- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Energy Efficient Transmit Antenna Selection Scheme in Multi-User Massive MIMO Networks
Multi-User Massive MIMO 네트워크에서 에너지 효율적인 전송 안테나 선택 기법
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.18
- Published : 2016.07.31
Recently, there have been many researches which can achieve high data rate in multi-user massive MIMO networks while reducing the complexity in terms of both hardware and algorithm. In addition, many researches have been conduced to reduce the energy consumption in next generation mobile communication networks. In this paper, we thus investigated new transmit antenna selection scheme to achieve low computational complexity and enhance energy efficiency in multi-user massive MIMO networks. First, we introduced the optimal scheme based on Brute-Force searching to maximize the energy efficiency and then proposed new antenna selection scheme to dramatically reduce the computational complexity compared to the optimal scheme. As the number of transmit antennas increases, the complexity of the optimal scheme exponentially increases while the complexity of the proposed scheme linearly increases. Nevertheless, the energy efficiency performance gap between proposed and optimal schemes is not huge.
MIMO;Multi-User Massive MIMO Networks;Energy Efficiency;Antenna Selection
- Cisco White Paper, Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2015-2020, Feb. 2016.
- Y. G. Lim, C. B. Chae, "Understanding of Massive MIMO Technology," The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Electronic Engineering Bulletin, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 63-70, Nov. 2012.
- E. G. Larsson, O. Edfors, F. Tufvesson, and T. L. Marzetta, "Massive MIMO for Next Generation Wireless Systems," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 186-195, Feb. 2014.
- I. Berenguer, X. Wang, and V. Krishnamurthy, "Adaptive MIMO Antenna Selection," in Proceeding of IEEE Conference Record Thirty-Eighth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 21-26, Nov. 2003.
- A. F. Molisch and M. Z. Win, "MIMO Systems with Antenna Selection - an overview," in Proceeding. of IEEE RAWCON, pp.167-170, Aug. 2003.
- R. Chen, J. G. Andrews and R. W. Heath, "Efficient transmit antenna selection for multi-user MIMO systems with block diagonalization," in Proceeding of IEEE GLOBECOM, pp.3499-3503, Dec. 2007.
- T. Cheng and C. Yuan, "Low complexity general antenna selection algorithm for MU-MIMO-BC systems," in Proceeding of International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, pp.1-5, Sep. 2009.
- S. Sanayei and A. Nosratinia, "Antenna selection in MIMO systems," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 42, no. 10, pp.68-73, Oct. 2004.
- P. H. Lin and S. H. Tsai, "Performance analysis and algorithm designs for transmit antenna selection in linearly precoded multiuser MIMO systems," IEEE Trans. Veh. Techn., vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 1698-1708, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2012.2190435
- T. W. Ban and B. C. Jung, "Sliding Window- ased Transmit Antenna Selection for Large-Scale MU-MIMO Networks," IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, vol. E97-A, no. 7, pp. 1640-1641, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1587/transfun.E97.A.1640
- "Mobile's Green Manifesto 2012," GSM Association, www.gsma.com/mee.
- Z. Zhou, S. Zhou, J. Gong, and Z. Niu, "Energy-Efficient Antenna Selection and Power Allocation for Large-Scale Multiple Antenna Systems with Hybrid Energy Supply," in Proceeding of IEEE GLOBECOM 2014, Dec. 2014.
- C. Jiang and L. J. Cimini, "Antenna Selection for Energy-Efficient MIMO Transmission," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 577-580, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/WCL.2012.082712.120417
- S. Shim, J. S. Kwak, R. W. Heath, and J. G. Andrews, "Block diagonalization for multi-user MIMO with other-ell interference," IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 2671-2681, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2008.070093
Grant : Development of Device Collaborative Giga-Level Smart Cloudlet Technology
Supported by : Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion (IITP)