- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Design and Manufacture of Modified Rhombus Slot UWB antenna with Fork-shaped-Feedline
포크 모양의 급전 구조를 갖는 변형된 마름모 슬롯 UWB 안테나 설계 및 제작
Ha, Sung-Jea;Yoon, Joong-Han
- Received : 2016.03.11
- Accepted : 2016.04.30
- Published : 2016.07.31
In this paper, we propose a modified rhombus slot UWB(Ultra Wide Band) antenna with fork-shaped feeding structure. The proposed antenna is modified rhombus slot structure and fork-shaped feeding structure to get ultra-wideband characteristics for UWB communication. Modified rhombus slot structure consists of slot shaped which eliminated upper and lower part of the basic rhombus slot. The antenna is designed on an FR-4 substrate of which the dielectric constant is 4.4, and its overall size is
Slot Antenna;Modified Rhombus Slot;Fork-shaped-fed;UWB(Ultra-Wide band) Application
- J. R. Jamesand and P. S. Hall, Handbook of microstrip antenna, London: Peter Pereginus. 1989.
- J. Y. Sze and K. L. Wong, "Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line fed printed wide-slot antenna", IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1020-1024, Jul. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.933480
- Y. W. Jang, "Experimental study of large bandwidth three-offset microstrip-fed slot antenna", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 425-427, Oct. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/7260.959318
- T. A. Denidni, Q. J. Rao, A.R. Sebak, and L. Talbi, "A broadband high efficiency bow tie slot antenna for WLAN applications", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 317-320, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.20456
- G. Sorbello, M. Pavone, and L. Pussello, "Numerical and experimental study of a rectangular slot antenna for UWB communications", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 315-319, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.20975
- D. C. Chang, J.C. Liu, and M.Y. Liu, "Improved U-shaped stub rectangular slot antenna with tuning pad for UWB applications", IET Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 20, pp. 1095-1097, Sep. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20052095
- D. S. Javan, O.H. Ghouchani, "Cross slot antenna with U-shaped tuning stub for ultra wideband applications", International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2008 Article numb ID 262981, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- J. H. Yoon, Wideband modified bow-tie slot antenna with a U shaped tuning stub, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 23-28, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.25632
- Y. Yang, Y. Z. Yin, B. W. Liu, and S. H. Jing, "A quasi-semicircular wide slot antenna with 3.5/5.5 GHz dual band notched characteristics for ultra-wideband applications, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1602-1605, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.26901
- Federal Communications Commission, First report and order, revision of Part 5 of Commission's rule regarding ultra-wideband transmission system FCC 02-48, Apr. 22, 2002.
- A. Kishk, Advancement in microstrip antennas with recent application, Intech, 2013.
- J. H. Lu and C. H. Yeh, "Planar Broadband arc-shaped monopole antenna for UWB system," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 3091-3095, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2012.2196954
- Z. N. Chen, "Development of Ultra-wideband antennas", The Journal of Korea Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 63-72, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.2.63
- K. M. Hanapi, S. K. A. Rahim, B. M. Saad, M. S. Abdull Rani, and M. Z. Abd Aziz, "An Elliptically planar UWB monopole antenna with step slots defective ground structure," Microwave and Optics Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2084-2088, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28530
- M. M. Fakharian and P. Rezaei, "Very compact palmate leaf-shaped CPW-fed monopole antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optics Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 1612-1616, Jul. 2014,. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28395
- S. M. H. Varkiani, M. Afsahi, and P. Reazaie, "Circular slot CPW-fed monopole antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optics Technology Letters, vol. 56, no 8, pp. 1773-1776, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28446
- J. H. Yeo and J. I. Lee, "UWB Circular Loop Antenna with Circular Sectors," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2816-2822, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.12.2816
- T. W. Kim, K. Choi, and H. Y. Hwang, "An UWB design of plane bow-tie monopole antenna," The Journal of Korea Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1212-1218, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2014.25.12.1212
- S. Singhal and K. Singh, "Beveled monopole antenna with slot loaded like ground plane for UWB application," Microwave and Optics Technology Letters, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1289-129, Jun. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.29072
- S. M. H. Varkiani, M. Afsahi, and P. Rezaei, "Circular slot CPW-fed monopole antenna for UWB applications", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1773-1776, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28446
- K. M. Hanapi, S. K. A. Rahim, B. M. Saad, M. S. A. Rani, and M. Z. A. Aziz, "An elliptically planar UWB monopole F antenna with step slots defective ground structure", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2084-2088, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28530
- Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) Version 10.0, Ansoft Corporation, 2005.