- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
System Design for Real-Time Measuring of Power Quality and Harmonics Distortion using Digital Signal Processor
Digital Signal Processor를 이용한 실시간 전력 요소와 왜율 측정 시스템 설계
kim, Geun-Jun;Kang, Bongsoon
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.07.31
Electrical energy is the essential resource for modern society. Recently, the demand for power was significantly increased. Increase of power demand has lead to a decrease in the power quality. Power quality in modern society has been an important factor that can cause a major problem throughout the home and general industry. Therefore, we need a system for preventing the power quality problems. To avoid power issues, it is important that the measurement of the power quality and initial response. In this paper, we propose real-time power quality measurement system and harmonics monitoring system. We design the system using DM240001 board include dsPIC33FJ256GP710A of microchip. This system can adapt three-phase three-wire system. And optimized the algorithm, we can measure momentary changes of the power system. In addition, designed system can measure harmonics distortion like to VTHD, ITHD and ITDD for 31th harmonics.
Digital Signal Processor;Harmonics Measurement;Power Disturbance;Power Quality Measurement
- G. Chung and S. Kwack, "Development of Artificial-Intelligent Power Quality Diagnosis Algorithm using DSP," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 116-124, Jan. 2009.
- B. Park, J. Park, S. Song and J. Shin, "A Development of Intelligent Metering and Control System for Energy Managerment of Electric Cabinet Panel," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 90-97, Aug. 2013.
- EN 50160:1999, Voltage characteristics of electricity supplied by public distribution systems, 1999.
- IEC 61000-4-30:2003, Power quality measurement methods, 2003.
- K. Oh and Y. Yoo, "A Research into a Device for Measuring the Electric Power Quality and the Harmonic Frequency," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 618-624, Oct. 2012.
- C. Park, "The Development of Real-Time Harmonic Analysis Algorithm in Distribution Transformer," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 43-49, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2013.27.3.043
- A. Broshi, "Monitoring Power Quality Beyond EN 50160 and IEC 61000-4-30," in proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical Power Quality and Utilisation, Barcelona, pp. 1-6, 2007.
- S. Chandrasekar and C. Kalaivanan, "Investigations on Leakage Current and Phase Angle Characteristics of Porcelain and Polymeric Insulator under Contaminated Conditions," International Journal of Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 574-583, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2009.4815193
- V. Sheldon. (2014, June) Reactive Power Primer. SOLARPRO [Online]. Available: http://solarprofessional.com/articles/design-installation/reactive-power-primer
- T. S. Key and J. Lai, "Comparison of Standards and Power Supply Design Options for Limiting Harmonic Distortion in Power System," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 688-695, July. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.231980
Supported by : Small and Medium Business Administration (SMBA)