- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Energy Efficient Resource Allocation with Energy Harvesting in Cognitive Radio Networks
인지 라디오 네트워크에서 에너지 하베스팅을 고려한 에너지 효율적 자원 할당 방안
- Received : 2016.03.07
- Accepted : 2016.03.23
- Published : 2016.07.31
Recently, the energy harvesting technology in which energy is collected from the wireless signal which is transmitted by mobile communication devices, has been considered as a novel way to improve the life time of wireless sensors by mitigating the lack of power supply problem. In this paper, we consider the optimal sensing time and power allocation problem for cognitive radio systems, where the energy efficiency of secondary user is maximized while the constraint are satisfied, using the optimization technique. Based on the derived optimal solutions, we also have proposed an iterative resource allocation algorithm in which the optimal power and sensing time allocation can be found without excessive computations. The simulation results confirm that the proposed scheme achieves the optimal performance and it outperforms the conventional resource allocation schemes in terms of energy efficiency while the constraints are guaranteed to be satisfied.
Energy Efficiency;Energy Harvesting;Cognitive Radio;Power Allocation
- Study on enhancements for MTC, 3GPP TR Std. TR 22.888, v.0.4.0, 2011.
- M. Pinuela, P. Mitcheson, and S. Lucyszyn, "Ambient RF energy harvesting in urban and semi-urban environments," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2715-2726, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2013.2262687
- X. Kang, Y.-C. Liang, H. K. Garg, and L. Zhang, "Sensing-based spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 4649-4654, Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2009.2018258
- S. Stotas and A. Nallanathan, "Optimal sensing time and power allocation in multiband cognitive radio networks," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 226235, Jan. 2011.
- S. Lee, R. Zhang, and K. Huang, "Opportunistic wireless energy harvesting in cognitive radio networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4788-4799, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.072613.130323
- D. T. Hoang, D. Niyato, P. Wang, D.I. Kim, "Opportunistic channel access and RF energy harvesting in cognitive radio networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2039-2052, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2014.141108
- W. Dinkelbach, "On Nonlinear Fractional Programming," Management Science, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 492-498, Mar. 1967. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.13.7.492
- D. W. K. Ng, E. Lo, and R. Schober, "Energy-efficient resource allocation in OFDMA systems with large numbers of base station antennas," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 11, pp. 3292-3304, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.072512.111850
- C. Mikeka and H. Arai, "Design of a cellular energy-harvesting radio," Proc. 2009 European Wireless Tech. Conf., pp 73-75, Sep. 2009.
- M. Deruyck, W. Vereecken, W. Joseph, B. Lannoo, M. Pickavet, and L. Martens, "Reducing the power consumption in wireless access networks: Overview and recommendations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 132, pp. 255-274, Oct. 2012.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea, Gyeongsang National University