbine for Reduction of Leakage by using CFD Flow Analysis," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 7, pp. 741-748, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.7.741
- ANSYS Inc., "ANSYS CFX Introduction," 2015.
- Ivanov, A. V. and Moskvicev, A. V., "Influence of Geometry on Vortex Configuration and Dimension in LRE Turbopump Labyrinth Seal," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 106, pp. 126-131, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.06.015
- Wang, W.-Z., Liu, Y.-Z., Jiang, P.-N., and Chen, H.-P., "Numerical Analysis of Leakage Flow through Two Labyrinth Seals," Journal of Hydrodynamics Ser. B., Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 107-112, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(07)60035-3
- Hu. J. H., "Analysis of the Leakage Through Labyrinth Seal in a Steam Turbine due to Modification of the Teeth Shape," Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University, 2010.
- Xiaodong, Q. and Xiuli, S., "Multidisciplinary Design Optimization of Turbine Disks based on ANSYS Workbench Platforms," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 99, pp. 1275-1283, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2014.12.659
Supported by : 중소기업청