- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Power Allocation and Splitting Algorithm for SWIPT in Energy Harvesting Networks with Channel Estimation Error
채널 추정 오차가 존재하는 에너지 하베스팅 네트워크에서 SWIPT를 위한 파워 할당 및 분할 알고리즘
- Lee, Kisong (Department of Information and Telecommunication Engineering, Kunsan National University) ;
- Ko, JeongGil (Department of Software and Computer Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2016.05.12
- Accepted : 2016.05.27
- Published : 2016.07.31
In the next generation wireless communication systems, an energy harvesting from radio frequency signals is considered as a method to solve the lack of power supply problem for sensors. In this paper, we try to propose an efficient algorithm for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer in energy harvesting networks with channel estimation error. At first, we find an optimal channel training interval using one-dimensional exhaustive search, and estimate a channel using MMSE channel estimator. Based on the estimated channel, we propose a power allocation and splitting algorithm for maximizing the data rate while guaranteeing the minimum required harvested energy constraint, The simulation results confirm that the proposed algorithm has an insignificant performance degradation less than 10%, compared with the optimal scheme which assumes a perfect channel estimation, but it can improve the data rate by more than 20%, compared to the conventional scheme.
Energy Harvesting Networks;Power Allocation and Splitting;Channel Estimation Error
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- C. He, B. Sheng, P. Zhu, and X. You, "Energy efficiency and spectral efficiency tradeoff in downlink distributed antenna systems," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 153-156, June 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/WCL.2012.022812.120048
- M. Pinuela, P. Mitcheson, and S. Lucyszyn, "Ambient RF energy harvesting in urban and semi-urban environments," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2715-2726, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2013.2262687
- R. J. M. Vullers, R. V. Schaijk, I. Doms, C. V. Hoof, and R. Merterns, "Micropower energy harvesting," Solid-State Electronics, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 684-693, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2008.12.011
- L. R. Varshney, "Transporting information and energy simultaneously," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory (ISIT), pp. 1612-1616, July 2008.
- P. Grover and A. Sahai, "Shannon meets tesla: wireless information and power transfer," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory (ISIT), pp. 2363-2367, June 2010.
- L. Liu, R. Zhang, and K. Chua, "Wireless information and power transfer: a dynamic power splitting approach," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 3990-4001, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2013.071813.130105
- D. W. K. Ng, E. S. Lo, and R. Schober, "Wireless information and power transfer: Energy efficiency optimization in OFDMA systems," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 6352-6370, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.103113.130470
- R. Berry and R. Gallager, "Communication over fading channels with delay constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1135-1149, May 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.995554
- B. Hassibi and B. M. Hochwald, "How much training is needed in multiple-antenna wireless links?," IEEE. Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 951-963, Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2003.809594
- J. Gorski, F. Pfeuffer, and K. Klamroth, "Biconvex sets and optimization with biconvex functions: a survey and extensions," Mathematical Methods Operations Research, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 373-407, June 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00186-007-0161-1
- W. Yu and R. Lui, "Dual methods for nonconvex spectrum optimization of multicarrier systems," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1310-1322, July 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2006.877962